Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:43 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Then you agree the subject operatives of the CIA and FBI were all stupid?

That's your story, and your sticking with it?
No poor and inaccurate intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 06:46 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,687,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
If he ends up there so will the congress and house members. All corrupt...
In some ways so corrupt that the entire Republican party is waging a war of distraction to ensure that Obama never has time to dig into the war crimes of Bush and is cronies.

And all the loonie toons that make up the Republican right wing just follow along never asking why am I doing this and just who am I doing it for?

Every empire falls. Often from within due to corruption and apathy.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No poor and inaccurate intelligence.
Not to the rest of the world.

The French knew.

The BBC knew.

YouTube - BBC reports WTC7 has collapsed.. while it's STILL STANDING!!

Old 09-06-2009, 07:02 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Not to the rest of the world.

The French knew.

The BBC knew.

YouTube - BBC reports WTC7 has collapsed.. while it's STILL STANDING!!
Let's not go into wacky conspiracies about 9/11.
Stay on subject. I am saying that either Bush AND the entire international intelligence community AND the Senate and House intelligence committee "lied" about WMD or none of them did. It can't be both ways.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:04 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,198,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes he most certanly did! He tied Saddam to 9/11 countless times.

Here's three of many that can be found at the link provided...

"The regime has longstanding and continuing ties to terrorist groups, and there are Al Qaida terrorists inside Iraq." - George W. Bush Delivers Weekly Radio Address, White House (9/28/2002) - BushOnIraq.com

"We know that Iraq and al Qaeda have had high-level contacts that go back a decade. Some al Qaeda leaders who fled Afghanistan went to Iraq. These include one very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year, and who has been associated with planning for chemical and biological attacks. We've learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases." - President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat; Remarks by the President on Iraq, White House (10/7/2002) - Whitehouse.gov

"I think they're both equally important, and they're both dangerous. And as I said in my speech in Cincinnati, we will fight if need be the war on terror on two fronts. We've got plenty of capacity to do so. And I also mentioned the fact that there is a connection between al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. The war on terror, Iraq is a part on the war on terror. And he must disarm." - President Condems Attack in Bali, White House (10/14/2002) - Whitehouse.gov
Are you that thick....there is a huge difference between linking Iraq with TERRORISM...which he did...with blaming them for perpetrating 9/11. Can you not see that distinction and difference?

He did NOT tie Saddam to 9/11. He may have tied Iraq to terrorists like Abu Nidal or even to Al Qaeda, but he never blamed them for operationally planning or executing 9/11. You prove my point with your post.

Geez, you are so blinded by your hate for Bush and your ideology that truth and facts are just stumbling blocks in your way. It's really quite amazing.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:41 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
This is nothing but politics. I can't see any U.S. President ever getting thrown in jail, including Bush.....it's just not going to happen (at least not by Americans). There are much more important issues at hand. Obama knows that and that's why he said he wanted to look forward, not back. I can't see any reason he's changed his mind and is ready to do this now, other than to distract from his declining approval lately. A good portion of his support before the election came just by being the alternative to the resentment many had toward the Bush administration. IMO, this is an attempt to renew that resentment once again and recover any lost momentum he's been feeling recently.

I know all the Bush haters (BTW, I'm not a Busf fan but, I'm not a hater either) are going to say it's necessary to restore America's good name and that we need to be transparent to the rest of the world...blah, blah, blah, etc. I'm sorry but, that explanation was only good for winning the election, that's why it changed along with many other things, once in office. Campaigning on what you'll do if elected and then what you actually do once you get elected, are two diffferent things....that's not criticism towards Obama, it's just the way it is.

It's not easy to be completely transparent once you're running things and have been made aware of ALL the details that are classified (for good reason). The rest of the world is going to view America (and whom ever is president at that time) how ever they want to regardless of whether or not he is responsible for any criticism they have towards us. Investigations done on the previous administration aren't going to change that either because, if they're already critical of us any negative outcome will just confirm what they already believe and any positive ones will only get dismissed.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:51 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,366 times
Even if Bush didn't directly link Iraq with 9/11, which I think he did, he certainly used 9/11 in justifying the war. He brought up 9/11 every chance he could praying on our fears about terrorism so the country would back his personal vendetta. Let's face it, he went into Iraq because of what happened with his father in the Gulf War. We were already in Afghanistan, which we should have been, getting rid of the taliban and looking for the mastermind. If we had concentrated our efforts there without pulling out troops for Iraq, we might have found Bin Laden and the taliban would not have regained the power they have. But no, we had to get rid of the WMD, which weren't even there. So why didn't we invade the countless other countries who do have WMD? North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, India and so on. Because dad wasn't embarrassed by them like he was with Iraq.

And because of that, thousands of our troops have died, Afghanistan is a mess again, we will lose more of our troops and Bin Laden is still out there.

I personally don't believe there will ever be a true or lasting peace in Iraq. You have three groups that hate each other and will never live in peace. What will happen is that eventually someone will pull our people out but it will be Viet Nam all over again. A no win situation especially for the people of Iraq.

No soldier who gives his/her service or life for this country does it in vain. They are patriots of the highest order. But it is a sin to lose them for personal reasons. Bush blew it. And I don't give a rat's behind that he is a republican. If it was a democrat, I would feel the same.

And as the eight anniversary of 9/11 is upon us, that murderer Bin Laden is still out there living and breathing. The victims, their families, and the nation deserve justice. Bush gave us instead Sadaam. I'm so impressed. And feel so much safer. Not.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:55 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Even if Bush didn't directly link Iraq with 9/11, which I think he did, he certainly used 9/11 in justifying the war. He brought up 9/11 every chance he could praying on our fears about terrorism so the country would back his personal vendetta. Let's face it, he went into Iraq because of what happened with his father in the Gulf War. We were already in Afghanistan, which we should have been, getting rid of the taliban and looking for the mastermind. If we had concentrated our efforts there without pulling out troops for Iraq, we might have found Bin Laden and the taliban would not have regained the power they have. But no, we had to get rid of the WMD, which weren't even there. So why didn't we invade the countless other countries who do have WMD? North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, India and so on. Because dad wasn't embarrassed by them like he was with Iraq.

And because of that, thousands of our troops have died, Afghanistan is a mess again, we will lose more of our troops and Bin Laden is still out there.

I personally don't believe there will ever be a true or lasting peace in Iraq. You have three groups that hate each other and will never live in peace. What will happen is that eventually someone will pull our people out but it will be Viet Nam all over again. A no win situation especially for the people of Iraq.

No soldier who gives his/her service or life for this country does it in vain. They are patriots of the highest order. But it is a sin to lose them for personal reasons. Bush blew it. And I don't give a rat's behind that he is a republican. If it was a democrat, I would feel the same.

And as the eight anniversary of 9/11 is upon us, that murderer Bin Laden is still out there living and breathing. The victims, their families, and the nation deserve justice. Bush gave us instead Sadaam. I'm so impressed. And feel so much safer. Not.
Yeah, blame Bin Laden.

Where do you get your information?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:00 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,050 times
I hope we never see the likes of Bush and co on this earth ever again, but knowing the human animal, I am sure that many generations in the future will see much worse. Just think : another two legged beastie worse than helmet head Rice, Wolfowitz, Rummy (aka Skeletor) Cheney, Bremer, countless generals, and a cast of other dastardly monsters. Need an enemy ? Create one like the US did with Osama, and Saddam. (the buddy system)

Old 09-06-2009, 08:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Are you that thick....there is a huge difference between linking Iraq with TERRORISM...which he did...with blaming them for perpetrating 9/11. Can you not see that distinction and difference?

He did NOT tie Saddam to 9/11. He may have tied Iraq to terrorists like Abu Nidal or even to Al Qaeda, but he never blamed them for operationally planning or executing 9/11. You prove my point with your post.

Geez, you are so blinded by your hate for Bush and your ideology that truth and facts are just stumbling blocks in your way. It's really quite amazing.
Are you so blinded by your perverse devotion to Bush? I gave you a link with quotes that in black and white show how he went out of his way to link the two.

"The regime has longstanding and continuing ties to terrorist groups, and there are Al Qaida terrorists inside Iraq." - George W. Bush Delivers Weekly Radio Address, White House (9/28/2002) - BushOnIraq.com

"We know that Iraq and al Qaeda have had high-level contacts that go back a decade. Some al Qaeda leaders who fled Afghanistan went to Iraq. These include one very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year, and who has been associated with planning for chemical and biological attacks. We've learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases." - President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat; Remarks by the President on Iraq, White House (10/7/2002) - Whitehouse.gov

Are you so dense that you did not know that Saddam did not tolerate fumamentalists such as al Qaeda ? He did not allow them into his country. Why do you think the Iraqi women were allowed an education and did not have to cover their faces? Saddam was a nut and a dictator, but not a radical Muslim. He was not a religious fanatic. Just before the invasion, Saddam's generals tried to establish links with Al-Qaeda, but he disapproved of it to the last. It's only since the invasion that AQ has become a force in Iraq. Everything coming out of Bush's mouth was bull $hit and yes that is why I and many others hate him! You do not understand that by linking al Qaeda to Saddam he was saying that Saddam was linked to 9/11? Give me a break! Where are the WMD's? Where is bin Laden? I was fooled, we were all duped, only some of us were smart enough to eventually catch on.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-06-2009 at 08:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies