Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:57 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I don't believe it would ever end up like that. No matter how much some people in this country hate him, I don't see how any US citizen could think having a former POTUS in prison (for actions while serving as such)benefits this country in any way. I suppose if he gets picked up now or in the future for some crime not related to his former office and winds up in jail or prison, that's another issue.
Yeah it would be horrible if the powerful were actually held accountable in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 12:58 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
As the Kennedy's have a loyal following & history in the northeast, the Bush family has much of the same through out the south. Anyone would have a tough time getting him out of Dallas.

Neither family is pure but did they do what they thought was best at the time ? Yes

Old 09-06-2009, 12:59 PM

674 posts, read 1,620,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
With all the questions and the impending investigations of the Bush Administration as a whole there is now thinking that these investigations could wind up on Bush's doorstep since he was commander in chief.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow.........
Could George W. Bush end up behind bars? - CNN.com

If there truly exist justice that moron should certainly face consequences. First for the false war in iraq and the damage and suffering he has caused there, and all the young soldiers from here who were deceived to fight a false war. Then for completely destroying the economy here. A bigger connman has not been found since Nixon.

He should be hanged in the same dungeon Saddam Hussein was hanged. And his dad, him and all his 'pals' should be forced to pay back all the money to the american people they made during their years in office.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
8 years later bin laden is alive and well. he was not in fact ever in bagdad.
george bush is guilty of 2 evils. he did not arrest and execute the man responsible for 911, he spent 4 trillion dollars and killed 1 million iraqis saying he was doing it. DOD is behind this great evil. DOD is an anaconda wrapped around DC. DOD is the driving force behind all the Mr obama hate posts you are seeing.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:10 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
If there truly exist justice that moron should certainly face consequences. First for the false war in iraq and the damage and suffering he has caused there, and all the young soldiers from here who were deceived to fight a false war. Then for completely destroying the economy here. A bigger connman has not been found since Nixon.
Agreed. I can't believe that Dubya and certain additional members of his administration are getting off scot-free, despite the atrocities they inflicted upon this nation and its people (which we will feel the effects of for years, possibly decades), let alone the disaster they caused in Iraq.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,198,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
despite the atrocities they inflicted upon this nation and its people
Oh please. Use hyperbole much? Do you really believe this crap or do you just say it for effect on forums?

If keeping my family safe for 7 years is an atrocity, then sign me up for more atrocities. As for Iraq, try reading and understanding the history, starting with the Cease Fire after the Gulf War in 1991.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:13 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
"as he hasn't the mental faculties to determine right from wrong."

After readng all these hate filled responses I would say Pres. Bush has much better mental faculties than most haters on this forum.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:14 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I don't believe it would ever end up like that. No matter how much some people in this country hate him, I don't see how any US citizen could think having a former POTUS in prison (for actions while serving as such)benefits this country in any way. I suppose if he gets picked up now or in the future for some crime not related to his former office and winds up in jail or prison, that's another issue.
He will be arresed if he steps one foot inside Vermont.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:16 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Oh please. Use hyperbole much? Do you really believe this crap or do you just say it for effect on forums?

If keeping my family safe for 7 years is an atrocity, then sign me up for more atrocities. As for Iraq, try reading and understanding the history, starting with the Cease Fire after the Gulf War in 1991.
...but he was POTUS for 8 years. Did he get a free pass for the first year?

Old 09-06-2009, 01:18 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
As the Kennedy's have a loyal following & history in the northeast, the Bush family has much of the same through out the south. Anyone would have a tough time getting him out of Dallas.

Neither family is pure but did they do what they thought was best at the time ? Yes
Everyone knows that Bush was incapable of thinking - he could only misunderestimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies