Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 08:09 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

Basically a hate crime designation is brought when the crimianl is indicted not when arrested.Persoanlly ;I thnik taht if the paeople ahd had a gun and killed them it would have been self defense sounds lie. it could also have turned out worse not being armed as often happens. to each his own on self defense or falling a vistim IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:10 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
You should hear about something that existed in this country for 400 years and shaped the direction of the country. We shouldn't go round and round about the same three separate incidents, two of which included (as you put it) punks acting up. Very different scale.

And you should at least attempt to remember that this "something" ended over 140 years ago and no one alive now participated in it. As an excuse, it is null. Or in your opinion do we have to wait until it has been over for 400 years to have it no longer revelant?

The indentured servants, criminals shipped here and oppressed wage slaves have all moved on.

BTW, this thread is just citing three incidents. Do you truly believe that is all that there are? If so, what fantasy world do you live in?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:10 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
At the very least their medical bills and lost time at work should be paid by the city or state.
I agree with that but you're conservative buddies wont.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And you should at least attempt to remember that this "something" ended over 140 years ago and no one alive now participated in it. As an excuse, it is null. Or in your opinion do we have to wait until it has been over for 400 years to have it no longer revelant?

The indentured servants, criminals shipped here and oppressed wage slaves have all moved on.

BTW, this thread is just citing three incidents. Do you truly believe that is all that there are? If so, what fantasy world do you live in?
Blacks didn't get the right to vote until about 1965 or so in all places across this country. I'm sure there are more incidents but should I shed a tear for the white race and claim that they are oppressed as some on this thread have over a few isolated incidents? I'm not..Sorry if that's harsh. I feel for any individual victim of crime, period.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
At the very least their medical bills and lost time at work should be paid by the city or state.
I think NAACP should foot the bill. Or maybe Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Or better yet, maybe the lowlife parents of these thugs should foot the bill. Very likely they're on welfare...

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Most slaves (sold into slavery by their own 'people') from africa never came to the USA (or the 13 colonies beforehand).

The whole 'Roots' fairy tale....a made up story sold to make people here feel bad about something they could do nothing about.

How the suffering of black people HERE in the USA was somehow worse making it okay to act the way they do now,demanding payments(kind of funny to think getting money will somehow make this terrible travesty all better...) from others who did nothing to them.

The complete blowing out of proportion of the scale of lynchings in the USA and the idea it was a entirely black thing.

Sorry, a group of people can only cry so much about how badly they were treated a hundred plus years ago before those who they are demanding give them money get turned off.
Well there was a big world out there during slavery... I wouldn't expect most of the slaves to come to a small growing settlement/country.

I do think the reparations idea is just silly. I mean I don't even know what it was like back then, I have no concept of black people being oppressed because it just hasn't happened in my life time. Yet these people think they deserve money? or have earned it in some way? don't think so.

But the lynching thing was MOSTLY black. White people had more power and were held in higher regard than non-whites which led to abuse of that power. But it seems politically incorrect to say that not all blacks were innocent...

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
[quote=Tank1906;9676109

Some of the bashing of the President was clearly racist..Bringing an Obama monkey to a rally is in fact racist. Making photos of him as an ape and monkey are clearly racist..Opposing his policies are not and have never been considered racist. Again, Bentlebee is still the only one to inject race into the Palin issue.[/quote]

As usual, you are trying to change the point. Any negative comment on Obamas' personal life has been labeled racist. Any negative comment on Palins' personal life has been celebrated. And this is not prejudice and has a tint of racism? Only seen this way by a racist.

Last edited by Arjay51; 07-09-2009 at 08:26 AM..

Old 07-09-2009, 08:15 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
Quote:
A dumb woman has been bashed over and over..You're the first to inject race into it.

What one person calls another they are aquainted with is there business.

What do black people call white people that's normal?

Racism can't grow anymore..It sucks either way you spin it..Whites are feeling about .000000000000000001% of what blacks have been getting since the slave ships landed...No good in it. It just goes to show how much it sucks.
I prefer whitey, whiteout, blizzard, the unjumpable, dancefail, rice with legs, ect. people have several options.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:15 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
So one thing happens in your neighborhood and the entire organization is bad? It's easy to tell others to be forgiving when you or your ancestors weren't the ones being oppressed, so can that. I personally couldn't care less about a freaking mascot but some see it as a symbol of hate that shouldn't represent a school that's probably attended by kids of many races. I love the Washignton Redskins but some Native Americans see it as offensive mascot and I can clearly understand why and they should be free to voice their opposition.
I have native American blood and Washington Redskins don't offend me at all. Hate is what causes something to offend you. Get rid of the hate and the offense goes away. I also realize how fortunate I am the white people came to America and they are some of my other ancestors. Before the American colonies, the Indians were basically savages with infighting going on as a daily activity.

I have been wanting to ask this and I realize that you are going to attack greatly, so attack away but; are there any black people in America that realize how lucky they are that their ancestors got a free trip over here. I think they worked later and paid for that free trip, but most of my ancestors had to pay and live many hardships too in order to be a citizen of the United States of America.

I don't think how we got here is as important as how we are living our lives now. I don't hate anybody. I am not holding anything in our history against anybody and I am not trying to take advantage of anybody. I would not choose to use taxes to steal money from people who worked hard to make it. I am not jealous of those that have more material possessions than I do. We all make choices everyday that determines how we will live our lives.

This racism talk and hatred is just politics and it will do absolutely no good to those that participate in it. Hatred begats hatred.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:17 AM

[quote=Predos;9676368]
Quote:

As usual, you are trying to change the point. Any negative comment on Obamas' personal life has been labeled racist. Any negative comment on Palins' personal life has been celebrated. And this is not prejudice and has a tint of racism? Only seen this way by a racist.
Change what point? Show me proof of whatever it is you're talking about because I haven't seen it...I have seen Bentlebee inject race into the Palin discussion and can direct you to it. Nobody else has..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies