Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:29 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
It's really funny to watch these folks on here get into a "food fight".

They get SERIOUS!!!

LOL
I know--it's just bad behavior, and I wish it would stop. I'll admit that once in a while I throw a fit, but not in public or on a message board. It's usually about a frustrating situation in which case I vent to a friend or my boyfriend, or else my boyfriend and I get in some essentially stupid disagreement. We are each responsible for starting it about half the time.

Then we kiss and make up, and everything is fine.

I have profoundly disagreed with people here, and I have imagined their heads exploding on the other side of the internet line when they read what I say to sass them back. Because I am a little evil, that makes me smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 01:34 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post

I have profoundly disagreed with people here, and I have imagined their heads exploding on the other side of the internet line when they read what I say to sass them back. Because I am a little evil, that makes me smile.

Yeah, we can really get these folks going. I see them getting TICKED OFF!

I do what I do because they are such easy simple targets. It's like taking candy from a baby.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, we can really get these folks going. I see them getting TICKED OFF!

I do what I do because they are such easy simple targets. It's like taking candy from a baby.

And the best part is, the nicer and more civil you are, the more pissed they get!

Old 11-28-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
And the best part is, the nicer and more civil you are, the more pissed they get!
Yeah, they don't know what to say when you actually ENCOURAGE their stupidity.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:45 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,865 times
Quote:
Yeah, they don't know what to say when you actually ENCOURAGE their stupidity.
I find that a lot of posters come here to reinforce their beliefs with each other. They just want to make post where everyone will agree with them, no matter how much nonsense they spew. When you present another point of view their faith in what they are saying is shattered.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:48 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,830 times
I think there is far more than one answer as to the gensis of this phenominom. In my short time on this earth, I do believe it starts in the home and in the schools, where the idea that "Everyone is Right" and "Only you matter".

kevcrawford's mini-tantrum was an example of said selfishness (and I'm a conservative, BTW). Rather than take an objective look at the root cuases of government dependance and ways to remove said cancer, it's simply easier and more bite-sized to simply smear people/ideas one doesn't like.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I find that a lot of posters come here to reinforce their beliefs with each other. They just want to make post where everyone will agree with them, no matter how much nonsense they spew. When you present another point of view their faith in what they are saying is shattered.
LOL......pretty much. That's how confident in their beliefs they are.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
LOL......pretty much. That's how confident in their beliefs they are.
To get back on topic, do you all think it's a failure to listen, essentially? There are many times I have felt like posters I am disagreeing with are literally ignoring me. They may be--I don't use that blocking function, but some people do.

I guess ron, shizzles, and I prove that you can disagree without being nasty, because I know ron hasn't done this and I don't think shizzles has either--you all have never insulted me. I think shizzles and I disagree about a fair bit, and I think ron is kinda in the middle in terms of politics. Interesting how some folks can get along . . .

Old 11-28-2009, 01:59 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
OT but THAT is the way to win an argument!! Keep your cool and be civil and logical. Drives people nutz!!

Old 11-28-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
To get back on topic, do you all think it's a failure to listen, essentially? There are many times I have felt like posters I am disagreeing with are literally ignoring me. They may be--I don't use that blocking function, but some people do.

I guess ron, shizzles, and I prove that you can disagree without being nasty, because I know ron hasn't done this and I don't think shizzles has either--you all have never insulted me. I think shizzles and I disagree about a fair bit, and I think ron is kinda in the middle in terms of politics. Interesting how some folks can get along . . .
Funny you mention LISTENING. I am going to the library today to pick up The Zen of Listening..

There is a such thing as having a civil debate. I don't think that thought process registers with some....

I don't think people listen. They are to focused on their own thoughts and opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies