Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Developmental Biology 8e Online: Images of Embryos Used by Anti-Abortion Activists

I just think they're a bunch of sickos.
How many humans have these people adopted?
None, didn't think they would, otherwise they should be home taking care of them.
Ever notice that most of these "people" are men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How many humans have these people adopted?
None, didn't think they would,
Making assumptions once again with no facts to back you up -

Old 07-11-2008, 03:06 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Yelling, loudly praying, and holding up graphic signs will only serve to antagonize the people these groups are trying to reach. Ever hear the old saying 'you'll catch more flies with honey then vinegar'? Lots of truth in those old sayings

Now, chielgirl and karfar.........noone should adopt for political purposes. Noone. Adoption is not a joke, nor is it catch phrase to 'trap' hypocrites with. So please, stop cheapening it.
thanks

Old 07-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
I was disgusted by this, and my first thought was, is this legal???
Yes - it is legal.

They have a Constitutionally guaranteed right of free speech - even if you don't like the speech

Old 07-11-2008, 03:10 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,551,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes - it is legal.

They have a Constitutionally guaranteed right of free speech - even if you don't like the speech

As we know, most people on the far left believe strongly in the right to protest- but only so long as it's their right and not anyone esle's who may disagree with them. This is one reason I've never attached myself to the democratic party despite some left leaning thoughts I have. The left is so totally intolerant and hateful. It's a very scary group.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:11 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I imagine it's probably legal but in poor taste.

There are many other ways to express one's views and positions than forcing them in another person's face.

I believe it's counter-productive, in fact pi$$ing the "audience" off and making them that much less receptive to any ideas one might be trying to convey.
agreed

Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,299,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I see this all the time outside abortion clinics, even festivals. Yep, those wackos can even justify protesting at a festival. They're all idiots, they have nothing better to do w/their time. Either ignore them or flip them off or better yet, ask them if they'll take care of your baby? That should shut them up.
Friend of mine did just that, when she was a pregnant college student. She pulled over and asked them, since she'd chosen life, if they were going to help her with childcare so she didn't have to quit school. The protestors stuttered and scrambled for an answer. Had no idea what to say.

There are so many more productive ways to use your time... it's always been disgusting to me how "these people" will generally only help you if you're going the adoption route.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
There are so many more productive ways to use your time...
That is your opinion - one you are certainly entitled to of course.

How one spends their time is entirely up to them - don't you agree??

Old 07-11-2008, 03:25 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yelling, loudly praying, and holding up graphic signs will only serve to antagonize the people these groups are trying to reach. Ever hear the old saying 'you'll catch more flies with honey then vinegar'? Lots of truth in those old sayings

Now, chielgirl and karfar.........noone should adopt for political purposes. Noone. Adoption is not a joke, nor is it catch phrase to 'trap' hypocrites with. So please, stop cheapening it.
thanks
I didn't mention adoption, I mentioned putting out the idea to those protestors of them taking care of all those babies they're trying to protect. Do they have the money to do it? No, they don't & they wouldn't if given a chance. How is that cheapening it, I'm not sure.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:28 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,299,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
That is your opinion - one you are certainly entitled to of course.

How one spends their time is entirely up to them - don't you agree??
Of course it's my opinion. Unless there's a ghost taking over my PC or something...? Whose opinion would it be, if not mine? That's what it means when you see "fierce_flawless" there in the corner. Otherwise it would say "lionking" or "Greatday" or "Chielgirl".

And yes, I agree, they can spend their time however they choose... and be as foolish as they want to be. Seems like they ought to work on their strategy is all, if they actually want to get a message across here.

Imagine the outrage though, if people were standing on the street corners protesting the war by using graphic images of dead soldiers? Or rallying for gay marriage rights with signs held up showing images of same sex couples naked in bed together. There would be a tremendous uproar.

Look how much harm PETA has done for the animal rights movement with their craziness. That's my point. But yeah, there's no law against stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies