Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 05:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times

Advertisements

The wages of sin or saintleness are the same. We all die eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 05:48 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,935,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Teaching that homosexuals will go to hell is hatred.

See I knew this would come up to. People would quote the bible to defend something. Well is there some sort of trump rule in the bible? Which shall we believe an eye for eye or thou shall not kill? It cant work both ways but that seems to be how the bible goes. You can defend any side of any situation with quotes. See this too is in the bible.

You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:38–39, NRSV)

the bible also says:

• DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
    If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.
  • DEUTERONOMY 22:22
    If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.
  • MARK 10:1-12
    Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.
  • LEVITICUS 18:19
    The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.
  • MARK 12:18-27
    If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.
  • DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
    If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.
we can go on and on to find individual pieces that will support abortion, gay marriage, slavery etc.
Nice cherry pick of the scriptures. If you want the whole scripture in context read below. If you just want to twist it the way you like continue on. I love the way Christian haters try to justify their hate.

MARK 12:18-27
If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.

Are you just ignorant of the scriptures or just have that much hate? Remember hate crimes against religous people are up 9%.

18Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 19"Teacher," they said, "Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and have children for his brother. 20Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 21The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 22In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 23At the resurrection[a] whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?"
24Jesus replied, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 26Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the book of Moses, in the account of the bush, how God said to him, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[b]? 27He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!"

Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Default Why do so many "christian" conservatives hate so many people.

Quote:
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??

The current rightwing mouthpieces peddle fear, anger and intolerance to an audience that drinks it up. And they wield Jesus like a revolver.

Nowadays, the pinnacle of far right patriotism is to hate your fellow Americans.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,298,897 times
Quote:
Why do you assume I have no clue?? I was raised in a catholic house and school for 18 years. I know plenty about it. Bring it on.
Well you mentioned illegal immigrants in your op. By this inclusion I can only assume that if someone broke into your home in the middle of the night that you would bake him cookies and declare him a part of the family?

I await, but do not expect, your reply.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:04 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
I understand that some people respond based solely on emotion, but disagreement on an issue does not equal hate for most.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:29 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,768,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wethrowpie View Post
I seem to remember God destroying quite a few people in the bible. It's very christian to disagree with aspects of evil as you see them. Liberals tend to forgive everyone and align themselves with people I would describe as horrible, vile people because they themselves are criminals, liars, and deviants. It's also for this reason they tend to reject religion on principle.

Jesus loved everyone.. Actually people reject religion because they think for themselves and see through the mind control

Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
So you hold them to a higher bar just because they are Christians?

We should ALL be Christlike, Christians or not. It has nothing to do with religion, but being humane.

nothing about religion....christ as a human being was a great person, like Gandhi , the dalai lama, MLK, just good humans regardless of religion.

Jesus did not start a religion.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Probably because of the opposite reasons christian liberals hate so many people.

examples please.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Unfortunately, that is a very common cheap retort on this forum. If you say something negative about anything, it's automatically assumed you are not from that area or are not a part of that church. There is no possible way that you could be a member of a Christian church and criticize conservative Christians just like if someone criticizes the South, there is no conceivable way the person could be from the South. Yes, it's a weak argument

the key being I was a part......I have opened my own eyes now

Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What do you base this on? I've never read anything to that extent on this forum. Could you find an example? The liberals, if anyone, are the ones who aggressively dispute the content of the anti-Black threads on this forum. I've seen conservatives dispute those Black threads as well but I have yet to see a liberal agree with one the stereotypical Black threads.

Thank you......this is another tactic. Just throw things out there and hope someone believes it.....just like conservative talk shows and politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies