Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 06:41 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bingo!

DAMN, they hate getting caught!
Doesn't matter how many times conspiracy bloggers, hack tabloid press journalists and shock-jocks get caught out lying about scientists or the science does it? They know "The Truth!!!" about those evil librul marxist greedy corrupt scientists falsifying basic physics and data right?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:03 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
No dear. That's pure conspiracy fantasy.

I'm curious though, do you use that as an excuse not to accept the Theory of Evolution?
YOu are the only one that I've heard denying the Theory of Evolution.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:05 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Some people need to delude themselves by telling blatantly obvious lies. I find that level of denial disturbing and weird.
I was responding to a blatant and obvious lie with a blatant and obvious lie. That's the only way to respond to to such childish drivel.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
YOu are the only one that I've heard denying the Theory of Evolution.
Where have I done that?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I was responding to a blatant and obvious lie with a blatant and obvious lie. That's the only way to respond to to such childish drivel.
Facts would be nice. Got any?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:22 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,420 times
I prefer to get my climate adaptation /slash/ global hot spot news from PT Barnum

Old 03-08-2015, 08:22 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
"Deniers" is a politically oriented term that alarmists constantly use in an effort to be manipulative, and to stifle discussion and the expression of dissenting views on this topic.

The term “deniers” is what people who have denied the holocaust are commonly referred to – as in “holocaust deniers”. By using this term, the AGW alarmists are collectively trying to associate people who have doubts and concerns about this alarmist movement with Adolph Hitler and his murderous campaign against the Jews.

So these are the tactics that the left has devolved to here.

Meanwhile, the debate continues....

Old 03-08-2015, 08:58 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,214,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Weekend freeze Loom for Gulf Coast

AccuWeather.com - Weather Blogs - Weather News (Weather News - AccuWeather.com - broken link)

Death toll rises to 22 in UK's biggest freeze for 30 years

Weather-related death toll rises to 22 as Britain braces for coldest night yet - Times Online

Wind chill may drop below zero as coldest weather in 12 years hits North Texas

Bitter Cold Is Just Beginning | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

All-Time record snowfall Burlington, VT

All-time record snowfall in Burlington | NECN

The heaviest snowfall in almost 50 years is hitting parts of Britain as Arctic weather brought nationwide chaos.

Britain braced for heaviest snowfall in 50 years - Telegraph

Pensioners burn books for warmth

Pensioners burn books for warmth | Metro.co.uk

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years - Yahoo! News (Yahoo! - broken link)

Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows, Snow By The Foot

Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows In Negative Double Digits, Snow By The Foot - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/national/midw...2.1405658.html - broken link)

Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal

Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Floridians prepare for record low temps

WSVN-TV - Floridians prepare for record low temps

Chill Map

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

The cold weather packing hospitals

The cold weather packing hospitals | weather, cold, hospitals - Top Story - CBS Channel 12 News
Well the choices are either the earth is cooling or warming. Because the earh is always heating and cooling.

The fly in the ointment is the human caused element which the warmers dropped to buy them more traction and make deniers sound like fools to deny the natural cycle where the earth is constantly warming and cooling.

Science falls away from the warmers' argument when they say the 'science' is settled and deniers are persecuted. their artistic impression of 'science' then becomes propaganda.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:04 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Well the choices are either the earth is cooling or warming. Because the earh is always heating and cooling.

The fly in the ointment is the human caused element which the warmers dropped to buy them more traction and make deniers sound like fools to deny the natural cycle where the earth is constantly warming and cooling.

Science falls away from the warmers' argument when they say the 'science' is settled and deniers are persecuted. their artistic impression of 'science' then becomes propaganda.
Skeptics, you mean.

The Earth's climate has been changing since the Earth was first formed, and will continue to change until it is ultimately destroyed. Also, the Earth has certainly warmed since the peak of the most recent ice age some 15,000 years ago, or even since the mini-ice age, which occurred from about 1350-1850.

The only people who even come close to denying that the Earth's climate is changing or that the Earth has warmed are the AGW alarmists, who appear to believe that a static climate is somehow normal, achievable and sustainable.

It isn’t.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:31 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,525,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
But....but.....but......

.....man made global warming will make the winters colder and more snowier....

I actually heard that the other day.
Global warming changes weather patterns. Some areas will be colder, some snowier, some warmer. What's the mystery here?

I'm in Michigan and we are/were definitely colder this winter but that doesn't mean that the global temperatures were down. It just means weather patterns are changing and OUR temperatures are down.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/servic...ntp/201501.gif

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-08-2015 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: hot-linking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies