Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Associated Press: Idaho first to sign law against health care reform

Idaho first to sign law against health care reform

Virginia Politics Blog - Cuccinelli's office confirms Virginia will sue over health care

This should be fun it obamacare passes - hopefully there will be an injunction on the legislation and tied up in the courts for a while.

I don't think I've ever witnessed the public and individual states so opposed to legislation proposed by the WH and Congress. This is truly unprecedented.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/62939 (broken link)

I think it would be just grand if the states and individuals said "up yours" to the federal government and refused to comply with their unconstitutional laws.
Grandstanding for the sheep. No one will be forced to buy insurance. Fun fantasy but not true.

And I guess you all dont mind your precious tax dollars going to enrich these lawyers, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 05:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
I think it would be just grand if the states and individuals said "up yours" to the federal government and refused to comply with their unconstitutional laws.
I think Democrats are counting on this very thing happening. Tie it up in courts for years, meanwhile the federal government collect hundreds of billions in taxes with no expenses..

Old 03-19-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I'm all for it. The more messed up we can get the federal conglomerate the less work it can get done. I'd be satisfied to shut it down for a few months.
We're talking YEARS... On top of the fact that a successful fight of this will lead to such a presidence that it will fundamentally change Washington as we know it..

This might be the beginning to the end of Washington power over the states...

Old 03-19-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No one will be forced to buy insurance. Fun fantasy but not true.
LIE... You dont even seem to know whats in the bill you support...
Quote:
And I guess you all dont mind your precious tax dollars going to enrich these lawyers, do you?
It wont be just states filing lawsuits, but I have absolutely no problem paying lawyers to fight the government while you now whine that it might take place..

Old 03-19-2010, 05:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
No one will be forced to buy insurance.
What?

Maybe you should actually read the bill where it talks about mandates for individuals/employers and the fines they will be assessed if they don't comply.

Where you been for the last year as obama and his minions have tried to defend this mandate?

Old 03-19-2010, 10:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
What?

Maybe you should actually read the bill where it talks about mandates for individuals/employers and the fines they will be assessed if they don't comply.

Where you been for the last year as obama and his minions have tried to defend this mandate?
Ah -- "the fines they will be assessed if they don't comply" = you're not forced to buy it, all you silly drama queens.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Ah -- "the fines they will be assessed if they don't comply" = you're not forced to buy it, all you silly drama queens.
Nice spin. If you don't buy it, you'll be fined.

Is there no lengths you will go to in spinning what is in this legislation?

Old 03-19-2010, 12:38 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
The Attorneys will sure love you. But, Conservatives do have a propensity to waste money.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:41 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
.. forced to buy it, all you silly drama queens.
Ah so you agree they are forced to buy it? And by the following response, you seem to be happy with such a proposal and insulting at the same time.

See what I did there?

Kind of like what you did.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Attorneys will sure love you. But, Conservatives do have a propensity to waste money.
Some things are more important than money.. Isnt that what you liberals keep telling us as justification why we should bend over and just accept this ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies