Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:32 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
'
If they are so African, why did they expend so much energy trying to separate themselves from Africans?
Same reason Zulus separate themselves from Xhosa perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
The liberals don't seem to realize that "minority only" scholarships and other such stuff go against the very idea of equal rights. The liberals seemed to have declared war on the White male....and instead of trying to make everyone truly equal, they seem to want to make White men second class citizens so that everyone can succeed except them. The Black pride that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson always seem to talk about takes no heat from the meda....but mention White pride????Ahw heck no!

Apparently equality doesn't apply to Whites.

What you don't seem to realize is that this statement you have made is incorrect. Consider for a moment that you are a minority in this country. If you are a minority, I would be totally surprised. Now realize the fact that many people in this country are still discriminated against based on their skin color, particularly black and hispanic people. Minority only scholarships and other such stuff is what helps equalize the playing field for all people. By birth alone a white male already has an advantage whether we agree with it or not and whether you're willing to acknowledge that or not. Wanting to make the white man a second class citizen? Boo freakin hoo. This is an overdramaztization if I ever heard one. Once again it's about attempting to equalize the conditions in our world. Otherwise so many white males would be favored solely based on their skin color. This has happened and still happens. It'd be nice to see what your thoughts and opinions were if you could be a black man for just one year. Then we'll see what tune you're singing. And why can't white people go on about white pride? Maybe because they haven't had to endure the same hardships and discrimination that other minorities have for the past decades/centuries. So a white person bragging about their white pride comes off as boastful, hateful and exclusionary whereas a black/hispanic/female/gay person boasting about their heritage/background, are simply forging a bond and uplifting their spirits and confidence against discriminatory odds. Now do you realize? Probably not. FYI I am a white male, so if I can realize you can too.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:37 PM

Discrimination for good instead of evil...got it.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Same reason Zulus separate themselves from Xhosa perhaps?

Didn't know the Zulus created apartheid.......

Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 PM

402 posts, read 853,222 times
Default The Times

Ha, the Times ran a piece this morning about white rugby fans going to a match in Soweto. They made it seem like whites never go there because the people there are black, without making any mention of the sky high crime rate. If there was a white neighborhood clocking the murders that Soweto does, those fans wouldn't normally go there either. Where South Africa is now, I think the US will be in the future.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Didn't know the Zulus created apartheid.......
Do you know what Apartheid actually means?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:00 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Do you know what Apartheid actually means?
So I'm going to get some lecture from an apologist...........yes I know what it means.

I also know what it was.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:01 PM

Then my post should make sense...

Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,108,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
What you don't seem to realize is that this statement you have made is incorrect. Consider for a moment that you are a minority in this country. If you are a minority, I would be totally surprised. Now realize the fact that many people in this country are still discriminated against based on their skin color, particularly black and hispanic people. Minority only scholarships and other such stuff is what helps equalize the playing field for all people. By birth alone a white male already has an advantage whether we agree with it or not and whether you're willing to acknowledge that or not. Wanting to make the white man a second class citizen? Boo freakin hoo. This is an overdramaztization if I ever heard one. Once again it's about attempting to equalize the conditions in our world. Otherwise so many white males would be favored solely based on their skin color. This has happened and still happens. It'd be nice to see what your thoughts and opinions were if you could be a black man for just one year. Then we'll see what tune you're singing. And why can't white people go on about white pride? Maybe because they haven't had to endure the same hardships and discrimination that other minorities have for the past decades/centuries. So a white person bragging about their white pride comes off as boastful, hateful and exclusionary whereas a black/hispanic/female/gay person boasting about their heritage/background, are simply forging a bond and uplifting their spirits and confidence against discriminatory odds. Now do you realize? Probably not. FYI I am a white male, so if I can realize you can too.
I'm a minority and this is crap! Everything I've ever gotten in life is because I looked around, judged my competition and made sure I worked harder than all of them. Sorry, but even the worst bigots couldn't deny or ignore hard work and I worked for some doozies. I heard a lot of stupid things like, "you surprised us" but who cares...I laughed all the way to the bank...

By the way...I have three kids that went to college fulltime while maintaining fulltime jobs. Everyone they've ever worked for, had nothing but compliments on their work ethic. I taught them what my parents taught me...don't let anyone judge you, work harder than everyone else and don't take anything for free...

Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldTheBeans View Post
What's soccer?
Sort of like football, except the payers use their feet. Oh, and the ball is ball-shaped. Not suitable for those with short attention spans and disliked by US TV stations for lack of play interruptions of suitable length for light beer commercials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies