U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2007, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,460,221 times
Reputation: 3826

Advertisements

Couldn't have said it your way, and since they won't let me rep anyone I agree with, here's my rep point and agreement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Really? Because IMHO he put together a great, methodical case with a powerhouse summation, and has Deadeye right in his line of vision. He's certainly discredited Libby enough to eliminate him as a witness in any Cheney trial. And, there's still that sealed indictment thingy, too...

Funny how the wingnut blogosphere doesn't match your smugness, either, and you know they'd be cackling like hyenas if there was even a chance that this would prove to be a "nonevent". They are eerily silent about this.

The neocon house of cards is about to come tumblin' down. It's Fitzmas, baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 AM
 
Location: on an island
13,374 posts, read 40,148,217 times
Reputation: 13176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post

Funny how the wingnut blogosphere doesn't match your smugness, either, and you know they'd be cackling like hyenas if there was even a chance that this would prove to be a "nonevent". They are eerily silent about this.

The neocon house of cards is about to come tumblin' down. It's Fitzmas, baby!
Hah!
They would indeed be gathered, slavering and baying if this were a non-event.
"Fitzmas." Love it! All hail mb919.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 11:13 AM
 
9,716 posts, read 12,938,315 times
Reputation: 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Really? Because IMHO he put together a great, methodical case with a powerhouse summation, and has Deadeye right in his line of vision. He's certainly discredited Libby enough to eliminate him as a witness in any Cheney trial. And, there's still that sealed indictment thingy, too...

Funny how the wingnut blogosphere doesn't match your smugness, either, and you know they'd be cackling like hyenas if there was even a chance that this would prove to be a "nonevent". They are eerily silent about this.

The neocon house of cards is about to come tumblin' down. It's Fitzmas, baby!
The wingnuts' biggest argument was "Plame wasn't covert so no crime was committed." There would be no reason for a trial if no crime was committed.

Frankly, I'm more concerned that we have treasonous SOBs running the country. Declassifying secret material for political purposes? Outing a CIA agent? If, in the next trial, it's proven that Cheney outed a covert agent for political purposes, Cheney deserves to hang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,460,221 times
Reputation: 3826
Here's another article on the Libby trial that some might appreciate reading:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines07/0220-06.htm

(PS - don't look unless you are progressive! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 PM
 
9,716 posts, read 12,938,315 times
Reputation: 3315
ontheroad,

I read that yesterday in the National Journal. I've been following Murray Waas for awhile now. He seems to have some sort of inside information... Not sure who/what but his stories have been "on the money" throughout this entire thing.

I *hope* Uncle Dickie is indicted next!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 12:29 PM
 
Location: on an island
13,374 posts, read 40,148,217 times
Reputation: 13176
WASHINGTON - Vice President
Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, was convicted Tuesday of lying and obstructing a leak investigation that reached into the highest levels of the Bush administration.

Yahoo link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak_trial (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
 
7,367 posts, read 6,525,895 times
Reputation: 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The wingnuts' biggest argument was "Plame wasn't covert so no crime was committed." There would be no reason for a trial if no crime was committed.

Frankly, I'm more concerned that we have treasonous SOBs running the country. Declassifying secret material for political purposes? Outing a CIA agent? If, in the next trial, it's proven that Cheney outed a covert agent for political purposes, Cheney deserves to hang.
Surely you jest. Libby will get what's coming to him for lying to investigators, similar to what Martha Stewart did, but less serious than Bill Clinton's lying to a grand jury, as he should. No other crime has been committed related to this story. After the Libby trial is done, it's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 04:25 PM
PPG
 
508 posts, read 1,297,686 times
Reputation: 172
Guilty !

Last edited by Yac; 03-07-2007 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: There is only one y in guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
1,696 posts, read 3,055,990 times
Reputation: 1535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Surely you jest. Libby will get what's coming to him for lying to investigators, similar to what Martha Stewart did, but less serious than Bill Clinton's lying to a grand jury, as he should. No other crime has been committed related to this story. After the Libby trial is done, it's over.
Lying to a grand jury and the FBI over the outing of a covert agent, during a time of war no less (and yes, she WAS a covert agent) is less serious than lying about a BJ? If you say so.

It's nice to see that these guys (well, some of these guys, anyway) aren't above the law. I hope that Congress, and specifically Rep. Conyers, picks up Fitz's ball and takes this all the way up to the top. He would be derelict in his duty if he didn't. Even the jurors knew that while Libby lied, he was a mere front man for Cheney, Rove, and Bush. This administration is a bunch of anti-American criminals who put party and self over country, and anyone who apologizes for them or continues to cheer them on is just as anti-American. Really, only the willfully ignorant fail to see this at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 04:42 PM
 
7,367 posts, read 6,525,895 times
Reputation: 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Lying to a grand jury and the FBI over the outing of a covert agent, during a time of war no less (and yes, she WAS a covert agent) is less serious than lying about a BJ? If you say so.
The reason for the lying is irrelevent. If Plame was covert, there would've already been a trial.

Quote:
It's nice to see that these guys (well, some of these guys, anyway) aren't above the law. I hope that Congress, and specifically Rep. Conyers, picks up Fitz's ball and takes this all the way up to the top. He would be derelict in his duty if he didn't. Even the jurors knew that while Libby lied, he was a mere front man for Cheney, Rove, and Bush. This administration is a bunch of anti-American criminals who put party and self over country, and anyone who apologizes for them or continues to cheer them on is just as anti-American. Really, only the willfully ignorant fail to see this at this point.
The kool-aid sure is flowing this evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top