Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
SLOOOOWW down, that is not what I said.

In the part in bold below who are you referring to? Who is this poster?

Quote:
Awesome point.

When Obama was elected this poster praised people for being so smart, now all of a sudden these same people are against Obama and now they are dumb.

Typical left wing mobster mentality.

The less the government in our lives the better, now that is smart!!!

And the majority want it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
I'll explain it for you. I certainly don't mind providing healthcare coverage to those who TRULY cannot afford it. I am against the government FORCING me to pay for people's health insurance who cannot afford it because they are either lazy or choose to spend their money on other things (beer, cars, TVs, vacations, etc).

I believe that a lot of the 46 million uninsured fall into one of the latter two categories. IT IS MORALLY WRONG to force hard working people to pay for these people.

I really don't understand why so many liberals don't get this very basic point.
Agreed!

Do not expect morals or value to be a part of liberals mindset.

They wont ever get it, they are liberals, they are only looking for a handout, easy way out or a freebie to be paid by other people.

There is not 46 million uninsured. That number is false.
He is counting the illegals in his numbers.

This is why he never says 46 million Americans, he always says there are 46 million people IN AMERICA without health insurance.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I'll explain it for you. I certainly don't mind providing healthcare coverage to those who TRULY cannot afford it. I am against the government FORCING me to pay for people's health insurance who cannot afford it because they are either lazy or choose to spend their money on other things (beer, cars, TVs, vacations, etc).

I believe that a lot of the 46 million uninsured fall into one of the latter two categories. IT IS MORALLY WRONG to force hard working people to pay for these people.

What are you basing that off of?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
In the part in bold below who are you referring to? Who is this poster?

Why do you care who it is?

Go back and read the entire thread, the poster is now calling people dumb because they will not allow this public option ( GOVERNMENT PAID OPTION )
to be passed.

So if they were smart enough to elect Obama then they are smart enough to know this is not a good decision.

The poster called these same people dumb, when in fact they are very smart in forcing this to be killed.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
What are you basing that off of?

Wow, are you full of questions or what?

So are you for the GOVERNMENT PAID OPTION then?

Do you want this government controlling your life and your healthcare?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Why do you care who it is?

Go back and read the entire thread, the poster is now calling people dumb because they will not allow this public option ( GOVERNMENT PAID OPTION )
to be passed.

So if they were smart enough to elect Obama then they are smart enough to know this is not a good decision.

The poster called these same people dumb, when in fact they are very smart in forcing this to be killed.
Ahh ok you were referring to the these people portion, meaning those that voted for Obama are now against him. Which is kind of interesting considering his approval totals basically match the % of the vote he got, and his net approval (approval - disapproval) is higher than his margin of victory.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Wow, are you full of questions or what?

So are you for the GOVERNMENT PAID OPTION then?

Do you want this government controlling your life and your healthcare?
Yes, I am completely in favor of the Public Option. The Public option does NOT put the government in charge of your life and healthcare. The public option is also gasp get this (An option) if you do not have insurance or are unahppy with your current plan you have another option. If you are happy with your private plan then guess what you keep it.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:04 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Amazing how many people don't understand the basic point above about the public OPTION. So much irrational fear. No truth behind the assertions at all.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:13 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:

I'm not just a liberal. Rise above your black-and-white world-view.

God tells us that a highly advanced society would, actually, happily provide basic necessities for even the laziest amongst us, health care included.

It is the fear of not having enough that compels you to somehow see it as moral to advocate a survival of the fittest worldview with peoples' lives. No healthy society advanced beyond oue primitive state would ever see it your way.

Christ then and God today reveal a higher path in which you realize you have nothing to fear - not even the lazy and destructive whom you accuse of stealing from you.

Bless you in your journey to this realization. In it you will find the morality you seek.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:27 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,712 times
Quote:
Yes, I am completely in favor of the Public Option. The Public option does NOT put the government in charge of your life and healthcare. The public option is also gasp get this (An option) if you do not have insurance or are unahppy with your current plan you have another option. If you are happy with your private plan then guess what you keep it.

Then why is it that some of the most vocal proponents in Congress of the public option have said that the public option will ultimately lead to a single payer system?

I have asked this question probably more than ten times on CD to libs and have yet to get a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies