Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 03:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I do agree with many of your points. But first off, before we go putting a former president in jail, I want to see the proof. And oh yeah he lied. We were a country in mourning and we were angry and we went along. Do I agree with the toruture? No. As I said I'm not crying for them. I do cry for the innocents that were put through that simply because they were Muslims or Arabs. I didn't like Gitmo only because that American in me felt that at least they should have been put on trial instead of just sitting there for years.

Nixon lied and committed a crime by illegally wiretapping the opposition. Clinton, not because of the affair, but because he lied. And if it is proven that Bush lied about certain things that went on, then go for it. He deserves no less.

If you want to get down to it Roosevelt and Truman bombed innocent civilians. Kennedy and Johnson were responsible for the deaths of how many in Viet Nam? But that was war. But it was not a blatant extermination of a race of people like what went on in Nazi Germany. And we are at war with the terrorists. Like I said I want to see the proof that laws were broken. Not some guy trying to save his butt by blaming someone else.

Every president and member of Congress should be held accountable for what they do in office. If this isn't a wake up call for us be more vigilant as citizens as to what goes on than nothing will be. And as I think of it, after 9/11, anyone that protested against what was happening or spoke out against it were shouted down and accused of being terrorist sympathizers.

And let's all remember that while we have a president and a congress, a lot goes on with all the agencies that they don't even know. Those movies about those kinds of things are based on some kind of fact. And that is was scares me the most.
What I find very horrendous is the war profiteering that ensued. There were no bid contracts and people made fortunes off of this bogus war, including the VP. If that doesn't stink to the high heavens, what does? I do not here any mention of this and that too is frightening. There were billion of dollars that went missing in Iraq and this is never spoken about. This is not the country that I thoght it was. Boy, was I naive.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-06-2009 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 03:20 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Um...not sure what you smell. You might want to check out the bottoms of your shoes. No fear here, except the fear of what's happening to our country.
You just confirmed what I smelled while simultaneously rewriting your post. You wrote that you are afraid for American security and what could happen. That's different from being afraid of what's happening. Would I be off if I said you are so afraid that you are willing to throw the Geneva Conventions and habeas corpus away just so the CIA and the military can "do their job"? I personally don't think it necessary to throw the baby out with the bath water, but, for some people, forgoing morality and stooping to the level of our "enemies" is acceptable. I am not afraid of outside "enemies". I am concerned about who's already here! We are our own worst enemy and our leaders know every way of using that to their advantage.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:23 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You just confirmed what I smelled while simultaneously rewriting your post. You wrote that you are afraid for American security and what could happen. That's different from being afraid of what's happening. Would I be off if I said you are so afraid that you are willing to throw the Geneva Conventions and habeas corpus away just so the CIA and the military can "do their job"? I personally don't think it necessary to throw the baby out with the bath water, but, for some people, forgoing morality and stooping to the level of our "enemies" is acceptable. I am not afraid of outside "enemies". I am concerned about who's already here! We are our own worst enemy and our leaders know every way of using that to their advantage.
Excellent post!

Old 09-06-2009, 03:26 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
But the intelligence wasn't falsified.
Fox News gets okay to misinform public, court ruling | Media Reform | CeaseSPIN.org

Yeah sure, Colin Powells little cartoon show for the feeble minded

Old 09-06-2009, 03:29 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
With all the questions and the impending investigations of the Bush Administration as a whole there is now thinking that these investigations could wind up on Bush's doorstep since he was commander in chief.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow.........
Could George W. Bush end up behind bars? - CNN.com
Without a doubt Bush deserves to be arrested and prosecuted for his involvement in war crimes, but the political establishment would never allow that to happen

Old 09-06-2009, 03:36 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times
I think they'll go down in this order.

Rumsfeld
Cheney

Bush and Wolfowitz will get off scot free. Wolfowitz was clambering for invading Iraq in the 90's, then becomes sec. of defense and invades Iraq. Coincidence?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:41 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,050 times
Chimpy Mc Flightsuit is probably immune in some way. After all mama Babs, "the quaker Oats man" Bush bellowed "Leave my boy alone." That's enough to keep the conscience police from locking him up.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Of course not;they didn;t arrest any of teh keenedy bunch for vietnam or trying to murder castro. Its normal international politics;look at histroy.Or do you really think Clinotn will be arrested for invasion of Somolia and the marines deaths on his so called human mission?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy anne View Post
chimpy mc flightsuit is probably immune in some way. After all mama babs, "the quaker oats man" bush bellowed "leave my boy alone." that's enough to keep the conscience police from locking him up.
lmao

Old 09-06-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I think they'll go down in this order.

Rumsfeld
Cheney

Bush and Wolfowitz will get off scot free. Wolfowitz was clambering for invading Iraq in the 90's, then becomes sec. of defense and invades Iraq. Coincidence?
Cheney and Rumsfeld have been in kahoots since forever...I think since Nixon's time. They waited for a putz like Bush to move forward with a diabolical plan...the PNAC. Enter Karl Rove and they get Dubya the White House. The rest is history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies