Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 11:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I dont know man.

Sometimes Conservatives cannot see the obvious as shown in this thread many many times.
I see the obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 11:41 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,594,947 times
Quote:
Pretty much.

I guess they just cannot accept that some women do not want or need women. They can either:

a) Be lesbian
b) Be fine on their own

Thanks, lamexican. :-*

I dont hate men. Ask my boyfriend. I am against men dictating women and telling them what to do. Women are human, not objects.
Didn't you mean to say that some women do not want or need men? This may be true of them now, but there was a time in their life when they did need a man, and a woman, for that matter. It takes one of each for every person on this planet to be conceived.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
And as if saying your religious beliefs are more better than mine does not irk me, right? It would be nice if you stopped insulting my beliefs too you know?

My belief being mocked is very irksome too but you dont seem to care. You have no problem saying your faith is far better than mine. You have said it before.
I agree. Atheism gives many the same good feelings of strength and certainty about the world as religion does for others. I think I need to start thinking of atheism as my religion because too often, some religious people demand that atheists have respect for their beliefs while they give atheists no respect for theirs.

Good job.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
Didn't you mean to say that some women do not want or need men? This may be true of them now, but there was a time in their life when they did need a man, and a woman, for that matter. It takes one of each for every person on this planet to be conceived.
Your point?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
They dont believe in giving women rights.
Which rights do you believe women don't have?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
jdavid, I appreciate all of your thoughts. My comments weren't California-specific, however. I was thinking about the many states who have not only outlawed same-sex marriage, but also civil unions. A couple of states (Michigan and Virginia) went as far as to say that same-sex couples may not enter into unions of any kind. So that's what I was referring to.
AUM,
Thanks for pointing that out. I was unaware that this was the case, since I don't have any connections to those states.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:49 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I agree. Atheism gives many the same good feelings of strength and certainty about the world as religion does for others. I think I need to start thinking of atheism as my religion because too often, some religious people demand that atheists have respect for their beliefs while they give atheists no respect for theirs.

Good job.
Thank you AUM.

I think it is odd that msconnie did not come back to answer my questions yet is posting in other threads.

Here is a refresher in case connie decides to answer and prove me wrong:Then dont get upset when I say the same about your religion when I express my beliefs. Seriously. So hypocritical. Why do you think you can do it to me but I cannot do it to you? Please explain.

And for the millionth time (not to you but everyone), I am NOT a Hindu. I love how you capitalize Christian but not Hindu. And no, Hinduism does not claim it is the only way. Neither does Buddism or Sikhism. They're not arrogant religious like some other ones.

Another example of conservatives thinking liberals should be tolerant of their beliefs!

Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
But no one realistically believes that morality should be kept separate from public policies. Some people believe it should be for the most part, but virtually no one thinks it should be kept completely separate.
"Morality" is relative to me. It's a word that has little meaning because it's determined by each individual. The more pluralistic a society becomes, the more difficult it is to impose any single "morality" on the population.

Certainly, we can all agree that violent assault and murder should be illegal (ignoring the abortion debate for a moment), as well as stealing and fraud. Aside from those biggies, everything else is negotiable.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Many years of scientific observation and vast amounts of scientific data support the theory of evolution, but there is no scientific basis for intelligent design. The theory of evolution meets the standard for a scientific theory -- intelligent design does not. Intelligent design is merely a hypothesis -- one which lacks objective evidence necessary to make it a theory. Evolution is a theory in a scientific sense; intelligent design is a theory in a colloquial sense -- which means that one must be uneducated in basic science in order to take intelligent design seriously.
What is your source of these vast amounts of data?
Don't tell me that stuff that points to adaptation lends support to Evolution. A moth that changes color is still a moth. That's adaptation.
A lizard that changes into a moth would be an example of Evolution. Again, what sources of data are you citing as being supportive of Evolution?

As for I.D., all one needs to do is to look at the intricacy of the universe to determine that it didn't happen by accident.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Since the very core of my Christian belief is that it is the only way to eternal life, should I be a hypocrite and say that all religions are equally valid? Does your hindu faith recognize other religions as equally valid? EVERY religion that I'm aware of claims it is the only way. I apologize if you felt insulted by that but I do stand by my convictions.
Well that's proof that Christianity encourages its followers to be intolerant.

Even though I'm a nonbeliever, I still respect those who believe in a higher power. It's too bad the feeling isn't mutual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies