Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:02 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times

Advertisements

I only opened this thread to find out who the hell this Bill Keller person is. I guess his opinions on political matters are important to some people. Personally, I look to members of the clergy for guidance in very limited areas, and those areas do not include politics.

Beyond that, I know that some people find great comfort in TV religion, but I tend to put it in the same category as door-to-door religion ... it just ain't for me.

That some people still listen to/watch Howard Stern cracks me up.

That some people are still obsessing over President Obama's birth certificate baffles me, and makes me wonder about their overall mental health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
We all know those people were born in the US and there was no reason for them to prove anything. I don't remember anyone calling for Bush's certificate but many have asked for Obama's. Also, all those people you name have living parents to get information from but Oba mao has no parents and he never allowed anyone close to his grandmother who died handily before the election.

There is just too much secrecy involved here. The man showed up too all of a sudden for me and there is just so little history about him. How about him releasing his enrollment papers from Occidental College. That would handle it for me but he doesn't intend to release anything like that. Why?
If you are implying he murdered his grandmother, you have sunk pretty low.

As far as release of college records, I'd really like to see Palin's, not Obama's. I have a hard time believing she got a degree from anywhere.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:12 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,678,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
seriously.

this is the woman who basically raised him. it's incredibly sad that she died just before seeing her grandson elected president of the united states. and roysoldboy has the gall to call her death "handy" to obama. how foul.

in any case, there were plenty birther lawsuits before the election as well. in fact the election and especially obama's swearing in make it pointless for private lawsuits to be filed regarding obama's eligibility. now it's in the hands of congress.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:16 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
of course it woudn't satisify roy. he also wants PRESIDENT Obama's school records.
They were asking to see 0bama's college transcripts because he only had a 5 minute career, in his scant resume to apply for the most important job our country has to offer.

If you ask me, it should be a federal law that any person wanting to be our president MUST present their original birth certificate for all voters to see, or not bother running for the office.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:19 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,678,460 times
right, and the issue just happened to randomly come up for the first time when a light brown colored son of an immigrant named barack hussein obama became president. were you clamoring for the public release of an original birth certificate for any other president in your lifetime, wapasha? when did you form this opinion, exactly?

what obama released for the entire world to see is admissable in court as proof of place of birth, and has been verified by the hawaiian department of health as accurate. a copy of the original birth record would not be any further proof. the information on the certificate he released is taken directly from the birth record and the pertinent part - his place of birth - is there. who the doctor was, what hospital he was born in, and anything else on the original record that is not on the certification of live birth is completely irrelevant to the question of whether he is a natural born citizen.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They were asking to see 0bama's college transcripts because he only had a 5 minute career, in his scant resume to apply for the most important job our country has to offer.

If you ask me, it should be a federal law that any person wanting to be our president MUST present their original birth certificate for all voters to see, or not bother running for the office.
Did you want to see George W. Bush's college transcripts? Of course, GWB already had a record of failure in business BEFORE he became President.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

As far as release of college records, I'd really like to see Palin's, not Obama's. I have a hard time believing she got a degree from anywhere.
This is the first time I've seen roysoldboy imply that Obama had his grandmother killed! Now I've seen it ALL.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:19 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,901,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Did you want to see George W. Bush's college transcripts? Of course, GWB already had a record of failure in business BEFORE he became President.

Now don't talk about the Texas Rangers like that!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I only opened this thread to find out who the hell this Bill Keller person is. I guess his opinions on political matters are important to some people. Personally, I look to members of the clergy for guidance in very limited areas, and those areas do not include politics.

Beyond that, I know that some people find great comfort in TV religion, but I tend to put it in the same category as door-to-door religion ... it just ain't for me.

That some people still listen to/watch Howard Stern cracks me up.

That some people are still obsessing over President Obama's birth certificate baffles me, and makes me wonder about their overall mental health.
So did I. Never heard of Bill Keller before either.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Now don't talk about the Texas Rangers like that!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies