Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2007, 09:57 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangemood View Post
Again Richmond, VA. Say no to the Skins. OH and PA have 2 teams, DC is really not Virginia. So lets get Richmond a team already.

Richmond, you mean Richmond Va. getting a team? Oh thats rich!! I think this town has a whole lot more it needs to do before it could ever get a pro team here. They will be lucky if they can keep the Braves farm team. Richmond is not deserving of a pro team..........and it never will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 10:26 PM

237 posts, read 870,711 times
using the US method of measuring a city's population,

Toronto 7.5 million
Montreal 4.5 million
Vancouver 3 million
Hamilton, Quebec City, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, have around 1 million people
Winnipeg with 700 thousand.

of those cities Montreal only has an nhl team. If the NFL moved to Toronto Montreal might lose interest in the cfl, Montreal (size of Detroit) should have more than a hockey team.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:27 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
One area that I would take a look at is Birmingham, Alabama. In the days of the USFL, they consistently drew in the 45 to 50 thousand range. Don't know about a stadium, though. I also agree about Salt Lake City. That area has really grown in the last several years; I believe the population from Ogden to Provo is well over two million. Again, a stadium is needed. Just my two cents worth.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:52 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,913,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmike View Post
using the US method of measuring a city's population,

Toronto 7.5 million
Montreal 4.5 million
Vancouver 3 million
Hamilton, Quebec City, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, have around 1 million people
Winnipeg with 700 thousand.

of those cities Montreal only has an nhl team. If the NFL moved to Toronto Montreal might lose interest in the cfl, Montreal (size of Detroit) should have more than a hockey team.

The people of Toronto might retain intrest in an NFL team. But Montreal? No way! Montreal is way to proud to accept an American sport. Remember the Expos?

Old 12-16-2007, 09:45 AM

217 posts, read 346,291 times
san antonio, a city of this size cant possibly be ignored by the nfl any longer.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Los Angeles. Even though we have many "transplants" who hold alliances to their home teams and would probably not support a Los Angeles NFL team, it would be just too profitable for the city, NFL, broadcasters and owners not to have a team here.

We need a new expansion team here and not some team to move here. We are tired of the networks broadcasting Raider, 49r and Charger games here because they "think" we would want to see them - when we dont. We'd like a home team thank you very much.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:31 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
LA, without a doubt. There's no reason in the world why the "home games" there should be Oakland's.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:36 PM

214 posts, read 871,706 times
sorry los angeles it's not going to happen no time soon because la sucks lmao.....the city la couldn't keep the radiers, rams, and the chargers in town be happy you have nice weather.....oakland is a oakland town and always will be so get over it.....

Old 12-19-2007, 06:40 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
The NFL has bent over backwards trying to get a team back to LA. The franchise that went to Houston was supposed to go to LA, but the LA ownership group couldn't get its act together, and the Houston group put together a much better presentation for the league. And so the Texans were born.

When a team gets ready to relocate, I'm sure the NFL will push them to go to LA. But I'm not convinced there's enough of a fanbase to support a team. Wanting a team there and actually making it work are two different things. I think the NFL should be content having four teams in three of the four biggest markets (NY, NY, Chicago, Houston) and forget about trying to make LA work.

Toronto will never happen. The NFL and the CFL are on friendly enough terms that the NFL isn't going to tread on its territory. Besides, the Argos have been around since the 1870s!! Buffalo would complain about a team infringing on their market, anyway. And the Bills already draw a sizable contingent of Toronto fans.

Portland, Salt Lake City, and San Antonio would top my list for relocation spots. The eastern U.S. already has enough teams.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:22 PM

357 posts, read 890,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonzOwn View Post
Well I think the Hall Of Fame City (Canton, OH) should get an NFL team.

Since, in my experience, most Cantonians are either rabid Browns fans or hardened Steelers fans, a Canton team would have a minute fan base to draw from, and would probably be cannibalized by the two teams I mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football