Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:24 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times

Advertisements

Couldn't have said it your way, and since they won't let me rep anyone I agree with, here's my rep point and agreement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Really? Because IMHO he put together a great, methodical case with a powerhouse summation, and has Deadeye right in his line of vision. He's certainly discredited Libby enough to eliminate him as a witness in any Cheney trial. And, there's still that sealed indictment thingy, too...

Funny how the wingnut blogosphere doesn't match your smugness, either, and you know they'd be cackling like hyenas if there was even a chance that this would prove to be a "nonevent". They are eerily silent about this.

The neocon house of cards is about to come tumblin' down. It's Fitzmas, baby!

Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:

Funny how the wingnut blogosphere doesn't match your smugness, either, and you know they'd be cackling like hyenas if there was even a chance that this would prove to be a "nonevent". They are eerily silent about this.

Hah!
They would indeed be gathered, slavering and baying if this were a non-event.
"Fitzmas." Love it! All hail mb919.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:13 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Really? Because IMHO he put together a great, methodical case with a powerhouse summation, and has Deadeye right in his line of vision. He's certainly discredited Libby enough to eliminate him as a witness in any Cheney trial. And, there's still that sealed indictment thingy, too...

The wingnuts' biggest argument was "Plame wasn't covert so no crime was committed." There would be no reason for a trial if no crime was committed.

Frankly, I'm more concerned that we have treasonous SOBs running the country. Declassifying secret material for political purposes? Outing a CIA agent? If, in the next trial, it's proven that Cheney outed a covert agent for political purposes, Cheney deserves to hang.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:41 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Here's another article on the Libby trial that some might appreciate reading:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines07/0220-06.htm

(PS - don't look unless you are progressive! )

Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
ontheroad,

I read that yesterday in the National Journal. I've been following Murray Waas for awhile now. He seems to have some sort of inside information... Not sure who/what but his stories have been "on the money" throughout this entire thing.

I *hope* Uncle Dickie is indicted next!!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:29 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
WASHINGTON - Vice President
Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, was convicted Tuesday of lying and obstructing a leak investigation that reached into the highest levels of the Bush administration.

Yahoo link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak_trial (broken link)

Old 03-06-2007, 12:49 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The wingnuts' biggest argument was "Plame wasn't covert so no crime was committed." There would be no reason for a trial if no crime was committed.

Frankly, I'm more concerned that we have treasonous SOBs running the country. Declassifying secret material for political purposes? Outing a CIA agent? If, in the next trial, it's proven that Cheney outed a covert agent for political purposes, Cheney deserves to hang.
Surely you jest. Libby will get what's coming to him for lying to investigators, similar to what Martha Stewart did, but less serious than Bill Clinton's lying to a grand jury, as he should. No other crime has been committed related to this story. After the Libby trial is done, it's over.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:25 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,434 times
Guilty !

Last edited by Yac; 03-07-2007 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: There is only one y in guilty.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:38 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Surely you jest. Libby will get what's coming to him for lying to investigators, similar to what Martha Stewart did, but less serious than Bill Clinton's lying to a grand jury, as he should. No other crime has been committed related to this story. After the Libby trial is done, it's over.
Lying to a grand jury and the FBI over the outing of a covert agent, during a time of war no less (and yes, she WAS a covert agent) is less serious than lying about a BJ? If you say so.

It's nice to see that these guys (well, some of these guys, anyway) aren't above the law. I hope that Congress, and specifically Rep. Conyers, picks up Fitz's ball and takes this all the way up to the top. He would be derelict in his duty if he didn't. Even the jurors knew that while Libby lied, he was a mere front man for Cheney, Rove, and Bush. This administration is a bunch of anti-American criminals who put party and self over country, and anyone who apologizes for them or continues to cheer them on is just as anti-American. Really, only the willfully ignorant fail to see this at this point.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:42 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Lying to a grand jury and the FBI over the outing of a covert agent, during a time of war no less (and yes, she WAS a covert agent) is less serious than lying about a BJ? If you say so.
The reason for the lying is irrelevent. If Plame was covert, there would've already been a trial.

Quote:
It's nice to see that these guys (well, some of these guys, anyway) aren't above the law. I hope that Congress, and specifically Rep. Conyers, picks up Fitz's ball and takes this all the way up to the top. He would be derelict in his duty if he didn't. Even the jurors knew that while Libby lied, he was a mere front man for Cheney, Rove, and Bush. This administration is a bunch of anti-American criminals who put party and self over country, and anyone who apologizes for them or continues to cheer them on is just as anti-American. Really, only the willfully ignorant fail to see this at this point.
The kool-aid sure is flowing this evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies