Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:31 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,901,949 times

Advertisements

Bill Keller (televangelist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 10:36 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
And "really found Christ"after spending three years in prison........hmmmm.

"While at Ohio State however, Keller began a successful computer sales business.[1] After earning millions of dollars, Keller was convicted of insider trading and spent nearly three years in prison.[2][3]"

Old 10-10-2009, 10:45 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They were asking to see 0bama's college transcripts because he only had a 5 minute career, in his scant resume to apply for the most important job our country has to offer.

If you ask me, it should be a federal law that any person wanting to be our president MUST present their original birth certificate for all voters to see, or not bother running for the office.
Don't you think the electoral college looks into this stuff?? Btw he had the same career length has Lincoln had.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:51 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Lou Dobb's called out Obama about his BC...
Why not just show everyone the paper where his was born.
At this point i question now he was born in a different country like Indonesia.
The COLB has been released already... Regardless why should Obama have to make something public that no other President or Presidential candidate has ever had to make public?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:56 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
As far as release of college records, I'd really like to see Palin's, not Obama's. I have a hard time believing she got a degree from anywhere.
[Puts on right-wing hat]

Unlike the usurper-in-chief, whose educational background can, at best, be described as narrow and limited - just that one same law school - Sarah Palin has a broad education, taking classes in no less than five colleges over an entire six years before graduating in the vibrant field of journalism. That's just how dedicated our Sarah is to education!

[Takes off right-wing hat]

OK, that was scary. Don't make me do that again.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:43 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
the people claiming that obama has spent that amount of money on birther lawsuits are just taking the amount of money he's spent on legal fees since his campaign began and claiming that all of that money was spent on those particular lawsuits. how much do you think it actually costs to have a lawyer file a motion to dismiss? that's all that's needed to be done, maybe 50 times or so. and most of the motions were near identical, and granted right away.

this is not like a policeman asking to search your car - this is like a policeman asking you for id, you turning over your driver's license, and some random bystander asking to see your id too. you hand them your license (which you didn't have to do in the first place) and they say "i don't accept that id as proof of your identity, i won't accept that you are who you say you are until you produce a passport". any reasonable person would have accepted your driver's license. should you go home and get your passport just to satisfy this person who is either crazy, doesn't understand what proper id is, or has some kind of grudge against you?

You completely missed the point. I cannot make it any easier to understand. Why bother with the hassle when you can produce the birth certificate and be done with it.

And it's rather silly to group everyone into the category of being either crazy of holds a grudge as the ones who want to see the birth certificate. Gotcha look at the ones wanting it shown instead of the issue. Style over substance.

You know what, I just figured it out. You are involved in a conspiracy to cover up the birth certificate and so is everyone else who doesn't want it shown. lmao

Another thing that bothers me is "Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate."

Two people? That's it?

Old 10-10-2009, 12:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They were asking to see 0bama's college transcripts because he only had a 5 minute career, in his scant resume to apply for the most important job our country has to offer.

If you ask me, it should be a federal law that any person wanting to be our president MUST present their original birth certificate for all voters to see, or not bother running for the office.
5 minute career? He went to law school, did his 'community organizer' thing, worked in some law firm where Michelle was his boss, taught at the University of Chicago (there is a poster on the Pittsburgh forum who had him as a teacher), was an Ill. state senator for what, 8 years (I'm going by memory here), and was a senator from Illinois for two years. I have never understood this charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
[Puts on right-wing hat]

Unlike the usurper-in-chief, whose educational background can, at best, be described as narrow and limited - just that one same law school - Sarah Palin has a broad education, taking classes in no less than five colleges over an entire six years before graduating in the vibrant field of journalism. That's just how dedicated our Sarah is to education!

[Takes off right-wing hat]

OK, that was scary. Don't make me do that again.
LOL! I'd like to see her diploma!

Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,056 times
Default Elementary, My dear Watson !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
(Summary of what was discussed)

BILL KELLER IS A BIRTHER

Howard got televangelist Bill Keller on the line to discuss his "birther" theories and explained to him that President Obama's birth certificate has been proven to be legitimate. Bill claimed there were too few details on Obama's "short form" birth certificate to satisfy him and expressed a desire to see the "long form"/private birth certificate: "It's a document he can get in five minutes if he wants to."
Jason came in to ask why legitimate Republican leaders weren't calling for further proof of Obama's citizenship, so Bill Keller cited a few "pro-family" groups in California who were. Howard laughed: "I hear 'pro-family' and I think kooks. Anybody that's involved with a ‘family values’ organization is a kook." Howard then asked where Bill Keller stood on Israel, and Bill said he was "pro-Israel, like every Christian should be."

HowardStern.com - Official site of The Howard Stern Show

My question is, where are all the Republican leaders and why are they not screaming for an investigation???

Why? they get a lot more mileage out of media. wing-nuts with their base.
Not that they need it , where else would the haters of all stripes go?

Old 10-10-2009, 09:22 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
My question is why would a birther get on the phone with Howard Stern?

Old 10-10-2009, 09:34 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
My question is why would a birther get on the phone with Howard Stern?
Why would anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies