Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 09:30 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
You implied it with that "By the continuation of hate" sentence in your post.
Lost me on this one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 09:34 AM

351 posts, read 533,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I'll post this again...

If I have this correct, the Afrikaners should get what is coming to them/leave their homeland because of their past treatment of black Africans based on skin color...and the reason they should be punished/forced to leave is because they are white....

Is that basically it?
I do not think anyone wants the dutch in south africa to leave if they want to help it become an even better nation. I believe they have an issue with the ones who want to see it fail.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM

A interesting bit of info....
Quote:
The Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization (UNPO) awarded the Afrikaner people membership during its IX General Assembly on 16 – 17 May 2008 in Brussels, Belgium.
The UNPO is a democratic, international organization. Its members are indigenous peoples, occupied nations, minorities and independent states or territories which lack representation internationally.
UNPO is dedicated to the five principles enshrined in its Covenant:
This successful application for membership represents a formal acknowledgment by an international organisation of the fact the Afrikaner people have since 1994 become a stateless nation. The Freedom Front leader, dr. Pieter Mulder accepted membership of UNPO on behalf of the Afrikaner people.[32]

Old 06-03-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I do not think anyone wants the dutch in south africa to leave if they want to help it become an even better nation. I believe they have an issue with the ones who want to see it fail.
They aren't Dutch,they are Afrikaners,why is this difficult for you to grasp?
You do know how Apartheid was ended right?

Afrikaners supported ending Apartheid in greater numbers than the English speakers...

And of course there is the problems of gov. legislation that favors employment of blacks over whites...

Seems if the gov. in power wanted to make a better nation it would stop being racist.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
They aren't Dutch,they are Afrikaners,why is this difficult for you to grasp?
You do know how Apartheid was ended right?

Afrikaners supported ending Apartheid in greater numbers than the English speakers...

And of course there is the problems of gov. legislation that favors employment of blacks over whites...

Seems if the gov. in power wanted to make a better nation it would stop being racist.
I choose to respect their dutch heritage.

Many of the dutch in south africa saw the error of their ways, and worked to end apartheid. This was a great thing to happen on this earth.

No one is saying the south african government is perfect, and I believe no government is. They are working to make it better, and the very fact the disgruntled population did not partake in uhuru after apartheid ended, is proof of a competent government not as racist as many believe.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I choose to respect their dutch heritage.

Many of the dutch in south africa saw the error of their ways, and worked to end apartheid. This was a great thing to happen on this earth.

No one is saying the south african government is perfect, and I believe no government is. They are working to make it better, and the very fact the disgruntled population did not partake in uhuru after apartheid ended, is proof of a competent government not as racist as many believe.
But they aren't Dutch,they are of Dutch descent but that was 350 or so years ago.

The Afrikaners did indeed end Apartheid,something I haven't seen many acknowledge until I brought it up....

There are 40,000 White farmers in south Africa,since 1994 almost 2000 have been murdered.
The present gov. has laws in place favoring one race over another...

Do you see a problem with either of those things?

It is starting to become apparent that quite a few posters cannot get beyond skin color,a sad state of affairs.

And quite bigoted.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
But they aren't Dutch,they are of Dutch descent but that was 350 or so years ago.

The Afrikaners did indeed end Apartheid,something I haven't seen many acknowledge until I brought it up....

There are 40,000 White farmers in south Africa,since 1994 almost 2000 have been murdered.
The present gov. has laws in place favoring one race over another...

Do you see a problem with either of those things?

It is starting to become apparent that quite a few posters cannot get beyond skin color,a sad state of affairs.

And quite bigoted.
Dutch to the south africans...and its their government

South Africa is a violent place, and people will be killed. If South Africa was truly terrible they would put their money where their mouth is and leave.

I agree that racism is sad too.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Dutch to the south africans...and its their government
So if the gov. states something it is correct?

Quote:
South Africa is a violent place, and people will be killed. If South Africa was truly terrible they would put their money where their mouth is and leave.
Couldn't the same thing have applied to the black South Africans?just leave,go back to their ancestral homes...

Quote:
I agree that racism is sad too.
And yet you seem to support the current gov. in South Africa....

Old 06-03-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
So if the gov. states something it is correct?

Couldn't the same thing have applied to the black South Africans?just leave,go back to their ancestral homes...

And yet you seem to support the current gov. in South Africa....
Who am I to question how they view their dutch? I dont pay taxes there nor have I contributed to their society.

South Africans was not truly that bad as the other places would be. Thats why they,african americans, indians in the caribbean..ect didnt/wont leave. This is also the reason why the dutch in south africa wont leave unless they are forced to. They know it is not as bad as they say it is.

I have never once said I supported the current south african government.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Who am I to question how they view their dutch? I dont pay taxes there nor have I contributed to their society.
You seemed to have no problem voicing your opinions of Apartheid, gov. instituted laws...

Quote:
South Africans was not truly that bad as the other places would be. Thats why they,african americans, indians in the caribbean..ect didnt/wont leave. This is also the reason why the dutch in south africa wont leave unless they are forced to. They know it is not as bad as they say it is.
Might want to check into how many Afrikaners and English speakers ARE leaving...

Quote:
I have never once said I supported the current south african government.
My mistake,I must have missed your equal condemnation of it's institutional racism.Just so we are clear,you do condemn the racist policies of the current gov. in the RSA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies