Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2010, 07:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Rand Paul's chance for the 2012 Presidential Nomination.
And like the Titanic, there aren't any black people on the Paul sinking ship either.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notobrainwashing View Post
what are you talking about.he is right companies should hire people by who is most qualified and not by color of his skin.and that is the problem with civil rights act that people are not givin a job to qualified people but are giving to people that are nowhere neat expirienced or qualified for job just because of their skin color and that is not right

Of course, before the Civil Rights Act or similar pieces of policy or legislation, only whites were deemed to be qualified, and most of them were male...............

Old 05-21-2010, 07:05 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
who said anything about taking away someone's free speech. Did I or did I not say infring on someone's constitutional right? Is free speech NOT apart of your constitutional right?
Then why did you write this:

Quote:
If there was a skin head, KKK or black panther that have the belief that they should exterminate those they hate, would you force them to go against their beliefs?
This is covered under free speech,you cannot act on it or order it to happen however.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If I have to explain that, it's pretty sad.

This guy comes from a place where the indigenous blacks were subject to absolute and cultural genocide and which barred most nonwhite immigration until very recently. You'll have to understand the perspective from which he writes.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But the point has been made.

If someone isn't hurting anyone physically, should the federal government be allowed to step in and force them to do something?

If a bar owner wants to allow smoking, he should be allowed to. No one is forcing non smokers into the bar. If you have a problem with smoking, don't go. If I smoke pot in my house, that should be allowed, because the federal government should have no say what I do on my own property, because I'm not hurting anyone.

Most people support that kind of personal freedom, yet, those rights have been taken away. On the opposite side of the same coin, private business owners should be allowed to segregate, if they so choose.

I think discrimination is disgusting, and I wouldn't support a business that does that.

If a bar owner wants to not allow black Americans into their establishment, fine, but I'll open a bar up across the street, that accepts everyone, and guess who is going to do more business?
I agree,it is something lost on people and most likely because those whose individual freedoms are being stripped away are people who out at the fringes.

Those who desire more power know how to play the masses,and have been doing it for years

And time after time the people fall for it.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You may not have noticed this, but Rand Paul is running for a seat in the United States Senate.

If you are unaware of this fact, the United States Senate is one of the two bodies of the United States Congress. It is the bicameral legislature that governs the entire United States of America, where most of us live.

As a consequence, the actions taken by the United States Senate affect all Americans, not just the residents of the state that a particular senator represents.

Stop back if you need another lesson in the basic structure of the United States government.
But he is there to serve the interests of the people of Kentucky,it is none of YOUR business really unless you are a Kentuckian,which I highly doubt...

You do know a Senator is there primarily to further the interests of his own state right???

Old 05-21-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
This guy comes from a place where the indigenous blacks were subject to absolute and cultural genocide and which barred most nonwhite immigration until very recently. You'll have to understand the perspective from which he writes.
Really?
Perhaps you might want to edit this post considering to be subject to an absolute genocide would mean....there would be no-one left...

English a second language?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

Would you like to silence the KKK from speaking out?

No..........I want to eliminate them from the face of the Earth.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No..........I want to eliminate them from the face of the Earth.
Ahhh this explains it....you are a closet mass murderer.

I will keep this post of yours for future use,it will be interesting to see how you can justify wanting to murder people for their beliefs.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Default Any Tea Party Supporters Disappointed In Rand Paul's Statement?

I was very curious if there are any Tea Party supporters who are disappointed by Rand Paula's statements that business owners have the right to discriminate? I have read the threads where Tea Party supporters are agreeing with or defending his stance, but have yet to read any that do not agree with what he said, and was just curious if the overwhelming sentiment was agreement.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies