Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,668 times

Advertisements

I have a better idea..If you dont like the national anthem at games...you should leave the country !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 12:12 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I have never suggested otherwise. So, what is your point? Do you have one?
Yes you have. GO back and read your posts about liberals wanting to make this less patriotic.

Liberals are just as proud and you know it.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:14 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes you have. GO back and read your posts about liberals wanting to make this less patriotic.

Liberals are just as proud and you know it.
Sorry sweetie - wasn't me. Many liberal I know are proud Americans - and very Patriotic - and they will sing at the top of their lungs God Bless America and the Star Spangled Banner.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sorry sweetie - wasn't me. Many liberal I know are proud Americans - and very Patriotic - and they will sing at the top of their lungs God Bless America and the Star Spangled Banner.
I have no problem with God Bless America. I just will not sing it because I am Agnostic. Saying that singing God Bless America makes you patriotic is not right. It is wrong. I am against it being played at games because as I said NOT everyone believes in God and second of all, why do you guys feel the need to bring God into everything? Just leave it out so EVERYONE can enjoy it.

And yes, it was you...How are the people on the far left even trying to make it less patriotic?

Originally Posted by Greatday
ABSOLUTELY NOT! The National Anthem should not be banned.

This country needs to be MORE Patriotic - not less - like those on the far left are trying to make it.

If someone does not want to sing the National Anthem at a sporting event - fine - that is their right. But don't you DARE to try to stop those who DO WANT TO SHOW SOME PATRIOTISM from doing so!

Old 04-25-2009, 05:35 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times
It is what the song represents. We didn't bring God into it, the song writer did. I think its pretty clear that we have been blessed, if not by God them by the luck of chance. Sure seems strange that as faith dwindles so does the country's greatness though.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:21 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,666,399 times
I wonder. How many parents take little kids to ballgames? When a 3 year old has to go potty he has to go potty, National Anthem or no National Anthem. Would they throw out Daddy and Little Johnny too? I really doubt that.

My daughter played college ice hockey. Many of the college players were Canadians. Oh, Canada was played before all the games. At one playoff game at the beginnng of the Iraq War, word went out that the Canadians were going to "make a statement" in protest.

When the Star Spangeled Banner was played, the Canadian players skated out of their lineup and turned their backs to the American flag. Although we were surprised, at least we knew beforehand something was going to happen. What was very amazing, was the response to this. I would say that about half the people in the stands themselves turned around also. All these people were Canadians? I seriously doubt that. No, fights broke out. There was no booing. It was all very quiet and peaceful. Just people making a political statement at the time.

I don't know if this made the news nationally, but it certainly did locally and the press did report the POSITIVE response of the audience to the protest.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
NO! Why would folks have issues with our national anthem? We cannot ban everything that offends people. What this country needs more of is a strong sense of nationalism especially as we have been becoming more and more divided as a country. If you don't like the US or anything that represents this country, then you should seriously look into relocating to another country that better serves your needs.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:39 AM

Yeah I dont understand why people would have a problem with the National Anthem.

I have a friend who hates anything pro American and thinks it is stupid that I take so much pride in the National Anthem. He thinks it is "fascist."

I am like "Damn...like I usually respect peoples opinions are stuff but THIS....no way.."

Old 04-25-2009, 11:43 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
It is what the song represents. We didn't bring God into it, the song writer did. I think its pretty clear that we have been blessed, if not by God them by the luck of chance. Sure seems strange that as faith dwindles so does the country's greatness though.
It isn't a mystery that we are facing all of these national crisis at the point in time when less and less folks are embracing Christianity. The more we as a nation turn away from God, the less blessed this country will be.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
It isn't a mystery that we are facing all of these national crisis at the point in time when less and less folks are embracing Christianity. The more we as a nation turn away from God, the less blessed this country will be.
Not true. Not true at all.

It is because of useless wars and stupid politics and stupid people that got us here. Not embracing God. Or Christianity for that matter.

If people embrace God through Islam or any other religion, they still embrace God. It has nothing to do with Christianity or God in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies