Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 06:45 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That doesn't align with the theory of the refs gave this game to Dallas. But it does punctuate the point that refs miss calls every game and more than 1 or 2.. they miss many but those missed calls do not typically change the outcome of the game. Now i don't know what the outcome of the game would have been had the refs called PI on this controversial play and no body does...
but i do know that after this non call, the Lions still had the lead so they still controlled their own fate...

Old 01-09-2015, 06:55 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
This will be one of those stories that will never die. All the what ifs, one play does not make a game. The Lions had opportunities and didn't take advantage of them. Their defense was talked about, how tough they are, #1 in the NFL, and they couldn't stop Dallas. Don't dwell on one play, look at the last quarter of the game and how the team played.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:15 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
That doesn't align with the theory of the refs gave this game to Dallas. But it does punctuate the point that refs miss calls every game and more than 1 or 2.. they miss many but those missed calls do not typically change the outcome of the game. Now i don't know what the outcome of the game would have been had the refs called PI on this controversial play and no body does...
but i do know that after this non call, the Lions still had the lead so they still controlled their own fate...
I agree with you. That's why I posted the link. Officiating in all sports is spotty.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:23 AM

917 posts, read 1,384,103 times
Well Detroit cant seem to get over it

LOOK: Lions fans bash refs with 'lyin' billboards in Detroit - CBSSports.com

Isnt Detroit one of the poorest cities in America? Good to see theyre wasting money on something like this....

Old 01-09-2015, 04:29 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
Well Detroit cant seem to get over it

LOOK: Lions fans bash refs with 'lyin' billboards in Detroit - CBSSports.com

Isnt Detroit one of the poorest cities in America? Good to see theyre wasting money on something like this....
I believe they JUST got out of bankruptcy.

Still, I'm getting pretty damn sick and tired of this. The "Tuck Rule" game's story didn't last this long...

Old 01-09-2015, 04:54 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
As a Cowboys fan, I will say that the refs definitely missed a bad call. But as that Yahoo article states, the refs missed too many calls against the Lions all game long. If this game was really fixed that wouldn't have happened. If the Cowboys had lost, Cowboys fans could easily be the ones claiming the game was fixed And not by one play but by many. Fact of the matter is both teams were inconsistent. The Cowboys were a mess in the 1st half as were the Lions on the 2nd. I guess it's always easier to blame someone else than to take accountability for your shortcomings.

Hopefully this game serves as a wake-up call for the Cowboys whose offense was being cut through like a knife through butter in the first half.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:38 PM

11 posts, read 6,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
As a Cowboys fan, I will say that the refs definitely missed a bad call. But as that Yahoo article states, the refs missed too many calls against the Lions all game long. If this game was really fixed that wouldn't have happened. If the Cowboys had lost, Cowboys fans could easily be the ones claiming the game was fixed And not by one play but by many. Fact of the matter is both teams were inconsistent. The Cowboys were a mess in the 1st half as were the Lions on the 2nd. I guess it's always easier to blame someone else than to take accountability for your shortcomings.

Hopefully this game serves as a wake-up call for the Cowboys whose offense was being cut through like a knife through butter in the first half.
Detroit did expose them in the 1st half, but being fair, GB does not nearly have the defense that Detroit has....unless you talk to GB fans, and they will tell you that the Packers have the best defense in the league to go along with they have the best players at every position

Old 01-10-2015, 07:22 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Talking, discussing with respect is one thing, baiting and aggravating is another. You have 18 posts and over half are following GB fans around! I don't see you posting negative after other regular posters.

All of us, what I would call regular posters, respect each other, get a friendly jab in now and then but we don't follow each other around in a negative manner.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:35 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Still, I'm getting pretty damn sick and tired of this. The "Tuck Rule" game's story didn't last this long...

Good point.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football