Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well go one step further. Why didn't Obama just apologize instead ?
No apology..an invite to the WH instead ?

Obama is the one in the wrong here..President or not. He's trashed Las Vegas more than a few times publically.
But now he is in Nevada campaigning for one of his main men, Dirty Harry Reid, and I wonder if the people of Las Vegas are going to be proud of him. I would think that Reid would have begged him to stay in DC since him being out there may cost Reid votes next fall and he can't afford to lose any of them.

He is really slow learner about some things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Moving along, the POTUS went out of his way to do more damage to an already devastated tourist destination. I am sure many of those people who are now without homes voted him into office believing in his hope and change. Didn't work out so well for them. Maybe we should blame Bush for making Obama say stupid things.
I am pretty sure that Joe "Mouth" Biden will get around to blaming Bush for that one.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,049,604 times
Default No. It's not a police state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I think you must be very tired because what you reference is a police state.
and, ... without government protecting us from ourselves we would have no speed limits...
we could all drive as fast as we wanted and under the influence of whatever intoxicants that we might choose without fear of penalty...

No. It's not a police state. Laws and rules are necessary to protect us from ourselves.

1984 was just a book. President Obama is not the boogeyman.

Our government is not planning to take over your life... and, it's not trying to kill us all with herpes, either... (as another poster believes)

and, finally,... getting back to the topic of this thread....

IMHO, President Obama owe's NO ONE an apology for his statements about gambling.
It wasn't an executive order. It was a comment.

good night

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-19-2010 at 08:28 PM..

Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Obama stumping for Reid is a good thing. Good old Barry seems to be the kiss of death for Democrats.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
The Mayor of a city known for gambling, prostitution and organized crime doesn't choose to welcome the POTUS to his city because the President has told Americans not to gamble away their kids college funds... and that makes the President a bad leader.

I can't even believe some of the comments that I read in this thread.
Did you know that Obama tried that tack once and the mayor called him on it and the other day he did it again. The mayor owes that man nothing, especially his company.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
and, ... without government protecting us from ourselves we would have no speed limits... we could all drive as fast as we wanted and under the influence of whatever intoxicants that we might choose without fear of penalty...

No. It's not a police state.

Laws and rules are necessary to protect us from ourselves.

1984 was just a book. President Obama is not the boogeyman. The government is not going to take over your life... and, it's not trying to kill us all with herpes, either... (as another poster believes)

and, finally,... getting back to the topic of this thread....

IMHO, President Obama owe's NO ONE an apology for his statements about gambling.

good night
Obama owes the people of Las Vegas an apology. If he was targeting gambling specifically he would have told people to stay away from all locations that offer gambling. He seems to have a bug up his behind about Las Vegas.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you know that Obama tried that tack once and the mayor called him on it and the other day he did it again. The mayor owes that man nothing, especially his company.
If I were President Obama, I would not lose sleep over it.

Who cares?

Old 02-19-2010, 08:03 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,304,236 times
I would say he doesn't give a rat's ass what some whack jobs on a message board say, but after that IRS thing that happened earlier, I'd say arrest 'em all.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
If I were President Obama, I would not lose sleep over it.

Who cares?
The formerly employed people of Las Vegas care. Many of them have lost their homes. I would not expect someone of such low character as Barry Obama to lose sleep over the misery he has created for so many who voted him into the Presidency.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:23 PM

Default Facts aren't the issue here... so why do I bother?

The housing bubble burst in 2007.

The Las Vegas housing market has been in serious economic trouble since 2008.

And, the President was sworn in January 2009.

Las Vegas economy looks like busted flush - Times Online

People everywhere are hurting financially and apparently you think he should encourage people to run to Las Vegas and gamble with whatever money they still have?

yeah, right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies