Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:40 PM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You completely missed the point. I cannot make it any easier to understand. Why bother with the hassle when you can produce the birth certificate and be done with it.
Giving in to crazies encourage them. The campaign released an authentic Hawaiian COLB, which carries the same weight in court. That should have settled the matter, but nope - the wingnuts went crazy with forgery theories and wanted another document. The courtesy ends there. Look over this thread - people want college transcripts, passports, grade school paperwork - I'm sure they can think of more.

Quote:
Two people? That's it?
Those are the two people with the ultimate responsibility for Hawaii's vital records. What they say goes - they manage the records that form the authority behind every Hawaiian birth certificate. Feel free to postulate that senior Hawaiian officials are in on it, just don't pretend that you'd drop your skepticism if Obama would "produce the birth certificate and be done with it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 11:15 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,679,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You completely missed the point. I cannot make it any easier to understand. Why bother with the hassle when you can produce the birth certificate and be done with it.

And it's rather silly to group everyone into the category of being either crazy of holds a grudge as the ones who want to see the birth certificate. Gotcha look at the ones wanting it shown instead of the issue. Style over substance.

You know what, I just figured it out. You are involved in a conspiracy to cover up the birth certificate and so is everyone else who doesn't want it shown. lmao

Another thing that bothers me is "Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate."

Two people? That's it?
as i already pointed out, "releasing the birth certificate" (ie somehow obtaining a photocopy of his original birth record) is NOT going to mean he's done with it. in fact the birthers didn't really get into a frenzy until he released his COLB online and they had a document to call a forgery or an illegitimate form of birth certificate. there is absolutely no way these people are going to accept a photocopy as authentic. it is just going to launch a whole new slew of conspiracy theories, and a big hassle for anyone named on the certificate, their surviving families, or people with similar names to them in hawaii.

and he has released his birth certificate. a certification of live birth is a birth certificate, and the only kind of birth certificate hawaii has issued for several years now. it is admissable in court. it proves he was born in honolulu. why should he release anything else? there is absolutely no reason to, and several reasons not to that i have already pointed out. oh and one more reason - it would give the birthers undeserved credibility. and yes, anyone who believes this hogwash, especially after having the facts pointed out to them, is either crazy, has a grudge against obama, or they're stupid. or some combination of the three.

yeah, only two people have viewed and verified his original birth record that i know of. although i think another person in the department of health (janice okubo, who is the main spokesperson regarding this issue) may have attested to viewing it. they just happen to be the two people in charge of such things in hawaii, and two of the only people who have the legal right to examine ANYONE's birth records besides the people who hold the birth records and their immediate families. cause,you know, everyone ever born in hawaii and pretty much everywhere else has had their birth records "sealed" just like obama.

do you think these two people are jeopardizing their careers by lying about what is in hawaii's records?

in any case, the information on the certification of live birth is taken directly from the original birth record. the pertinent information is that he was born in honolulu and that is on the c.o.l.b. so uh, what exactly is the issue? what could be on the original record that would change anything about his eligibility? maybe the doctor who delivered him was SATAN?

Last edited by groar; 10-10-2009 at 11:25 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 10:29 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Giving in to crazies encourage them. The campaign released an authentic Hawaiian COLB, which carries the same weight in court. That should have settled the matter, but nope - the wingnuts went crazy with forgery theories and wanted another document. The courtesy ends there. Look over this thread - people want college transcripts, passports, grade school paperwork - I'm sure they can think of more.

Those are the two people with the ultimate responsibility for Hawaii's vital records. What they say goes - they manage the records that form the authority behind every Hawaiian birth certificate. Feel free to postulate that senior Hawaiian officials are in on it, just don't pretend that you'd drop your skepticism if Obama would "produce the birth certificate and be done with it".
If Jesus, Abraham, Budda and Mohammed ALL came back and held a news conference on Fox vouching for his birth certificate, the wing-nuts would say there all in on the conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies