Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 04:37 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,113,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Other than that it turns out there was nothing in the data to prove their point.
Do you have a source for that? The news so far has focused on the emails however there's 1000's of files other than the emails that include among others the soon to be famous HARRY_READ_ME.txt. It's going to take weeks if not months to piece everything together by some qualified people but when you have comments like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
...hopeless state of our databases...
...from a person familiar with the field I can tell you that's not a good sign as in dead end street. "Garbage in = Garbage Out" .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 04:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Do you have a source for that? The news so far has focused on the emails however there's 1000's of files other than the emails that include among others the soon to be famous HARRY_READ_ME.txt. It's going to take weeks if not months to piece everything together by some qualified people but when you have comments like:
Yes, see the link I provied.

And now it is your turn. Please provide some of the proof from the stolen materials, not some fragments of sentences taken out of context. Thanks

Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,965,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Get real. This proves that they are noting but frauds.

And, what does this have to do with Bush/Cheney? Nothing. You might remember that Bush has expressed support of the "theory" of "Global Warming".

Do you have any credible evidence for your claims?
Science is just a shiny word that rolls off their tongue, just like "peer review", they have no clue what it means.

When you see those posts, think of Ed's rant here. It really puts their argument into perspective. They don't have an argument, just anger that you do not submit to their calls of authority.

Ed Begley And Stuart Varney Argue “Climategate” On Fox News | TV | Mediaite

Old 11-25-2009, 04:52 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,170 times
It didn't take long for the left winger minions to come out and try to defend the lying scientist and El Gordo. BUSTED!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:

And now it is your turn. Please provide some of the proof from the stolen materials, not some fragments of sentences taken out of context. Thanks
I read your link and its claims are from those implicated offering nothing more than excuses of out of context.

Climategate: hide the decline – codified « Watts Up With That?

This is the code and comments. The code supports the comments in function. The code specifically does what the comments suggest. This is the very issue here, the very problem people who requested data from CRU were having. The findings made by these people were not adding up in replication, and so inquires were made which the e-mails show to be collusion's to avoid meeting these FOI requests.

Your link does not explain this, it merely waves it of with no proper support and as I said, your position is to place your trust that their explanations are correct without any evidence over that of the actual evidence to which they avoid dealing with.

Can you explain the code? Read through the comments, look through the code if you understand programming languages. I do, if you have any questions I will be happy to explain some to you?

Old 11-25-2009, 04:54 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,315,110 times
So they finally admit it is not science, but rather a "consensus.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:56 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,113,665 times
Quote:

You link is quoting people at center of this, having said it's discussing the emails which by the way reporter has this fact wrong.
Quote:
The scandal began on November 20, when an unknown hacker stole at least 169 megabytes of emails from computers at the prominent Climate Research Unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia and put them online for the world to see.
That's not correct, the emails only make up small fraction of the file. It's the code and other great nuggets like HARRY_READ_ME.txt that will tell the true story. If those emails could be described as smoking gun the rest of it could be described as smoking howitzer.

You can peruse the harry file here:

Quote:

http://www.anenglishmanscastle.com/HARRY_READ_ME.txt

OH **** THIS. It's Sunday evening, I've worked all weekend, and just when I thought it was done I'm
hitting yet another problem that's based on the hopeless state of our databases. There is no uniform
data integrity, it's just a catalogue of issues that continues to grow as they're found.
It's a 2 or 3 year diary of real programmers attempt to fix numerous issues with the underlying code and database.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Can you explain the code? Read through the comments, look through the code if you understand programming languages. I do, if you have any questions I will be happy to explain some to you?
Yes, I have been in the field of computer programming for 20 years. Let's see the code. Are you saying they hard codes something? I doubt it, and by reading the accusations I realized they contradicted themselves when they talked about code when they clearly meant parameters and input data. That's when I realized they were making it up.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It didn't take long for the left winger minions to come out and try to defend the lying scientist and El Gordo. BUSTED!
Problem is, they are looking extremely stupid when they do. They don't have the protection that a news agency has to spin and run to commerical. Here, we will call them on every detail, on every mention.

What is sad is that many attempting to defend this are so ignorant of the issue that they don't realize how silly they look posting a link of the incriminated simply claiming they are right.

All those claims of being so intelligent I think are coming back to bite them as I have yet to see a single intelligent defense on this board concerning this issue. Its all political spin with poor support.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It's a 2 or 3 year diary of real programmers attempt to fix numerous issues with the underlying code and database.
Welcome to the world of software engineering. Yes, programs are not born perfect. They go through a development process, during which problems are found and corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies