Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 08:16 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Please sir or madam. Just look back. And thank you for your answer in advance.
I don't find any questions, addressed to me, to be answered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 08:30 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Maybe they dribble when they talk in the UK.
It may be related to the whole 'teeth thing'.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:52 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I also thank you for your willingness to help

BTW - we are now seeing some teachers with concealed weapons in the classrooms here -

Many more are asking for the right to carry
And you guys still don't get it. Next time it's not going to be 2 kids shooting at students and teachers, it will be a full blown gun battle with dozens of teachers with concealed weapons and their students all duking it out?

Then what

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 12-01-2008 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: Removed pictures

Old 11-30-2008, 08:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
uhmmm Why do we even care what gun laws England passes or changes?
What does it matter to us?
For that matter why do the Brits on this forum feel the need to lecture us? Why do they even care?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
And you guys still don't get it. Next time it's not going to be 2 kids shooting at students and teachers, it will be a full blown gun battle with dozens of teachers with concealed weapons and their students all duking it out?
When a student, or students, walk into a classroom and start shooting other students and staff (as happened here not too long ago), you might think differently.

Along the Arizona / Mexico border, there have been recent attacks on schools in the US from people from mexico.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:20 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
uhmmm Why do we even care what gun laws England passes or changes?
What does it matter to us?
For that matter why do the Brits on this forum feel the need to lecture us? Why do they even care?
Just answer the question. We aren't talking about England. We are talking about the way you people tingle Moderator cut: Inappropriate when you hear the word "guns".

It's not a lecture it's a debate. Oh and I sold my home in the US 4 years ago but will be on the lookout for another one when I move back....I'm at home in both countries.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 12-01-2008 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Removed inappropriate remark

Old 11-30-2008, 10:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Just answer the question. We aren't talking about England. We are talking about the way you people tingle Moderator cut: Inappropriate when you hear the word "guns".

It's not a lecture it's a debate. Oh and I sold my home in the US 4 years ago but will be on the lookout for another one when I move back....I'm at home in both countries.
Something guns have in common with brit women. They never had that effect on me either. Thats not to say I found none attractive they just don't have that effect on me.
I like to shoot a well made fire arm. A test of skill and disipline is what it is for me. Not sure where you get your info but it is a bit flawed.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 12-01-2008 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote to represent current post. Deleted reference to removed part.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 AM

558 posts, read 818,986 times
Quote:

Then what

LMAO
No. You still don't get it. Criminals will acquire and carry guns regardless of the laws. Allowing the teachers to carry simply impoves the chances that the gunmen will kill fewer people than they would have killed otherwise. (Did you not see the Stossel video in the other thread?)

Let's use the VA Tech massacre as an example. The guy killed 32 people. If even one or two of the most reponsible students had been allowed to take the same level of accountability for the safety of their own lives and the lives of others as they did their academic careers, carried concealed handguns, and sought out training, the number of people killed might have been drastically reduced. Could a stray bullet from one of the other students have killed someone who might not have otherwise been a victim? Sure, but the probability of the outcomes of such a scenario favors the overal number of students killed to be lower than it was. So, the whole "if it even saves one person's life it's worth it' argument can easily be turned around to favor gun rights.

Oh, and let's not forget there is already a university in Utah where students are allowed to carry concealed handguns to class. They even make free training available to the students if I'm not mistaken. According to your logic they shoud all be kiling each other, right? Care to guess how many have been killed?

Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
...Care to guess how many have been killed?
No response...probably can't count that high.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
Oh, and let's not forget there is already a university in Utah where students are allowed to carry concealed handguns to class. They even make free training available to the students if I'm not mistaken. According to your logic they shoud all be kiling each other, right? Care to guess how many have been killed?

(0) as in zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies