Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,943,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
So basically you hate anyone who is not "normal" like you. What I don't get is why you went to a school was so "liberal" if you were so intolerant and anti-liberal. You're in the south, there's plenty of options for people like you who don't believe in global warming (there's not one science department at any legitimate university that disagrees with global warming being manmade) and who think that goths and cross-dressers shouldn't be accepted. You should have gone to Bob Jones University or BYU if you wanted to be surrounded by a bunch of conservative people who don't accept anyone different from themselves. A university will promote academics and intellectualism, which are both considered "liberal" for some reason.

Do you believe in Evolution?
I never brought up the word "hate", you did. Why you bring up "intolerant" is beyond me, when I specifically said "I can tolerate them, but not accept them".

I didn't think I was going to a liberal school, it was a state run public school in the South.

I said I was Southern, not a religious devout. Of course I believe in evolution.

Obviously this is a CA thread, so I'll exit it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:02 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
I never brought up the word "hate", you did. Why you bring up "intolerant" is beyond me, when I specifically said "I can tolerate them, but not accept them".

I didn't think I was going to a liberal school, it was a state run public school in the South.

I said I was Southern, not a religious devout. Of course I believe in evolution.

Obviously this is a CA thread, so I'll exit it now.
Didn't you get the memo? If we so much as voice any dissenting views against homosexuality, we are engaging in hatred.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Lying?

There was absolutely NO REASON for you to specify the Catholic Church in your little statement other than as a lame attempt to diasparage that particular church.

Why don't YOU stop weaseling?
I mentioned the Catholic Church because it is the Catholic Church that built, funds, and operates the homeless shelter I was speaking of.

THINK before you write this stuff! Sheesh!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,364 times
Quote:
Time for you to grow up and try to understand that calling an incompetent an incompetent IS NOT bashing.

Or is that too difficult a concept?
Yet again, I'm going to encourage you to stop lying. I never made any implication whatever that I graduated from both Harvard and Yale.

You REALLY need to stop this nonsense.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,937,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Classic Liberal reaction - "It's not a Hate Crime because I agree with it"

Orwell would be proud of you.

+1.

What if I vandalized a church that was supportive of gay marriage? Wouldn't that be a hate crime? The gays that trashed that church were acting out of hate, hate of Christianity.

Oops, I forgot, any attack on a group that is considered part of the "mainstream" when perpetrated by a minority is always the fault of the victim.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:22 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Not even going to attempt to read 30 pages of back and forth but it's funny how society (and those on CD who are the most upset over this) ignored for decades hate crimes against the gay folks but are fast to jump on a few militant gay groups doing these crimes.
R.J., they didn't even like the fact that the news media said that the woman who was raped in the SF Bay Area is a lesbian - they said it was "political" to mention it. But when there's a story that suggests that a couple of gays might be responsible for a crime - even though it's pure speculation at this point - they're ready to scream, "You see! The gays did it! They're bad people!"

The anti-gay hypocrisy is almost blinding.

If there's a news story that casts gays in positive or sympathetic light, they get angry about it and say that it should never have been published; if a story casts gays in a negative light, they love it - and it wouldn't matter if the negative story was printed on the front page of every newspaper in the world, they'd still claim that there's some sort of media bias that promotes homosexuality. It's outrageous.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,937,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
R.J., they didn't even like the fact that the news media said that the woman who was raped in the SF Bay Area is a lesbian - they said it was "political" to mention it. But when there's a story that suggests that a couple of gays might be responsible for a crime - even though it's pure speculation at this point - they're ready to scream, "You see! The gays did it! They're bad people!"

The anti-gay hypocrisy is almost blinding.

If there's a news story that casts gays in positive or sympathetic light, they get angry about it and say that it should never have been published; if a story casts gays in a negative light, they love it - and it wouldn't matter if the negative story was printed on the front page of every newspaper in the world, they'd still claim that there's some sort of media bias that promotes homosexuality. It's outrageous.
You do have a bit of a point here, however, it doesn't make what these people did OK and its a hate crime.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:26 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I mentioned the Catholic Church because it is the Catholic Church that built, funds, and operates the homeless shelter I was speaking of.

THINK before you write this stuff! Sheesh!

And THAT of course is why you chose to include the term 'horrible people'?

And THEN try to weasel out of it?

Maybe YOU should THINK before you write YOUR stuff! SHEESH!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Well, if you want to go gay-bashing, where's a better place than in the gay capital of the world? I'm not gonna go to Provo, Utah looking to mess with gays, I'm gonna go to the Castro, West Hollywood, Greenwich Village or Hillcrest...
It's really interesting that you said that. It even happens in cyberspace! If you look at the San Francisco Craigslist Rants and Raves section, or go to the San Francisco Chronicle's website at sfgate.com and read the comments about the gay-related news stories, you'll see a lot of gay bashing - way more than you would see on other cities' websites or expect to see on an SF website.

At first, I didn't understand why there was so much anti-gay rhetoric on those sites, but then someone explained to me that because San Francisco is so well-known for being liberal and gay-friendly, their websites attract a high number of gay bashers.

Crazy, isn't it?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
And THAT of course is why you chose to include the term 'horrible people'?

And THEN try to weasel out of it?

Maybe YOU should THINK before you write YOUR stuff! SHEESH!
Burdell ... I reread that post of Filet's and it was obvious to me and others that he was being sarcastic about the "horrible people" comment. We should just drop the matter and move on with the original topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies