Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 04:09 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times

Advertisements

starting being the key word. if you continue to make it, your making wrong decisions. people choose to be poor. this is not an opinion, it's a fact. poverty has reasons, and they are all personal choices. oh, and for your dunce comment, I suggest you use "logic" and read the TOS so I don't have to continue to report your personal attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
i'm definitely not making minimum wage and i'm not crying a river, you dunce. you are going off on a tangent that does not address the topic.

just because you've never made minimum wage doesn't mean OTHERS haven't started at minimum wage are are currently working at minimum wage.

even if one made ten dollars an hour they would not be in the middle- class bracket. care to try again? this time i suggest you use logic if you are able. there are many jobs that do not pay well.

this thread's topic stated emphatically that people choose to be poor. address it logically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 04:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
i'm definitely not making minimum wage and i'm not crying a river, you dunce. you are going off on a tangent that does not address the topic.

just because you've never made minimum wage doesn't mean OTHERS haven't started at minimum wage are are currently working at minimum wage.

even if one made ten dollars an hour they would not be in the middle-class bracket. care to try again? this time i suggest you use logic if you are able. there are many jobs that do not pay well.

this thread's topic stated emphatically that people choose to be poor. address it logically and i hope your profession does not require the full function of your brain, since it seems to be short-circuiting.

I know a whole lot of people who make $10 an hour and are most definitely middle class. It can depend on what part of the country one lives in, age, number of children, amount of debt.

A lot of people working their way through college make $10 an hour and if they're studying certain fields, they'll soon be making $40 an hour or more.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Even if you have to get a minimum wage job right now today, it doesn't mean you have to stay in it, you can keep looking for another job, get some kind of job skills that will get you more. Even in the minimum wage job, you can be the best worker, show up every day and chances are, you'll be promoted shift supervisor in no time -- that gets you a raise. You can often get overtime pay, and you can keep working hard, doing a good job and be promoted store supervisor.

Or work and go to college and go for one of the really high paying careers. Lots of health care professions for example pay pretty good and you don't have to have an IQ of 180 to do them -- just be average IQ and responsible.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:15 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
starting being the key word. if you continue to make it, your making wrong decisions. people choose to be poor. this is not an opinion, it's a fact. poverty has reasons, and they are all personal choices. oh, and for your dunce comment, I suggest you use "logic" and read the TOS so I don't have to continue to report your personal attacks.

you are ignoring that some jobs have a limit in payout. they do not just continue exponentially unless you move out of that position. that means others have to fill that position.

your thinking as well as the op is like a pyramid scheme ignoring the reality that there are others who continually have to fill those lower positions and live on that income.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Even if you have to get a minimum wage job right now today, it doesn't mean you have to stay in it, you can keep looking for another job, get some kind of job skills that will get you more. Even in the minimum wage job, you can be the best worker, show up every day and chances are, you'll be promoted shift supervisor in no time -- that gets you a raise. You can often get overtime pay, and you can keep working hard, doing a good job and be promoted store supervisor.

Or work and go to college and go for one of the really high paying careers. Lots of health care professions for example pay pretty good and you don't have to have an IQ of 180 to do them -- just be average IQ and responsible.
of course you can look for another job but someone else has to fill the position you are leaving. um, what is it you are not getting? lol

Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times
I see this nuttiness is still "'raging".

Ever noticed that when a movement dies, the zealots get even more energized?

This proves that maxim.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

this might be true in a big city or state but in hawaii and other rural places there really is no jobs or indusrty or opportunity to move up. so you live your life at miniumum wage or get that ten cents an hour raise. sometimes being a great worker and wanting better for your family is not what makes it happen

Old 05-17-2009, 04:20 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
I have I am not eligible, k thanks. I get a free check up, that is it. Everything else I need, such as MRI, etc comes out of MY pocket. Why don't YOU do some research before acting like you're smarter than what you are. If you aren't disabled, mentally challenged, or have dependents, it is extremely hard to get any kind of healthcare coverage thank you very much. My old roomy after having a severe allergic reaction and being rushed to the hospital only was able to get 50% of his multi-thousand dollar bill paid for. The rest was his responsibility. Just because you can pop out babies and get healthcare doesn't mean I can. k thanks. Oh and btw wth kinda name is iq140? WHY on gods green earth do you feel like advertising that? True or not, I still see no point in making it your screen name.
Medicaid won't pay for treatment for your knee? I apologize. I don't know much about Medicaid.

Did your friend go to a Public Hospital? The law says they have to treat you regardless of whether you have health insurance or not. Of course, the treatment given at those places is probably not the best. I thought that the Feds or the state or the counties paid those hospitals for the treatment they provided for those who do not have the resources to buy health insurance.

This is shocking news! I'm appauled. If your knee is "cracking" and you can hear it, and you have fallen because it has given out, then maybe it wouldn't hurt to just go to the ER of a Public Hospital and have it checked out.......especially if you find yourself falling again.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:21 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
yes, and those who fill those lower positions are usually teenagers. are you not following me? let's unionize mcdonalds!

Quote:
you are ignoring that some jobs have a limit in payout. they do not just continue exponentially unless you move out of that position. that means others have to fill that position.

your thinking as well as the op is like a pyramid scheme ignoring the reality that there are others who continually have to fill those lower positions and live on that income.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this might be true in a big city or state but in hawaii and other rural places there really is no jobs or indusrty or opportunity to move up. so you live your life at miniumum wage or get that ten cents an hour raise. sometimes being a great worker and wanting better for your family is not what makes it happen
they must believe in magic. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies