Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:41 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Weare talking about Detroit here or did you not notice what thread you were in. Democrats have been in charge of Detroit for years and years. Liberalism and Democrats are decay of the mind, self respect, morality and the communities.

I know every liberal hides behind a Bush but I never voted for Bush so you will have to scramble for something else.
You never speak the truth. It is apparent to any one that reads any post you ever make what you truely feel. If your going to be a right wing saw blade then be one stop with this independent I didnt vote for bush bull%^^$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
'da troof hurts! LOL

20yrsinBranson
How long is this guy going to be allowed to this!!!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
This thread should be deleted as it's a duplicate.

If not, I look forward to someone posting a video of the small conservative towns riddled by poverty, failed economies, domestic violence, and drug abuse, alongside the wealthy liberal cities, such as Seattle, San Francisco, Ann Arbor, etc.. that are generally thriving.

It's only fair if people are going to use Detroit as some model of "liberalism", which it isn't.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:52 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Bush created the Dept of Homeland Insecurity, one of the biggest bureaucracies in history. B-b-b-b-b-ut they employ so many people.

ObamaBush isn't the only leftist. I can also guarantee the Republican choice in 2012 will also embrace more bureaucracies, tailored to keep us "safe".

Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwobaldguy View Post
If you want to know what's wrong with the place, just look up the demographics.
Oh, you mean poor people?

The demographics are the result, not the cause.

I would imagine that any major city that lost over fifty percent of its population and major industries would have similar problems. The middle and upper class have the ability to move and those that can't just keep sinking.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You again! Explain how we got here. Dems were out of power. You had your GOD bush in the WH and here we are. Explain that. I guess to you President Obama is to blame for everything
I dunno, as I look back over my life, the decades where I was was most solidly employed and actually saving money, rather than burning savings to live, were all Republican eras.

For me that would've been Reagan and Bush 1, saw a lot of unemployment during Clinton, got back to serious work during Bush 2. Now losing savings under Obama, though honestly, that began under Bush 2.

But then I've always been mostly employed by Fort. 500's, so there may be some clear connection there. I guess if I'd been mostly a gov't employee, perhaps this pattern would be reversed.

Don't get me wrong, I think unchecked corp. power would lead to a two class society very quickly. Just seems big business, and hence my better jobs were all on the upswing during Rep. eras.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Ive worked with plenty of lazy white people and it seems to me that supervisors are to blame if some one continually does not produce.Your argument that blacks are to blame does not hold up. Anyway do you think that not hiring blacks because you think all blacks are lazy has not been tried. Leave a whole population out of the American dream and see how quickly whites like you regret it. You are obviosly weak and need to put these problems on a race. So how long before your white brethen see how weak you are and then you have no blacks to turn thier attention too.
My point is Detroit decayed because it became black. Not that blacks are lazy. However, their general cultural desire to "not bees workin' for da man" does lead to behavior that would appear lazy. It's not lassitude. it's a form of passive-aggressive retaliation for slavery, if I had to guess.

As an aside, if someone does not produce, that's their own fault, not managements'. My experience, having worked in some plants that were upward of 70%+ black is that particularly the post civil rights generations of blacks are the screw offs. The older blacks that actually had to fight for their civil rights handled their newly obtained rights much more responsibly. The older blacks at those plants were significantly more responsible that the post rap generation.

In any event blacks have an ongoing resentment of white culture and an ongoing history of high crime rates wherever they gain population percentage. Which of course, fuels "white flight", which is actually "non-black flight". Non-black flight occurs because when blacks move in, things go downhill. Simple as that. No complex explanation needed.

Whatever the reasons, the practical correlation is solidly shown in the stats.

For that matter it's the same worldwide. Africa and the Mid-East are the source of the majority of the problem populaces of the world. Black, Arabs and Israelites are what the the 3rd world war is likely to be caused by.

I believe that if Asia, Australia, Europe and the Americas got together and simply got out of africa and the mid-east, left africa and the mid-east to it's own devices, we'd all be better off.

Sending the whole african population back to africa would probably *improve* the American Dream. At the very least the employee pool would drop by 12% and tighten up the labor market, thus by supply and demand, have a positive effect on salaries, LOL!

At the very least, if Lincoln had done what he should have... sent the africans back and made reparations at that time, instead of making it a choice, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Like it or not the facts seem clear, where africans and to some extent mid-easterners (primarily muslims) resettle, the areas become problem zones, worldwide, not just in the U.S.

So simple solution is to simply get out of dodge. Leave Africa and the Mid-East to it's own devices.

Basically get off oil and other resources from those regions and be done with it. But, keep a very close eye on them. After all, if those regions ever really get it together, essentially the biggest "hood" in the world will have been created and they'll likely be looking to do what happens in every 'hood...

They bees wantin' to buss a cap in yo head.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
This thread should be deleted as it's a duplicate.

If not, I look forward to someone posting a video of the small conservative towns riddled by poverty, failed economies, domestic violence, and drug abuse, alongside the wealthy liberal cities, such as Seattle, San Francisco, Ann Arbor, etc.. that are generally thriving.

It's only fair if people are going to use Detroit as some model of "liberalism", which it isn't.
True. It's a model of africanization.

In reality liberals or conservative doesn't matter near as much as getting an inflow of cash. As you point out, rich liberal areas are doing OK as poor conservative areas are not.

As long as everyone has money, and agrees on how to run a place, it'll do OK. Consensus is important, no doubt.

However, I'd be willing to be that the africanized poor places are significantly more violent than non-africanized poor places. But... both are likely to be more violent than well off areas of either description.

Crime rates in Prince George's over in Maryland (richest black county in U.S.) are said to be similar to Baltimore. So for whatever reason, africanized areas are more crime ridden even with the presence of wealth.

Your guess is as good as mine as to *why* that is. But the numbers seem to bear it out.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
True. It's a model of africanization.

In reality liberals or conservative doesn't matter near as much as getting an inflow of cash. As you point out, rich liberal areas are doing OK as poor conservative areas are not.

As long as everyone has money, and agrees on how to run a place, it'll do OK. Consensus is important, no doubt.

However, I'd be willing to be that the africanized poor places are significantly more violent than non-africanized poor places. But... both are likely to be more violent than well off areas of either description.

Crime rates in Prince George's over in Maryland (richest black county in U.S.) are said to be similar to Baltimore. So for whatever reason, africanized areas are more crime ridden even with the presence of wealth.

Your guess is as good as mine as to *why* that is. But the numbers seem to bear it out.
I realize that this site has dubious ties to Stormfront, but at least try to hide the bigotry a little to keep yourself from getting kicked off of here. It's really outrageous what they allow people to say about entire races of people on this site.

Anyway...

1. In all your talk about "Africanization", would you care to explain the white Irish ghetto of South Boston, the ghettos of Eastern Europe, and parallel crime rates to the ones you highlight? What's that? It's the poverty, not the race, that causes such issues?

2. What you "hear" about Prince George's County from your Stormfront cohorts is false. Ask them to experience a place for themselves rather than rattle off empty statistics from behind computer screens next time you encounter their "facts".

Since I've lived in PG County at times, I can tell you there is hardly any crime in a vast majority of it. Where there are poor black people, there is crime. Where there are middle class black people, there are malls and restaurants and movie theatres and everything else without any major problems. Where there are wealthy black people, there are perfectly manicured subdivisions with mansions and expensive cars and ... wait for it ... no crime. There's also a whole lotta white people who live in PG County, just so ya know.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Bascailly it the same reason that new governamnt housing become getto in no time. Its alos the reason those that can fleee the welfas5r4e highly taxed areas that many depemd on the few. its isn't just white filght from these sorts of areas;its anyone who can and will be taxed for thier effort. reward the non-productive and pounish anyone who is . its easy to just sit and let other work. Do any of those UAW members really live in the city getto areas or did they fleee to the subburbs? They basically milked the cow to death unitl the cow is dry because you have to cut somewhere as expenses go up.Besides as the GM shows have shown UAW members and even management say they sold americans vehicles they knew were defective and sent them out to let dealer deal with that.What goes around has come around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies