Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:41 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
highdesertnutz, I'm not even a conservative. I was just of the opinion that you were being irrational in a lot of your statements, and I expressed my observations.
I have been trying to find the post where I called you a conservative.
Please don't paraphrase me again, you're taking my words out of context.
I've seen your posts on other threads, and you are highly opinionated, but usually never correct. You apparently assume way too much.

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 05-10-2009 at 10:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
LOL! Did he just call you a conservative? My goodness! The simple act of offering a different point of view to someone who is clearly a liberal partisan gets you branded a conservative. Sheesh!
Huh?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You've actually contradicted yourself w/this post. If liberals couldn't stand up for what they believe in, then why do you see so many posts that annoy you? Has anyone here run away from you? I can say that I for one would never run away from what I believe in. So, bring it on if that's the case.
He always does that, and when backed into the corner, he goes to another thread, we know him well.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:54 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
Quote:
Frankie, your girlfriend is straying already.
It's ok, I trust her .

Old 05-12-2009, 05:08 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
The "dog eat dog" and "every man for himself" world that you envision as ideal is not one in which I would want to live. We really are all connected to each other. We're not islands.
So when do you think a person should take sole responsibility for their actions? Never?

It seem the world you want to to live in is one where no one is ever held responsible for their actions, a world where no matter how screwed up they make their life, they know that everyone else is forced to pay to cover their rear ends. Why bother to get a job, if all you have to do is walk out to the mailbox and say "Hello check," and lay back down on the couch and finish off another a fifth of scotch, and wait for the next check. Why bother to take care of your children, if some welfare case worker will do it for you?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So when do you think a person should take sole responsibility for their actions? Never?

It seem the world you want to to live in is one where no one is ever held responsible for their actions, a world where no matter how screwed up they make their life, they know that everyone else is forced to pay to cover their rear ends. Why bother to get a job, if all you have to do is walk out to the mailbox and say "Hello check," and lay back down on the couch and finish off another a fifth of scotch, and wait for the next check. Why bother to take care of your children, if some welfare case worker will do it for you?
I'm done with your garbage. You see everything in extremes. I never said any of those things. It doesn't matter how much I explain myself to you, you continue to respond with the same stuff. You clearly don't understand that the world isn't black and white.

End.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:17 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

I'm curious, Wapasha. What's your solution - NO more welfare at all?

I believe it should be limited, but your view seems far too extreme.

And one last thing - one of the main points of funding contraceptives is to save money on welfare later on down the road when unintended children would otherwise be more likely to be born.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-12-2009 at 05:42 PM..

Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I'm done with your garbage. You see everything in extremes. I never said any of those things. It doesn't matter how much I explain myself to you, you continue to respond with the same stuff. You clearly don't understand that the world isn't black and white.

End.
I see everything in extremes? You never said "those things"?? You compared my not wanting to pay for a person's condoms or birth control pills, as me wanting to live in a "dog eat dog" world, with "every man for himself". So, I asked you when do you think a person should take responsibility for their actions, because it seemed you were speaking in hyperbole.

Then you end this last post with me some how seeing everything in black and white. Do you want to have a discussion, or do you just want to stand on your soap box?

Last edited by Wapasha; 05-12-2009 at 05:53 PM..

Old 05-12-2009, 05:45 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Wapasha, please respond to my post. I'd like to see what YOUR solution is.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm curious, Wapasha. What's your solution - NO more welfare at all?

I believe it should be limited, but your view seems far too extreme.

And one last thing - one of the main points of funding contraceptives is to save money on welfare later down the road when unintended children would otherwise be more likely to be born.
Of course not, we should take care of people that truly need help, but their has to be a limit to it. People have to live with their decisions at some point.

If someone runs into catastrophic times, and is truly in need, then by all means, take advantage of our social welfare assistance programs, that is what they are there for.

If a person has the money and can pay for their own birth control, or abortion, why should I have to pay into it for them?

These social programs keep expanding, and that does not even count the abuse, and they are costing us an arm and a leg. We used to just have Medicaid for the poor, noble cause, we need to take care of the truly poor. Now we have SCHIP for families making as much as $82,600 per year, when does it end? Why should I have to pay for some family's health care that has a bigger income then I do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies