Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 10:49 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,761,214 times

Advertisements

The elitests I have no use for are the Republican country club types and the Republican big shots that run big business; the people that can get their kids with C averages into Yale. Those are the real elites, the ones with real power.

How in the Hell any working person could form an affinity for Republican politics or think the Republicans are on his side is beyond me. Well yeah, if you're stupid, maybe then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 11:47 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The Daily Bruin - Hating country music is elitist, misguided

I came across this newspaper which was in UCLA's student newspaper. A lot of what the author writes makes sense especially with the elitism in the urban areas of the NOrtheast and West Coast. I've noticed some of this here in the DC area and its a lot worse in NY, Boston, and California. Where I live, the "country" or "Red state" lifestyle is considered anti-establishment which is why I blast country music from my car at full volume (only when I drive through a yuppie neighborhood) and walk around in a John Deere hat and why I'm thinking about getting a Confederate flag.

ONce this rich snobby stiff told me to turn it down, I gave him the bird and told him to f___ himself. I was at a gas station in a snotty area the other week and took satisfaction in that some snotty "***" girls rolled up their windows when I blasted Kellie PIckler and Taylor Swift. And I only do this is in this kind of community because I don't resent working class folks or African Americans (these are ordinary people, the heart and soul of the real America). Just because Obama is black doesn't mean he's in touch with the working class. He is an elitist, pandering politician who uses division and fear and arrogance to get votes. And yes, his elitist remarks about small town USA panders to voters in California, New Jersey, New England, New York, Seattle and Portland.

Is the urban coastal liberal elite out of touch with the real America? And is Barack OBama part of the coastal liberal elite or does he represent the real America like he likes us to believe he does?
This has got to be the dumbest post I've seen on any message board - you're obviously joking and pulling our legs - right? Or you're just posting this for the sake of posting and getting your name out there and 'getting rep' - which to me is a very childish thing to strive for.

Maybe you should stop stereotyping and being a bigot towards a large portion of the country - and realize that we are all Americans and are actually on the same side, we are all human and have feelings, and we in the northeast do not hate the rest of the country!!!..

What made you so hateful towards the folks who live in the Northeast???

HubbleRules

Old 08-10-2008, 03:38 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Since they enacted legislation this past June to do precisely that. In case you weren't aware, it is the liberals who control Congress these days not conservatives.
These days maybe, what about the last 8 years? I have never heard of liberals wanting to spy on their fellow citizens and using terrorism to press that agenda.

What legislation did they pass that is any worse than any paranoid right winger?

Old 08-10-2008, 04:30 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I like Country Music. I don't like Nascar. I like Southern coooking. I don't like grits. I love Boston and NYC and SF and Tampa and Savannah and Charleston. I strongly believe in family values. I am gay. I am registered Democrat, but have voted for various republican and independent candidates.

Turning up your music and flipping people off? What is that? I'm sure there are people that look down on those different than them, but you are assuming based on someone's car or the way they dress or the neighborhood they live in that they look down on you? So you then behave the way you think they expect you to? Think really deeply about your views on this and you may find you are part of a self fulfilling prophecy.
The original poster is the reason there are people out there who still think Country music is back water music and people who listen to it are the same way. Turning up his music and flipping people off shows his immaturity (I assume he's a kid) if not he clearly shows his inferiority complex. Enjoying country music to some people is like admitting you dig ABBA , call it a guilty pleasure you never want to admit to. Me I love country and I'm British and Black and yes people look at me lile I'm odd...that's their problem.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The Daily Bruin - Hating country music is elitist, misguided

I came across this newspaper which was in UCLA's student newspaper. A lot of what the author writes makes sense especially with the elitism in the urban areas of the NOrtheast and West Coast. I've noticed some of this here in the DC area and its a lot worse in NY, Boston, and California. Where I live, the "country" or "Red state" lifestyle is considered anti-establishment which is why I blast country music from my car at full volume (only when I drive through a yuppie neighborhood) and walk around in a John Deere hat and why I'm thinking about getting a Confederate flag.

ONce this rich snobby stiff told me to turn it down, I gave him the bird and told him to f___ himself. I was at a gas station in a snotty area the other week and took satisfaction in that some snotty "***" girls rolled up their windows when I blasted Kellie PIckler and Taylor Swift. And I only do this is in this kind of community because I don't resent working class folks or African Americans (these are ordinary people, the heart and soul of the real America). Just because Obama is black doesn't mean he's in touch with the working class. He is an elitist, pandering politician who uses division and fear and arrogance to get votes. And yes, his elitist remarks about small town USA panders to voters in California, New Jersey, New England, New York, Seattle and Portland.

Is the urban coastal liberal elite out of touch with the real America? And is Barack OBama part of the coastal liberal elite or does he represent the real America like he likes us to believe he does?
Could it be they make you feel small? Could it be outside of your pea sized limited world, you know you could never get very far? Is it?

Old 08-10-2008, 04:58 AM

Is Nashville and country music industry racist?

Old 08-10-2008, 07:46 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
The elitests I have no use for are the Republican country club types and the Republican big shots that run big business; the people that can get their kids with C averages into Yale. Those are the real elites, the ones with real power.

How in the Hell any working person could form an affinity for Republican politics or think the Republicans are on his side is beyond me. Well yeah, if you're stupid, maybe then.
Irishtom29,

I feel the same way - how can people vote for a party that only needs them once every 4 years and says what they want to hear, then promptly turns their back on them and actually promotes legislation that hurts them???

Why do people continue to vote for those who hurt them???

HubbleRules

Old 08-10-2008, 08:40 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
I would strongly urge everyone to look at the OP's post history. This divisive and bigoted post will come as no surprise once you read them.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:43 AM

74 posts, read 138,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
No.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:10 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
While I may not necessarily agree with the OP, I can agree that cultural differences certainly do affect politics in negative ways.

I think the real issue here is how somebody who has lived a certain way their whole life can understand someone different from them. The problem is that Liberals think that anyone who doesn't support what they do is automatically wrong and backwards. Elitist/Elitism is defined as someone who believes they are better than someone else for any reason, whether it be wealth, culture, politics, education, etc. When a Boston Yuppie thinks he is superior to a farmer in Kansas, that is elitism. When a Seattle Liberal thinks he is better than an African tribesman, that is elitism.

It is all based on perceptive. Being Liberal has nothing to do with being elitist per se, but the culture that often fosters Liberalism does. You are not, and will never be better than anyone else because you think gay marriage should be legal. You are not, and will never be better than anyone else because of your education.

And while us Republicans may not agree with what our party does, it is far better than the alternative. That is why we vote them in, knowing we'll get screwed over in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies