Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 07:27 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times

Advertisements

IMHO, Kraft is the best owner in the league.. i will take him any day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 07:43 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You not only failed to show proof, you didn't even state what the cheating was by those other teams. Like a loyal Pats fan would say, "it didn't happen, then".
I can't vouch for everything in the following, but here's an assembled list and links to cheating by teams in the NFL. The Pats haven't even cracked the top 10.

The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Old 05-21-2015, 11:48 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I can't vouch for everything in the following, but here's an assembled list and links to cheating by teams in the NFL. The Pats haven't even cracked the top 10.

The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating
neat site, very well laid out but it was created just a few months ago..

Domain Name: YOURTEAMCHEATS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1901122788_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2015-02-06T15:58:54Z
Creation Date: 2015-02-06T15:58:54Z

from the first paragraph;
So you think there's only one NFL team that cheats? You're wrong. All 32 NFL teams cheat. Yup, even your favorite team is a dirty cheater, but since they are not that good, nobody really cares.

It makes me think it was a Pats fan in response to the latest scandal.

many of these are not even scandals or cheats?? Eligate??? Gustygate??? seriouslyWTFgate???

Anyway, cool site
I hope who ever did it, get some revenue from it.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:33 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
neat site, very well laid out but it was created just a few months ago..

Domain Name: YOURTEAMCHEATS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1901122788_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2015-02-06T15:58:54Z
Creation Date: 2015-02-06T15:58:54Z

from the first paragraph;
So you think there's only one NFL team that cheats? You're wrong. All 32 NFL teams cheat. Yup, even your favorite team is a dirty cheater, but since they are not that good, nobody really cares.

It makes me think it was a Pats fan in response to the latest scandal.

many of these are not even scandals or cheats?? Eligate??? Gustygate??? seriouslyWTFgate???

Anyway, cool site
I hope who ever did it, get some revenue from it.
Good catch.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:58 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Yeah yeah yeah, so that makes it okay for the Patriots to cheat.
Not at all.

But what it does do is demonstrate that those who never utter a peep when...
*the Chargers are fined $20,000 for using Stickum' to enhance their ability to grip the footballs (that's right, $20,000 - not $1,000,000, not a four-game suspension for anyone, not the loss of draft choices)
*when Jerry Rice admitted that he loved using Stickum' during his career despite the fact that it was banned
*when Aaron Rodgers says he likes footballs inflated past what the rules allow when he can get away with it
Chargers fined $20,000 after 'Stickum' towel inquiry - tribunedigital-chicagotribune
Jerry Rice on stickum use: 'All players did it' - CBSSports.com
Aaron Rodgers Likes To Tamper With Footballs, Too

...yet get the vapors over any instance of the Patriots doing the like don't really have a problem with such shenanigans, but only have a problem with the Patriots engaging in such behavior.

Where's the months-long investigation of Aaron Rodgers? Where's the demand for a Warren Report-scale investigation and report? There isn't one. There's just collective boredom and disinterest amongst those who swear undying love for the rules and zero-tolerance whatsoever for when they aren't obeyed... but only when the team in question is the Patriots.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:33 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
In the same statement that Aaron Rodgers made regarding liking over inflated balls, he also said he was a friend of Brady. Aaron's footballs were never tested to confirm this. If Green Bay's footballs were over inflated, the running backs would have had a more difficult time holding onto them, yet their turnovers by fumbles are in closer alignment to the Pats' results for 2015. I don't believe Rodger's statement without proof. OTOH, the Pats' footballs were tested. Then the procedures were changed to eliminate the possibility of it happening again - we hope.

Now, there's a possibility that other teams were doing it as well. At this point we will never know for sure.

The only other "Facts" we have on this matter were the cover ups in the form of not cooperating with the investigation. Kraft knew this would come back to bite him in the long run, so he acquiesced and paid up. Brady is talented, but maybe not as smart as Kraft. Will he be able to appeal without turning over his phone/records? Only a rabid Pats fan will believe he is innocent if he is not forthcoming in an appeal even if he gets his penalty reduced.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:03 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Not at all.

But what it does do is demonstrate that those who never utter a peep when...
*the Chargers are fined $20,000 for using Stickum' to enhance their ability to grip the footballs (that's right, $20,000 - not $1,000,000, not a four-game suspension for anyone, not the loss of draft choices)
*when Jerry Rice admitted that he loved using Stickum' during his career despite the fact that it was banned
*when Aaron Rodgers says he likes footballs inflated past what the rules allow when he can get away with it
Chargers fined $20,000 after 'Stickum' towel inquiry - tribunedigital-chicagotribune
Jerry Rice on stickum use: 'All players did it' - CBSSports.com
Aaron Rodgers Likes To Tamper With Footballs, Too

...yet get the vapors over any instance of the Patriots doing the like don't really have a problem with such shenanigans, but only have a problem with the Patriots engaging in such behavior.

Where's the months-long investigation of Aaron Rodgers? Where's the demand for a Warren Report-scale investigation and report? There isn't one. There's just collective boredom and disinterest amongst those who swear undying love for the rules and zero-tolerance whatsoever for when they aren't obeyed... but only when the team in question is the Patriots.
Pointing out bad behavior by others does lessen bad behavior by the Patriots. In fact it only highlights New England bad behavior and makes it worst.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:01 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
A reliable source, Deadspin, seriously? Rodgers has talked openly about it, even on his radio show and Phil Simms isn't 100% correct. I don't think Patriots are the only team held in question, and agree with previous post pointing out what other teams have done serves what purpose?

Old 05-24-2015, 12:47 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
You used a word I have before, culture. I think you are most definitely missing the bigger picture and larger issue. The culture doesn't exist within the locker room of one team - it exists in the NFL, and has for a very long time. Now the NFL want to play judge, jury, and executioner to prove a point they are bigger than the game and can control it, or to my eyes over control it. This most recent penalty is a loud message of Goodell and the NFL saying "we're the bosses", and in large part it's driven by money and the fans who pay the bills.

As other have stated, many other teams have violated the rules, but in the court of public opinion they aren't necessarily called cheaters as angrily as the Patriots are because none of those other teams have such a storied history of winning and being at the top. So those fans assume it just has to be because of cheating because they've been fined twice.

You say the Pats are in the news for a reason. Since you've already been spoon fed the reasons by the media, please re-iterate those reason for the rest of us.
Nonsense, it is not my responsibility to reiterate what you could obtain by conducting a quick search on Google. The bottom line is that there is a concerted effort to win by ANY means possible and it appears the Patriots enjoy this more than others. I was hoping Kraft would take the bait and pursue legal actions against the league ....bbbuttttt. He knows better. Please👌

Old 05-24-2015, 12:55 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It means that they are all equal cheats. And I forgot the Cowboys, Jimmy Johnson admitted that they did illegal taping but just didn't get caught.
O please don't give me that crap. Other teams are innocent ....well til they get exposed. The crazy thing about this is that the Pats just recently recovered from the entire spy gate debacle....and bang, they're back to deflating balls, making "illegal" plays that border on the ambiguity of the rules. Cheating is in their DNA. Simple and short. Tainted champs***
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football