U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 PM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,370,101 times
Reputation: 735

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I realize that this site has dubious ties to Stormfront, but at least try to hide the bigotry a little to keep yourself from getting kicked off of here. It's really outrageous what they allow people to say about entire races of people on this site.

Anyway...

1. In all your talk about "Africanization", would you care to explain the white Irish ghetto of South Boston, the ghettos of Eastern Europe, and parallel crime rates to the ones you highlight? What's that? It's the poverty, not the race, that causes such issues?


2. What you "hear" about Prince George's County from your Stormfront cohorts is false. Ask them to experience a place for themselves rather than rattle off empty statistics from behind computer screens next time you encounter their "facts".

Since I've lived in PG County at times, I can tell you there is hardly any crime in a vast majority of it. Where there are poor black people, there is crime. Where there are middle class black people, there are malls and restaurants and movie theatres and everything else without any major problems. Where there are wealthy black people, there are perfectly manicured subdivisions with mansions and expensive cars and ... wait for it ... no crime. There's also a whole lotta white people who live in PG County, just so ya know.
1) Haven't studied those issues yet. My view is based on current statistical data about the current U.S. There's a clear and overwhelming correlation between africanization and problem areas. I never said that other races were guiltless. But, the african population seems to top the charts in terms of negative characteristics.

2) I have no association with Stormfront or any other white power group. For the record I don't subscribe to those either. They are yet another group that would force their agenda on me with force.

For the record my stance is "equal in the eyes of the law". I'm not advocating any race based differences in law. I fully support everyone's right to be equal in the eyes of the law. I may just wish to not associate with some groups.

Interesting how if I was talking about muslims or southern whites, there'd be no static. Interesting how the groups jewish folks are concerned with have become fair game for bashing, but mention jewish business practice or black crime stats and it's immediately "bigoted", never mind the actual evidence, LOL!

As for "hear" nah, actually read that about Prince Georges and Baltimore on some statistics site. Can't recall which one. May have been on Wikipedia or a link from there. After I started citing it in other threads, "magically" the text changed, LOL!

I have had the experience of working in and living near highly africanized areas. My experience has been mostly negative. Something I want to avoid 100% of the time. I want my right of non-association held up. My freedom of choice to choose "not africanized". Or "not anything else" I so choose. Just like the constraint I'm under with at will employment. "For any reason or no reason".

There's no refuting it. All credible statistical data points out that blacks are the biggest problem demographic everwhere in the world.

As a practical matter for peace in my life, I should not be barred from avoiding such.

And, theoretically I guess I'm talking about something that doesn't exist right? "Race doesn't exist" they say, LOL! So I guess technically I really talking about unicorns or something.

Of course those same people will then turn around and site some statistic about how everyone is xx% black, or has yy% native american in them, while saying "race doesn't exist"... after just using a group of races in the same paragraph.

Traits we lump together as "race" do exist. And there are difference in those groups.

Read this article carefully. It points out that the very gene that cause red hair... causes a nervous system difference. There *are* visible markers that belie other traits. It's just a simple fact.

Where and what those traits are may not be completely discovered yet, but there *is* some validity to things that people can see. As this article appears to confirm.

Study: Redheads' extra pain may cause fear of dentists - CNN.com

Here's the key parts:

"
"The persistent rumor in the anesthesia community was that redheads were difficult to anesthetize," Sessler said. "They didn't go under, had a lot of pain, didn't respond well to anesthesia. Urban legends usually don't start studies, but it was such an intriguing observation."


This led to two studies. In 2004, research showed that people withred hair need 20 percent more general anesthesia than blonds and brunettes.
A 2005 study indicated that redheads are more sensitive to thermal pain and are more resistant to the effects of local anesthesia.
Researchers believe variants of the melanocortin-1 receptor gene play a role. This MC1R gene produces melanin, which gives skin, hair and eyes their color.



While blond, brown and black-haired people produce melanin, those with red hair have a mutation of this receptor. It produces a different coloring called pheomelanin, which results in freckles, fair skin and ginger hair. About 5 percent of whites are estimated to have these characteristics.
While the relationship between MC1R and pain sensitivity is not entirely understood, researchers have found MC1R receptors in the brain and some of them are known to influence pain sensitivity."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 PM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,370,101 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, if you are going to defend bigotry as if it is truth, then I will ask you to answer the same questions in my previous post regarding the proliferation of white ghettos in Boston and Eastern Europe, and the fact that crime rates in Prince George's County completely parallel wealth, not race:

Black poor communities = high crime
Black middle class communities = hardly any crime
Black upper class communities = no crime

Please step out of Branson before endorsing false assertions from others.
All statistical data indicates that the percentage of various violent crime types are disproportionately represented by the black community. Not just in the U.S. but world wide.

