Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 01:31 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm not just a liberal. Rise above your black-and-white world-view.

God tells us that a highly advanced society would, actually, happily provide basic necessities for even the laziest amongst us, health care included.

It is the fear of not having enough that compels you to somehow see it as moral to advocate a survival of the fittest worldview with peoples' lives. No healthy society advanced beyond oue primitive state would ever see it your way.

Christ then and God today reveal a higher path in which you realize you have nothing to fear - not even the lazy and destructive whom you accuse of stealing from you.

Bless you in your journey to this realization. In it you will find the morality you seek.

Bluefly, what you and so many liberals fail to understand is this:

Rewarding people for working hard and spending their money wisely encourages such behavior. Not enabling laziness and poor spending choices discourages such behavior.

When you do the opposite you get the opposite result.

This is BASIC human nature and common sense. It is a mystery to me how you can possibly fail to see this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 01:37 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
I'm creating a new term in honor of Odanny. (for reference please see post #13 in this thread)

lie-by - when a poster posts a blatant lie and then quickly abandons the thread before he or she gets called out.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
You liberals have 60 seats in the senate and 255 seats in the house, THE most liberal U.S. Senator of recent time in the White House and you still can't pass the Public Option.

Which means guess what? IT WILL NEVER happen or at least not anytime in the foreseeable future.

The chance would have been now and it has slipped away. And come 2010, the liberals hold on power will begin slipping as the Republicans start to pick up seats. Mark my words.

Does anyone disagree?
They have the votes to pass it in both houses. What they lack is the guts. I'm against the public option but if it's what they want they should pass it. But maybe they're looking forward to the 2010 midterm elections and their inevitable unemployment should they do so since the American public is decidedly against the public option. So they won't pass it w/o a few token GOPers to provide the illusion of bipartisanship.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:38 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I do not think so, that is why Obama, Reid and Pelosi are trying to ram this through without listening to the majority of the people.
They know it is hard to fix or repeal something like this once it is done.
So, we need to keep the pressure on to stop it now.

Do not fear, the dems are doing plenty of other stupid things to use against them in 2010 and 12. We wont need this as a tool against them, they are creating a mess that no one will forget come election time.

I'm not so sure people will remember. Keep in mind that stimulus bill is still waiting out there in the wings. That is now a capaingn slush fund that, along with contributions from foreign governments (I'm assuming) like Saudi Arabia and China, will dwarf anything we've seen to date in tems of campaign spending. Remember, this is the most sleazy and corrupt government we have ever seen. Even the upcoming media blitz in support of government health care reform will be financed by the very same pharmaseutacal, hospital and insurance industries and their respective front groups that are supposed to be reined in by it. Plus unions like the UAW, AFL-CIO and SIEU will provide boots on the ground along with ACORN. All of these entities stand to gain much as long as they are willing to help this government deceive the American people. The average person won't bother to do the research to find out which groups are actually front groups funded by pharma, NARAL, SEIU, NEA or the like. The Democrats are banking on saturation and I wish I could say I'm sure it won't work. But the problem we still have is young and first-time voters. They get bedazzeled too easy, i.e. "hopey/changey". Conservatives have to make the mounting deficits real to the young people who will end up paying them. Once that is accomplished, they will all be small government conservatives, and, as long as they don't go third party, all should be fine.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
The Public Option is DEAD and DEAD FOR GOOD
I wouldn't put anything past obama and the liberals - they will still try and rahm it through - this is no time to be complacent.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:22 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
Quote:
You liberals have 60 seats in the senate and 255 seats in the house, THE most liberal U.S. Senator of recent time in the White House and you still can't pass the Public Option.

Which means guess what? IT WILL NEVER happen or at least not anytime in the foreseeable future.

The chance would have been now and it has slipped away. And come 2010, the liberals hold on power will begin slipping as the Republicans start to pick up seats. Mark my words.

Does anyone disagree?
You are assuming the president follows laws and the constitution. That is a BIG assumption with this president.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:05 AM

398 posts, read 729,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Wow, are you full of questions or what?

So are you for the GOVERNMENT PAID OPTION then?

Do you want this government controlling your life and your healthcare?
Explain how would they be controlling your life and healthcare

Old 09-09-2009, 07:26 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
People celebrate the alleged demise of the Public Option.

Is there any better indicator of the dumbing down of America?
Heh ! ! ! Yeah, those greeky cheese columns in Denver...

Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:09 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times
Quote:

Does anyone disagree?
I'd recheck your facts.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Bluefly, what you and so many liberals fail to understand is this:

Rewarding people for working hard and spending their money wisely encourages such behavior. Not enabling laziness and poor spending choices discourages such behavior.

When you do the opposite you get the opposite result.

This is BASIC human nature and common sense. It is a mystery to me how you can possibly fail to see this.
I don't disagree with your point. I simply challenge the point at which we engage thid human nature.

Would an advanced society demand everybody compete for survival at the very basic level of necessity - food, shelter, health - or would it happily provide everybody - regardless of lazinesd - a basic quality of life, thus allowing everybody the opportunity to succeed or fail on their own, not from a position that is desperate.

While you might not understand unquestioned empathy, I do not understand how ideological conservatives can't see the extraordinary hurdles others face that most white, middle-class copnservatives couldn't fathom. It's not an issue of laziness, and until all voluntarily provide basic necessities without question there will be a need for a liberalism to force resources out of our hands to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies