Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 10:30 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Why do conservatives always think liberals should be tolerant of their beliefs but are never tolerant themselves?
You seem to have that bass ackwards. I don't see too many conservatives cancelling, beating, or killing liberals because of their beliefs. I do, on the other hand see the inverse of that. Take for instance last summer when America was in flames. That wasn't conservatives out there with the torches and clubs beating people as they ate in restaurants or killing kids in their newly declared nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 11:03 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,707 times
Quote:
Why do conservatives always think liberals should be tolerant of their beliefs but are never tolerant themselves?

The "not all" defense is appropriate here, twice.

Many liberals like to call themselves the "tolerant" ones even they really aren't, its like a badge of honor thing, i guess, i dunno and don't want to know, whatever floats your boat.

I tolerate all kinds of name calling and attacks from liberals every single day on forums like this even from family members that still live in NJ--I just tell them to stay there, yet they are unable to goad me into any childish name calling no matter how hard they try.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:20 AM

1,438 posts, read 778,967 times
Conservatives cancel stuff all the time. Every heard of the Family Research Council? How conservatives demonized Janet Jaxkaon and Justin Timberlake after the Super Bowl? How conservatives forced Jocelyn Elders out office after she dared suggest masturbation as an alternative to sex?

Old 10-30-2021, 04:20 AM

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Liberals used to preach tolerance and never to discriminate but we quickly found out that they are just a bunch of overly emotional hot heads and can’t handle any dissenting opinion. They lose it rather quickly. The only way to “get along” with a liberal is to just agree with everything they say, then they are happy…for a moment…then go right back to being miserable and depressed. It must be exhausting! “More government in the name of progress is always benevolent. Never question progressive authority” is their proud motto.

Old 10-30-2021, 04:53 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Laughing at the OP post from 2009.

My goodness, how times have changed!!!

Old 10-30-2021, 05:00 AM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
..is this what they call gaslighting

Old 10-30-2021, 05:09 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Since when have they been?
It's been 6 years since that person has posted, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:43 PM

518 posts, read 448,655 times
Quote:
Finally stepping up?

LOL. You crybabies had your 8 years to "step up" and you all RUINED it.

Bullying from the left?

Provide examples please. I am DYING to read this.

Ok, you've got to be trolling at this point...lol Examples? This board doesn't have enough bandwidth to contain all the specific examples but I'll humor you and provide a few general and specific examples though...lol

1) Several instances of liberals and/or leftists that have doxed conservative non-public figures which led to many documented cases of conservatives being harassed, intimidated for saying something or expressing support for something these leftists disagreed with. For example, the media reports and videos of Trump supporters even kids being assaulted or harassed by triggered leftists for the crime of wearing a MAGA hat in public.

2) Several instances of liberals or leftists finding out where a conservative that said or posted something non-controversial that they disagreed with works and in many cases successfully demanding the company that the conservatives worked at fire them.

3) Nick Sandman getting doxxed and sent death threats by liberal celebrities and blasted by left leaning media for standing and smiling in front of a demonstrator banging a drum in his face. His crime? Apparently wearing a MAGA hat and standing there with a smirk on his face

4) Angry leftists trespassing on, vandalizing, shouting, and nearly kicking the front door of Tucker Carlson's private home in one night to the point his terrified wife and children had to call the police.

5) An angry unhinged Bernie supporter so gaslit by fellow Trump haters in the mainstream media and social media trying to assassinate several GOP Senators at a softball practice. Probably the best and imost extreme example of the kind of ACTUAL violence ironically ignored or overlooked by those on the left who constantly decry all the the supposed white nationalist violence that Trump's tweets and statements supposedly are causing.

The examples could go on and on and on. Obviously there are nuts on both extremes of the political sprectrum and the right obviously has its crazies too but it's beyond laughable to suggest that conservatives are the big threat to tolerance, free speech, and free expression in this country. Conservatives admittedly are are critical of liberals and liberal policy and many do have hardcore anti-abortion and also traditional marriage stances. The difference though is that despite strongly disagreeing with liberal policies and stances, conservatives and even classical liberals still believe strongly in free speech and their political opposition's right to freely express their beliefs without being censored. The Left?not so much as even a lot of mainstream liberals don't seem to have any problem with a lot of the aforementioned examples of intolerance towards conservatives and the increasing censorship of conservative viewpoints by big tech for example.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:50 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:

I always see posts on here from conservatives saying: "Oh what a "tolerant" liberal.

I mean, seriously. You all think liberals should shut up and just tolerate your beliefs while you have no respect for our beliefs? Or while you all try to push religion into the government and stop gays and lesbians from marrying who they love?

For one, I know when I say something, people say "Wow. You are not a tolerant liberal."

Never claimed I was. As far as I know liberals here have the right to their beliefs and dont have to bend over backwards in order to please conservatives and be tolerant towards them. This is especially true when conservatives are not very tolerant of our beliefs. You want us to just sit back and tolerate you all when you have no have no intention of tolerating us?

So conservatives, why do you expect liberals to be tolerant when you obviously are not? Where did this whole slogan about "tolerant liberal" even come about?
And visa versa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies