Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 10:19 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
But they aren't Dutch,they are of Dutch descent but that was 350 or so years ago.
They are a settler class, descended from Dutch invaders.

Quote:
The Afrikaners did indeed end Apartheid,something I haven't seen many acknowledge until I brought it up....

They helped end Apartheid.

Quote:
The present gov. has laws in place favoring one race over another...

Was this a problem for you when the settler minority did the same thing? I also didn't know there were pass laws or other racially demeaning policies created by the ANC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Like the Zulu?

Quote:
Yes they ended Apartheid by allowing it to go to a referendum.

Quote:
Was this a problem for you when the settler minority did the same thing? I also didn't know there were pass laws or other racially demeaning policies created by the ANC.
Is it a problem for you NOW?

Do you support racist gov. policies sometimes and not others?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:22 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,191 times
Quote:
Sorry. The Afrikaners are European settlers. How many years did they spend telling everyone else in the continent and beyond that they were different, and enforcing that at gunpoint.........?
So, it's ok to murder them.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,137 times
Quote:

I would like to know this too.

Why can't you just answer the question oz?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 AM

351 posts, read 534,009 times
Quote:
You seemed to have no problem voicing your opinions of Apartheid, gov. instituted laws...

Might want to check into how many Afrikaners and English speakers ARE leaving...

My mistake,I must have missed your equal condemnation of it's institutional racism.Just so we are clear,you do condemn the racist policies of the current gov. in the RSA?
Not that the dutch government is dead I feel we can all take turns swinging the bat at it

Not nearly enough are leaving if the government is still making a priority to discriminate against them. I think the dutch could truly show them what they think about the new racist government by using their feet. Nothing more painful than your citizens jumping ship eh?

I condemn the current government for having people like Malema around.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
The various BLACK tribes did not mix either,hence why there are still tribes... And being born somewhere to parents who were born somewhere and generations back for over 350 years does indeed make you native to the region....

Same standard apply to the Zulu?

LOL...

And you again base this solely on skin color,making you quite bigoted....
Actually there was quite a lot of mixing between Bantus and Bushmen. Mandela himself is mixed.
I don't share your interpretation of the term native.
There used to be North Africans here on the Iberian peninsula for centuries, but they were finally expelled because they did not belong here. They were not at all considered natives just because they had been here for centuries.

I see a clear hierarchy here, the Bushmen are the only legitimate owners of the land, then come the Bantus, and only then the Afrikaners and other whites, Indians etc. Again, what you don't realize is that I am not in favor of expelling anyone, nor of taking away EVERYTHING from whites and Indians in Africa, BUT taking away their excess wealth that is based upon the crimes of the past centuries. And that is indeed possible. It will never be 100% fair, sure, but better than the way it is now. The land problem is the same as in Brazil etc.

Lol, too.

Not skin color, genetic and geographical proximity if you will.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I would like to know this too.

Why can't you just answer the question oz?
Well of course Apartheid was wrong,just as segregation was wrong here.

So quid pro quo Clarice....

I sit wrong NOW with the current gov.?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:00 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
I have decided that I will boycott the South Africa World Cup. Their genocide of the Afrikaners (White Africans) due to their racism against White people is the basis for my boycott.

I've noticed that Hollywood celebrities are spending their time selling their good deeds to the media (Hey look at me! I'm donating money to a good cause! Look at me!) in an attempt to gain a good image and hide their obvious stupidity. I've also noticed that none of their charitable donations goes to help the Afrikaners suffering at the hand of Black South Africans. Apparently, when it happens to White people, it doesn't really matter.

An attempt to help the Afrikaners escape this genocide would likely be labeled as "racist" by left and the mainstream media.
Yes, because people in South Africa care what a single person is Kentucky thinks about them.

Good use of your time, kudos.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Not that the dutch government is dead I feel we can all take turns swinging the bat at it
I would think people who are so opposed to racism would seek out the institutional racism of the current gov. but perhaps personal bias gets in the way....

Quote:
Not nearly enough are leaving if the government is still making a priority to discriminate against them. I think the dutch could truly show them what they think about the new racist government by using their feet.
How many have left?

Quote:
Nothing more painful than your citizens jumping ship eh?
Quite true just look at how majority rule in Zimbabwe is doing....

Quote:
I condemn the current government for having people like Malema around.
And the racist laws?
You letting those slide?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Actually there was quite a lot of mixing between Bantus and Bushmen. Mandela himself is mixed.
I don't share your interpretation of the term native.
There used to be North Africans here on the Iberian peninsula for centuries, but they were finally expelled because they did not belong here. They were not at all considered natives just because they had been here for centuries.
That also happened in the 15th century...are you proposing that peoples and nations go back to such times?

Quote:
I see a clear hierarchy here, the Bushmen are the only legitimate owners of the land, then come the Bantus, and only then the Afrikaners and other whites, Indians etc.
SO a tiered society where some are valued more highly than others...well I can see how that is much different to Apartheid...

Quote:
Again, what you don't realize is that I am not in favor of expelling anyone, nor of taking away EVERYTHING from whites and Indians in Africa, BUT taking away their excess wealth that is based upon the crimes of the past centuries.
People of today should be punished for the sins of their ancestors...interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies