Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
This is a LIE. You have NO evidence that he blatantly lied and I for one an sick and tired of you libs saying this.

I agree.

They lie and believe it.

PROVE IT OR GOOD TO BED!

So Joe Biden and John Kerry both voted to send them to war and both have said they did not read the paperwork. The paperwork was right in front of them but yet voted yea to start a damn war. If they had questions then why the hell did they not say something then?

Those two and the list above are the real criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 11:52 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,841 times
This is a great example of how many liberals often either don't have the ability to comprehend or just are outright dishonest.

Sickofnyc said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Can you believe that a few post back someone actually denied Bush having tied 9/11 to Saddam? It is unbelievable!

Neil0311 DID NOT SAY Bush never TIED Hussein to 9/11.

Quote:
BUSH NEVER BLAMED HUSSEIN FOR 9/11.
Neil0311 said Bush never BLAMED Hussein for 9/11. A HUGE difference. Al Queda was responsible for 9/11. Hussein and Iraq had ties to terroist groups including Al Queda. THESE ARE FACTS whether you liberals like it or not.

This is so typical of how many liberals twist and manipulate the truth in order to make a point.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:14 AM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Neil0311 said Bush never BLAMED Hussein for 9/11. A HUGE difference. Al Queda was responsible for 9/11. Hussein and Iraq had ties to terroist groups including Al Queda. THESE ARE FACTS whether you liberals like it or not.

This is so typical of how many liberals twist and manipulate the truth in order to make a point.
It is amazing how some libs won't admit that Iraq/Saddam had ties to terrorists, including al Qaeda.

Two examples:
Abdul Rahman Yasin, the man who mixed the chemicals for the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was on the payroll of the Iraqi government and was receiving safe haven there until the American invasion. He was living in an apartment paid for by the Iraqi government and was receiving a monthly salary. IIS documents back this up.

Zarqawi was wounded fighting in Afghanistan and was treated in a Baghdad, Iraq hospital. He worked with Ansar Al Islam, which was funded by the Batthists, and he coordinated the assassination of an American diplomat for USAID in 2002 in Jordan.

And let's not forget the terrorist training camp in Iraq, south of Baghdad, known as Salman Pac.

Yep, no ties with terrorists!

Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Once again, for those who won't (or can't) accept facts...

in 2004, the Senate Intelligence Committee unanimously approved a report acknowledging that it "did not find any evidence that administration officials attempted to coerce, influence or pressure analysts to change their judgments."

The following year, the bipartisan Robb-Silberman report similarly found "no indication that the intelligence community distorted the evidence regarding Iraq's WMD."

Facts work every time!
Liberals are often immune from the facts. (or so they think)

Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I hope we never see the likes of Bush and co on this earth ever again, but knowing the human animal, I am sure that many generations in the future will see much worse. Just think : another two legged beastie worse than helmet head Rice, Wolfowitz, Rummy (aka Skeletor) Cheney, Bremer, countless generals, and a cast of other dastardly monsters. Need an enemy ? Create one like the US did with Osama, and Saddam. (the buddy system)

Do you realize how crazy you sound? Osama and Saddam were monsters created by the U.S.? I don't even know what else to say to this. Wow.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:35 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,366 times
Regardless of Iraq's ties to terrorism they were not responsible for 9/11. We should have just stayed in Afghanistan and finished the job. While the Iraqi people may be better off without Sadaam, as long as the three factions cannot live in peace they will never be safe. And the early strides made in Afghanistan have fallen by the wayside. Now so many more lives will be lost.

Bush and the senate, both parties, are responsible for us being in Iraq. Few in the senate had the guts to go against Bush, who played on the fears of all of us, and say no. Yet it was still Bush that decided Iraq was more important than Afghanistan and other Arab countries that harbored the terrorists. And it was Bush that poured the trillions of dollors into Iraq.

To me this isn't a right or left issue. You all can make it that but this is about the wrong war. Our issue was with the taliban in Afghanistan and their major support of Bin Laden and his gang of killers. That's where the majority of the terrorists were hiding or living.

As I said in my first post, unless there is positive proof Bush lied, I say let it go. Or we then should hold every president and member of congress past and present accountable for all their actions. And that will never happen.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Has your Government ever lied to you?

How did that make you feel?
If you have an issue just come out and say it. I don't dance around unless it's with my husband. You are not my shrink and how I feel about something is not your business unless I choose to share with you. And right now I choose not to. Be up front and I might.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:26 AM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Liberals are often immune from the facts. (or so they think)
They also don't seem to live in reality!

Old 09-07-2009, 03:06 AM

674 posts, read 1,620,451 times
If George W Bush had to face a similar court using the principles of international law as established under the Nuremberg trials then he would most likely end up behind bars for 10-20 years but I can't see him being hanged like Saddam Hussein. The American Public wouldn't have the guts or the bravery to do so.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:35 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
If George W Bush had to face a similar court using the principles of international law as established under the Nuremberg trials then he would most likely end up behind bars for 10-20 years but I can't see him being hanged like Saddam Hussein. The American Public wouldn't have the guts or the bravery to do so.
Thanks for that little note from prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies