Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:55 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Actually no. It is not that simple. Didnt you read anything on this forum? People get thrown out for leaving while they play "God Bless America". So it is not as easy as your mind thinks. Sorry!
Actually, it is that simple. In a private enterprise (such as MLB), if the owner of the enterprise has established rules, you, as a customer, are expected to follow those rules (as long as they're not illegal), or to be requested to leave the premises. I don't necessarily agree with the rules, either, but it's their event, not mine. I have the right not to pay to visit their establishment if I find their terms of service unacceptable. This is the case with every business with which I choose to do business.

In the case of the Yankees, though, I think the example of the three year old kid was a good one. The kid's not old enough to understand these rules, but he does know when he needs to go. If the security personnel have an issue with this matter, and ask someone to leave because of it, I think it's bad publicity, and will hurt them in the end. If it happens to you, tell your friends, and send a letter to the team owner and manager stating your dissatisfaction. If they don't change things, don't give them your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 698 times
the minute that we start telling anyone what they can say or not say, can sing or not sing, is when we have lost our freedom. We as americans have the freedom to have an opinion for anything and are able to voice it. You wouldn't barge into a boardroom of a private company and declare that you don't agree with their mission statement, when you are not an employee. You have a choice of where to work, where to go to school, or church or believe whatever you choose. Noone has the right to stifle anyones beliefs. I am glad that I am an american, I am proud to know that there are men and women that fight so that i can have an opinion. When i hear the national Anthem, I think of those who gave their lives so that I can stand up and say what I believe in no matter what it is. BEing American is having a choice. You can choose to not attend the event. You can choose to be fashionably late as to not hear it. Just know that YOU HAVE A CHOICE. The National Anthem should not be banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies