Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 02:23 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times

Advertisements

partially correct. . . I will agree with "I'm sick". . . . .

Old 05-04-2009, 02:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i should send flowers to rush, he is the reason for the change of management.
thanks rush, without you we could not have done it.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'm a libertarian-leaning Democrat and I wasn't. Not a bit.
I wasn't either. Eeee was making it sound like it was Democrats who pushed Mark Foley out of office, and that they were the only ones who were "outraged" by him.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:46 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I wasn't either. Eeee was making it sound like it was Democrats who pushed Mark Foley out of office, and that they were the only ones who were "outraged" by him.
True. I mean the Foley situation was good for a giggle or two, same with Larry Craig, but mainly because of the whole family values-hypocrisy angle.

Mark Foley can IM or even bang any teenage boy he wants as far as I'm concerned. Most Dems are cool like 'dat

Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM

654 posts, read 466,373 times
The Republican Party needs to get back to their Goldwater roots, but that won't happen. Many of them believe that he turned liberal later on in life.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
True. I mean the Foley situation was good for a giggle or two, same with Larry Craig, but mainly because of the whole family values-hypocrisy angle.

Mark Foley can IM or even bang any teenage boy he wants as far as I'm concerned. Most Dems are cool like 'dat
It's hard to take you seriously about anything.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's hard to take you seriously about anything.
Why? I'm being perfectly serious.

ETA: OK, not all Dems are as hip as I am. The prior sentence still stands.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Quote:
First of all, there is no "far right".
That statement alone demonstrates great ignorance and an extreme perspective.

Quote:
This is just a term invented by liberals to disparage ALL religious conservatives.
No, it's not and it's yet another statement by you that demonstrates how extreme you are to even start a thread with the premise you state.

Quote:
76.5% of Americans describe themselves as "Christian." This is not the GOP; this is the whole country
Yes there are Christian conservatives, Christian liberals and everything inbetween and a great many who have views that are very mixed.

Quote:
So the idea that just a tiny loud minority of Christian conservative crazies are hijacking the GOP and causing them to lose elections is ludicrous, bigoted, and designed to create a false impression.
The actions of the extreme base of the party speak for themself. You don't have to lie, it's the history of the party of the last few decades. Of course the GOP did not used to be owned by religious extremists, it used to be owned by corporations and now both make up the party.

Quote:
The vast majority of us ARE Christian conservatives. The reality is, it's the liberals and moderates and those who follow their advice who are losing elections for the GOP.

No, that's true. Seriously what planet are you living on?

Quote:
Sorry, I just don't listen to the liberal media for tips on how to heal my party, anyway.

I would say that even if you watch the corporate conservative media
of CBS, NBC, ABC, and their cable peers, you would be a little bit more informed. Again they have a conservative agenda and they still acknowledge some facts.

Quote:
They don't have our best interests at heart.
No they sure don't. They continue to be a PR arm of the right.

Quote:
The reason we've lost is because we've taken the media and the moderates' advice.
You lost because decades of failed conservative policies. That's a fact.
Add to that, W who had the most corrupt and incompetent administration of any of our lifetimes.

Additionally, I can't think of an anti-life organization more so than the GOP and its party platform and policies.

Quote:
The GOP is less, not more, conservative or "right-wing" than we were 15 years ago when we swept control of Congress. And that is why we've lost.
And what do you think that Goldwater would say to how conservative the GOP is?

Sorry, government messing with people's personal lives is not small government.

Quote:
The hardliners are right. We stick to our core conservative principles; staunchly pro-life, anti-illegal immigration, tax cuts, spending cuts, pro capitalist, anti-greenpeace whackjob environmental restrictions, we will start to win elections again.
You are not pro-life. Stop saying that you are. Your party loves LOVES illegal labor and will not stop it. Your party loves tax cuts for select Americans and for its biggest doners. Your party has does not reduce spending properly to balance the less revenue.

Your party wants NO regulations on ANYTHING. It was the proud lack of regulation that helped propel our disaster right now. If you had your way, our children and all of us, would not be protected from constant new strains of swine flu, bad peanut butter, and countless other problems that research and regulation provide for.

Quote:
We'll let all the selfish opportunists like Spector, McCain, Hagel, Collins, and Snowe either get onboard or ge off the train. And we'll talk about our plans loudly and often like the GOP did in 1994.
Please please please do. Scream it proudly.

Quote:
But if we listen to all the anti-Palin moderate pukes out there,
t

How mature of you. And it's also great to see you proudly support the most uninformed candidate you possibly could.

Quote:
hose who are embarrassed about the pro-life position,
You are not pro-life. Neither is Palin. Neither is the GOP.

Quote:
those who are afraid not to be accepted on the DC cocktail circuit,

Quote:
and those who want to be praised by the leftwing media

As I noted, Viacom, Disney, GE, Time Warner and News Corp are not leftwing.

Quote:
we're guaranteed to be a minority for a long time.
That's the only true statement you have made.

Quote:
Tom Delay
Yeah what a good man. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
You never see Democrats resign no matter how egregious their behavior is. Hell, William Jefferson can stash $90,000 in a freezer, Clinton's stooge can stuff official documents in his pants, and Barney Frank can run a prostitution ring in his basement. Never any calls for resignation. 'But you let Mark Foley send an email to a kid...no action, just an email...and we get him to resign.
Many called for Jefferson to resign and I felt strongly that he should.
The "stooge" is not in office.

Yet you want Mark Foley to remain in office. I notice that you failed to mention Vitter and Craig who both proudly and hypocrately remain in office talking about morals.

Maybe you also wanted Newt to still be office despite his fighting Clinton for having an affair all while he himself was having one. Newt who also left his first wife while seriously ill. Newt's planned replacement for Speaker, Congressman Livingston also ranted against Clinton, but he too, was having an affair.

Yeah you WANT people who talk about morality in places that are irrelevant to remain in power because that's exactly what they do - and when these morality police break their own sacred codes, you don't care.

Quote:
We eat our own. We allow George Allen to get hammered by the Washington Post for uttering some nebulous esoteric nonsense word, we allow him to be somehow miraculously cast as a racist for that, and we allow him to get beat without having raised a huge uproar.
That's right, you should continue to embrace idiots who throw out slurs like it's nothin'.

Again please do continue with that.

Quote:
It's time to STOP listening to the damn leftwing media and the so-called moderates (who are really liberals) for advice on what we should do.

You can choose to listen to the corporate consersative media or not. Either way, you will continue to embrace extreme views so what does it matter?

Quote:
Be conservative. Shout it from the rooftops. Give people confidence. Do what we KNOW is right, and what has been PROVEN to work. Why on earth have we abandoned the proven formula for success. Bold unapologetic conservatism.
30 years of failed conservative policies. You had your way. You had your dream and we are ALL paying for it.

The country has moved on. Maybe next time, you and your friend will not hate education, reject science and ignore sound policies. Until you change from being both a party of corporate extremists and witch doctors, you won't find a place in mainstream America.

You have more in common with the Taliban than America.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Why? I'm being perfectly serious.

ETA: OK, not all Dems are as hip as I am. The prior sentence still stands.
Most everyone in America finds anything sexual between an adult and a child repugnant.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Most everyone in America finds anything sexual between an adult and a child repugnant.
Only Americans are idiotic enough to consider congressional pages "children"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies