Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 10:15 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
His strategy in the most recent Super Bowl was not exactly boast worthy.
His overall body of work is what I'm talking about it. And you can place some blame on the defense on that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 10:36 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
His overall body of work is what I'm talking about it. And you can place some blame on the defense on that as well.
That loss still pisses me off And i don't care about Atlanta at all. So many things had to happen. And every damn one of them did. A fluke really.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
That loss still pisses me off And i don't care about Atlanta at all. So many things had to happen. And every damn one of them did. A fluke really.
Pissed a lot of people off! I felt like I was watching a bad dream. I feel sorry for the Atlanta faithful though. Having to live with that until they finally win a Super Bowl. Will hurt quite a bit if they don't get back this year.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:35 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
It still amazes me what Kyle did at the end. This isn't revisionist history, I clearly remember saying at the time "run it 3 times, burn their timeouts and kick the field goal. That's all they need".

Old 07-31-2017, 09:01 AM

So the Redskins have went through their first week of training camp, and so far Junior Gallete, Terrelle Pryor, Josh Doctson, and D.J. Swearinger have all been very impressive. I know there have been other offseason pick ups that I didn't mention, but these names, in particular, have been ones to kee an eye on. Gallete is coming off of missing the last two seasons with injury, Pryor is slated to be a star receiver, and Doctson is coming off of missing most of the 2016 season.

Hoping that the 'skins don't get bit with the injury bug, I'm excited for the team. Others seem to zero in on losing Jackson and Garcon and immediately have dismissed any chance for the 'skins having a season above .500. However, I think they might have their best roster in years. Again, any improvement on defense is going to translate nicely for the team. We never did have Jackson for all 16 games every season he played for us. Garcon is the only one I really hate that we lost, but I think we can survive without him.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:11 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Heard Doctson is looking good!

Old 08-02-2017, 04:37 AM

Doctson IMO is the most important player to be watching. Personally I think Pryor is an upgrade over both Garcon and Jackson, Crowder is good and will continue to improve but the question mark is the #2 WR position. We have essentially 2 first round picks in camp.

I'd be happy to be wrong on Swearinger. I questioned how a guy who has been released by 3 teams would ever solve a long time problem position. But the reports have been very good so I'm happy.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:29 PM

I've heard a lot of great things coming out of camp the last couple of weeks. Anywhere from Norman, to Swearinger, Allen, Pryor, and Doctson. I don't believe Cousins is going to have a shortage of weapons. People want to point toward losing Jackson and Garcon and say the 'skins are sunk, but they then forget about Reed and Crowder.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:45 AM

Yeah skill position players are fine, the problems are elsewhere. I fully expect the rookie Perine to beat out Fat Rob to win the starting running back spot but I haven't heard any buzz on him yet. Sure wish we had drafted a guard, Lauvao has been strealing money for years and Kojo does not appear to be the answer.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah skill position players are fine, the problems are elsewhere. I fully expect the rookie Perine to beat out Fat Rob to win the starting running back spot but I haven't heard any buzz on him yet. Sure wish we had drafted a guard, Lauvao has been strealing money for years and Kojo does not appear to be the answer.
There's been some talk about linemen. You should check out John Keim's Twitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football