Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 03:30 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times

Advertisements

She was a freak who at age 18 shot & killed her brother...
Authorities ruled it an "accident "..
She is a classic "psycho" killer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 03:47 PM

135 posts, read 139,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Professor allegedly kills 3 at meeting - UPI.com
The hell is wrong with people?

*Waits for somebody to say something ridiculous about "rejection of traditional values" or "secularism".*
This is the second shooting this week by the hand of a faculty member (only the other was at an elementary school) because of frustration with the "powers that be". This is ridiculous. I know that there are cases where people snap (definitely no excuse), but I also wonder if it'd be a good idea to have some sort of psychiatric evaluation (annually) in place for people who are working with youth. I am not talking about an indepth evaluation, but there have got to be non-invasive tests that could be incorporated with annual reviews or mid-term reviews to ensure that the employee is mentally ok to be around and work with kids (regardless of the age group). I would definitely not mind seeing my tax dollars support some kind of testing of the sort.
By no means am I claiming to have any answer to this tragedy and those that happen every school year, but somebody must have some kind of idea that could cut down on these horrific occurances.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,390 times
She shot her brother dead in '86.

Police: Ala. Prof Shot Brother Dead in '86 - CBS News

Braintree chief: Slay probe into Ala. shooter aborted in ‘86

Quote:
The Braintree police chief said today the woman accused of gunning down three in an Alabama shooting rampage shot and killed her brother during an argument in 1986 - but no police report exists and she was never charged.

Chief Paul Frazier said Amy Bishop shot her brother in the chest, fled the house, pointed the shotgun at another car, then fled into woods.

Police found her and arrested her, but during the booking process the former police chief called and interceded, Frazier said. No investigation took place after that and the incident report was lost or discarded.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:09 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,007 times
Wow is all I can say.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:11 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times

Rich people - they can do anything they want.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:37 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times
It had nothing to do with money,her mother gave her an alibi,stating it was accidental discharge...

Old 02-13-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
It had nothing to do with money,her mother gave her an alibi,stating it was accidental discharge...
You're probably right. It would be pretty difficult to forensic past that.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:46 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You're probably right. It would be pretty difficult to forensic past that.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the firearm that was used I think. I saw a case on TV before where a woman claimed she shot her husband on accident, but they concluded that it was murder because the trigger on this model was so hard to pull, that it's highly unlikely somebody could fire it unintentionally.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the firearm that was used I think. I saw a case on TV before where a woman claimed she shot her husband on accident, but they concluded that it was murder because the trigger on this model was so hard to pull, that it's highly unlikely somebody could fire it unintentionally.
Yeah, it does seem like the police backed away from investigating.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:43 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn
People who go on shooting sprees tend to be somewhat nuts to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Um no. That isn't true.
Lawl. I don't know any normal, stable people who go on shooting rampages. It's been reported that this woman "accidentally" killed her own brother 20 years ago. Her police file has suddenly gone missing.

Anyway, I'll bet the liberals were relieved to see it was a white person involved in this tragedy and not another peaceful muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies