Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 10:40 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times

Advertisements

Time to have a central playoff thread?

After week 14, here is how things stand in the NFL

AFC

1. New England 11-2
2. Kansas City 10-3
3. Pittsburgh 8-5
4. Houston 7-6
5. Oakland 10-3
6. Denver 8-5

In the Hunt
Miami 8-5
Baltimore 7-6
Tennessee 7-6

NFC

1. Dallas 11-2 - X
2. Detroit 9-4
3. Seattle 8-3-1
4. Atlanta 8-5
5. New York 9-4
6. Tampa Bay 8-5

In the Hunt
Washington 7-5-1
Minnesota 7-6
Green Bay 7-6

Dallas is the only team to officially clinch a playoff berth. It's going to be a fun finish in the AFC West this year between Denver, Oakland and Kansas City. Can Miami absorb the loss of Tannehill down the stretch? It's nice to see teams like Tampa Bay, Detroit and Oakland all in the mix this late in the season.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:27 AM

5,829 posts, read 5,635,141 times
It's over for Denver. This team was once 4-0 and I would be VERY surprised if they got in. They have Patriots, @Chiefs, Raiders left on the docket. They go 1-2 at best, so I see them finishing 9-7. I don't think that gets them in. So many problems to talk about with them, that even if they got in, they aren't a threat to beat anybody...

Miami may be able to go 2-1 if New England rests everybody in Week 17. I would have said Miami would have gone 3-0 if Tannehill was healthy, but I think Miami finishes 10-6 and may be able to backdoor in. I wont, however, be surprised to see them go 1-2. They aren't a threat either, but I am really high on their future...

Kansas City will win The West and Oakland will retain the 5-seed and both of them will be very tough outs. They are legit threats and the Patriots better be worried about both. The AFC North (Steelers/Ravens) and South (Texans/Titans) races will come down to the final week, but personally I don't believe the winners of those divisions are legitimate threats...

It is great to see the Bucs relevant again, that team has a very bright future ahead of them. Right now, they feel like they can beat anybody, and who can blame them? They beat the Chiefs, they beat the Hawks, and I'll tell you something, if they beat Dallas, we may be talking about a dark horse Super Bowl team. We'll see how they pan out...Detroit will win the whole thing if somehow, they go 3-0 these last weeks (@Giants, @Cowboys, Packers). Highly unlikely, but I've seen enough to say they will be a tough out in the playoffs...

Old 12-13-2016, 05:02 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post

Miami may be able to go 2-1 if New England rests everybody in Week 17. I would have said Miami would have gone 3-0 if Tannehill was healthy, but I think Miami finishes 10-6 and may be able to backdoor in. I wont, however, be surprised to see them go 1-2. They aren't a threat either, but I am really high on their future...
I am Pleased that MY FINZ were able to take it from bottom 5 early in the season, taking losses to teams like the Titans and Bengals (Which was a blowout) as well as nearly giving the Browns their only win of the season
NOW they turning it around and are looking at a Wildcard. That is progress.
The problem remains that no one outside of perhaps the coach has any idea what they are doing, and the owner does not seem to care

Making the playoffs would be a good morale boost even if they got no further than the first wildcard round.

Remaining games are division games.

Jets are Jokes this year, but always play the FINZ well
Buffaloes are poorly coached, may be hiring a new one in a few weeks
Evil Patriots are Super Bowl bound.

2-1 maybe

Old 12-13-2016, 05:56 AM

158 posts, read 73,683 times
Atlanta has an easier schedule than Tampa and owns the H2H, so obviously they get the inside track for the division....I don't think you can trust the Wash defense or the Minn offense, look out for GB to get that last playoff spot (that Christmas eve matchup between GB-Minn could determine who gets the #6 spot)....If I had to play fortune teller, here is the NFC playoffs as I see it

NFC
1) Dallas
2) Detroit/GB
3) Seattle
4) Atlanta
5) NYG
6) GB/Detroit

I put Detroit in the possible 6 spot, losing the division if Staffords finger is worse than they are letting on

AFC
1) NE
2) KC
3) Pitts/Balt
4) Houston
5) Oak
6) Mia

If I had to pick, I am going with Pitts for the division, but if Balt should beat them H2H, they would own that tie breaker, but Pitts has the easier schedule....I like Miami to go 2-1 and finish 10-6 and get in....I can see Denver possibly dropping all 3 of their remaining games

Old 12-13-2016, 06:54 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Real nice, this gets posted AFTER the Bills get eliminated.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:59 AM

If Both Denver and Miami go 10-6 who gets in? I also am thinking Pitt takes the division. Miami will go 2-1 possibly even 3-0. The game in Buffalo will be no gimmie for them so they may have to count on beating the Pats week 17, but a definite possibility as it looks like for now, Pats would be resting many starters.

And would they rather Miami make the playoffs or a team like the Ravens or Broncos? No offense to Miami, but those other two teams have real history of being two of the only teams in the AFC to stand in the Patriots way.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:16 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,776,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Real nice, this gets posted AFTER the Bills get eliminated.
They're not totally done, according to a reputable playoff odds calculator they have a roughly 2% chance of making the postseason. Of course, they'd have to win out and hope for other teams to fall apart...like my Dolphins...but there's still a chance.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
They're not totally done, according to a reputable playoff odds calculator they have a roughly 2% chance of making the postseason. Of course, they'd have to win out and hope for other teams to fall apart...like my Dolphins...but there's still a chance.
Dolphins are very much in it. 2% sounds generous to me. Bills could conceivably win out. But they would need 3 or 4 teams to finish 1-2 and maybe even 0-3 for a couple of them.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:09 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Packers for sure need to win out the last three games and have Detroit and Minnesota lose out in order for them to make it but I don't know if that can happen because of how horrible the Packers have been.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:22 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
You keep saying it, but they have been winning! Vikings and Lions do not have to lose out in order for them to make it. A tie with Vikings, Packers have the better division record. Lions lose 1, last game is for the division, closer than you think.

They do have to keep winning, but winning 3 in a row, not totally impossible. I noticed you finally picked them again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football