This is not defending bigotry at truth. It's defending observation as truth. That it confirms bigots' suspicions is not the fault of the bigots. When younger I was into music a bit. As a result much more color blind. I'm much older now and as time has a way of doing, one's idealism and PC is pretty much forced to give way to reality.

I never said blacks were alone in this and completely concur that in *any* demographic poverty leads to more crime. Hungry people will do what it takes to survive. However, it is also possible to just be poor and not be slinging lead around the 'hood. I know for a fact that if I got hungry enough I'd do what it takes to survive. I'm not contesting the correlation between poverty and crime counts in the least. (Though current stats in LA are seemingly showing an unprecedented decline in crime despite a recession. That should be an interesting research project.)

However, that being said, the biggest problem going is the black population and the correlation is clear as these stats show. The 25 most dangerous cities are majority black or nearly so. Minneapolis just cracked the top 25 as it goes africanized, thanks to the Federal Somali resettelment going on there.

If you don't like this fact. Talk to the black community. When people can say, "Oh yeah let's move over by Compton because those black folks are so peaceful and fun to live near"... then maybe we'll have something to talk about.

Furthermore, if you go do the research on the safest place, you'll see the opposite. Black percentages in the sub 2% level.

The stats are *in* africanization preceeds decline and decay.

Rankings by Population Group

Most Dangerous 25:.......%AA Largest Segment?
1...Detroit, Mich.............81.6............Y
2...Atlanta, Ga...............61.4............Y
3...St. Louis, Mo.............51.2............Y
4...Flint, Mich.................53.3............Y
5...Camden, N.J..............53.3............Y
6...Gary, Ind..................84.0............Y
7...West Palm Beach, FL..36.2............N
8...Compton, Calif...........40.3............N
9...Tampa, FL................26.1.............N
10..Washington, D.C.......55.6.............Y
11..Jackson, Miss...........70.6.............Y
12..Newark, N.J.............53.5.............Y
13..Kansas City, MO.......31.2.............Y
14..Miami-Dade, FL........17.5..............N
15..New Orleans, La.......67.3..............Y
16..Memphis, Tenn.........61.4.............Y
17..Orlando, Fla.............26.9.............N
18..Dayton, OH..............43.1............N
19..Richmond, VA...........52.3............Y
20..Dallas, TX................23.2............N
21..Philadelphia, Pa.........43.2............Y
22..Youngstown, Ohio......43.8...........N
23..Cleveland, OH...........54.2............Y
24..Oakland, Calif...........35.7.............Y
25..Minneapolis, MN........18.0.............N
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 PM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,370,101 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Welcome to the new America, James!
Yeah, should be interesting to see what the future brings. Sadly it may be decline and fall.

I suspect that racially homogenous China may become the next world leader.

In all reality, but for their culture, they were ready for the industrial revolution some 400 years ahead of everyone else, but chose not to do it.

Now they are doing it.

I have a feeling they might win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2010, 11:46 PM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,370,101 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Also check out Lawnside, NJ. It's 90%+ black and its crime rate is lower than bordering Cherry Hill, a traditionally rich, white suburb of Philly. Also, I'd be willing to bet white slums like Kensington, Frankford, Pt. Richmond (Philadelphia) have crime rates similar to Detroit.
Last I checked I think Philly was majority black.

Of course the crimes are higher in the rich area borded by the hood. That's where they go to commit the crimes, LOL!

Anyway, my experience with crime (5+ home breakins, several vehicles broken into or stolen) all occurred in places with large black populations nearby except for 1 case. Didn't happen to me personally, but 2 murders among friends' families as well. At least one of which made the national news. (Google Nathaniel Brazil and Barry Grunow.)

For me the issue is closed. My experience and stats back it up.

The real question is, "What's the solution?"

At present the only real answer is, "make a living in way that allows you to live as far away from those areas as possible".

White flight is the only allowable response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2010, 11:48 PM
 
11,125 posts, read 11,195,601 times
Reputation: 3418
Quote:
nteresting how if I was talking about muslims or southern whites, there'd be no static. Interesting how the groups jewish folks are concerned with have become fair game for bashing, but mention jewish business practice or black crime stats and it's immediately "bigoted", never mind the actual evidence, LOL!
Truth is ALWAYS sacrificed on the altar of Political Correctness when it comes to black/white comparisons and resulting statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM
 
Location: Chicago
721 posts, read 1,569,124 times
Reputation: 449
I found that video interesting until he started talking about extreme leftist views. It is things like this that make me despise a lot of Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2010, 12:51 AM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,370,101 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
I found that video interesting until he started talking about extreme leftist views. It is things like this that make me despise a lot of Republicans.
Isn't it really politicians in general. Granted the job demands it.

Seems the Repubs want us to be slaves to thier corps. The Dems want us to be slaves to the gov't.

Where's the party that wants to insure I get to high quality life a soon as possible? Isn't that what the majority *really* want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 AM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,370,101 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This makes it a socio/economic problem masked as a race problem. It's an immutable fact that minorities will always occupy the lowest rungs of the ladder and, sadly, the darker the skin color the lower the rungs will be. I wish it weren't true; I wish everyone regardless of their race and ethnicity had an equal shot at the American Dream but in this country they don't and they never will, if the Powers-that-be have anything to say about it. The whites will always have the means to flee an undesirable neighborhood and the AA's and the Latinos will always be the ones left behind and that why the poorer the city, the larger percentage black population they will have. The chart on this thread says it all.

I would tend to agree, except for one thing. Black Populaces everywhere in the entire world, even where they have always run things, are problem areas.

And, if everyone always allows the presence of blacks to run them off (rather much like the way Africanized Bees take over an area) eventually the whole world will be as messed up as Africa.

The powers that be are trying to inject africanization into everything. From culture via Hollywood, to the workplace via Affirmative Action, to communities by things like Somali Resettlement in Minneapolis (rather than I dunno say Atlanta???).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2010, 03:59 AM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,370,101 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
As strong a connection as there is between black communities and poverty, it's very incendiary and actually incorrect to say certain areas deteriorate "because of africanization". It may sound correct on the surface, but not when you stop and dig deeper. The blame is being placed on the wrong criteria. These places turn poor because of a plethora of social, economic, political, cultural and psychological factors, not because most everyone involved is black; the fact that everyone involved just so happens to be black is simply an easily noticeable indication, but not the root cause.

This is kind of like saying blue cars break down more than other cars. You may notice alot of blue cars breaking down, but do they break down because they're blue, or is there some other underlying cause? When making an observation it's too easy to choose the most outwardly visible criteria and then assign that criteria as the root of the problem, all the while missing what's happening below the surface.

I'm not sure if I'm being totally clear on this. These kind of things are kind of tricky as far as word choices!
What you are saying, in short is, "Correlation is not Causation".

A valid principle to explore.

However, it is a good way to bet. To borrow another phrase, "The race doesn't always go to the surefooted and fastest, but it's a good way to bet."

However, especially in the case of Detroit I have lean against your hypothesis. Detroit conciously decided to attract southern blacks to the Big 3 for labor. The unions then made sure they were paid better than almost anywhere else. And yet, even back in the good days, Detroit was still basically a crap pit once it became africanized.

I also lean against you hypothesis because black area *worldwide* are problem areas, even where blacks have been the politically ruling group all along.

Yes, I suppose now I'll hear about colonization, etc. But fact seems to be, African Americans are not lining up to go to *blacker* places in the world. Perhaps it's easier to try to use white guilt and stay here than actually go where their own people are even worse?

Haiti was the first new world colony run by blacks, going all the way back to the "400 years o' slavery" period. And it's been a crap pit all along.

Interestingly it's majority white USA that's now going in there to help with the earthquake this week. Don't think I've heard of one African Nation moving in to help.

Bottom line seems to be, Africanization preceeds decline and decay. Until that correlation is broken, seems that it's reasonable to use africanization levels as an indicator of places to avoid.

The possiblity that *Africanization IS the root cause* also needs to be explored.

Consider... ever heard anyone say, "Gee maybe we should move over there by Compton (or Harlem) because those black folks over there are so peaceful"???

Didn't think so.

Consider that one thing often pointed to is that blacks often come from broken homes. Well who's fault is that. Would seem to be the black males, right?

Ever heard of the game "Jewels in Da Crown"?

That's where black men compete to see who can have the most illegitimate children. The kids being "Da Jewels in Da Crown".

I read back in '99 that blacks had an 800% higher AIDs rate, 300% higher violent crime rate, and 250% higher out of wedlock childbirth rate than average, in USA Today. That looks to me like a sketch of a violent and sexually indiscriminate culture, no?

And, since culture is, by some accounts, "held on a leash by genetics", Africanization may, in fact, really be the root cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2010, 08:41 AM
 
Location: NoVA
1,383 posts, read 2,265,287 times
Reputation: 1930
While I respect your line of reasoning, I stand by mine in that Africanization does not directly lead to poverty and crime. And you don't have to convince me about the parallels between Detroit and African nations as I mentioned that in an earlier post in this thread. But as soon as scientists discover a "socioeconomic decay" gene in the black human's genetic code, I will gladly concede to your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top