Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2018, 12:57 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Bill, it was front office politics. As Labonte alluded to, Kirk was Shanahan's boy. RGIII was Dan's boy. Gruden proved that Cousins was the better quarterback, but by that point, it was all about wanting to see "more" out of Cousins. In the end, the front office wasn't about to pay him and Cousins wasn't about to sign no matter how much the contract was worth. It was all a failed opportunity that has a lot to do with ego.

Cousins looked great his first start.. HORRIBLE the three games he played at the end of 2013, when they shut down RG3, and not much better in 2014.. But.. I said it all along.. You have to let him play. That's how Kirk is going to learn. Once they put him in for '15.. You had a few more of those bad games early on.. But you saw steady improvement.

My curiosity now.. I can never remember if the rosters have to be trimmed by EOD today or tomorrow.. But.. What RBs stay?

My guess right now.. AP as the starter/featured back, Thompson as the third down back.. Kelley stays as a sub for AP and.. Here's the part that I think people will think i'm crazy on.. I think Bibbs gets the final spot, though he'll likely be inactive many games.

I think Perine gets his walking papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 01:30 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Cousins looked great his first start.. HORRIBLE the three games he played at the end of 2013, when they shut down RG3, and not much better in 2014.. But.. I said it all along.. You have to let him play. That's how Kirk is going to learn. Once they put him in for '15.. You had a few more of those bad games early on.. But you saw steady improvement.

My curiosity now.. I can never remember if the rosters have to be trimmed by EOD today or tomorrow.. But.. What RBs stay?

My guess right now.. AP as the starter/featured back, Thompson as the third down back.. Kelley stays as a sub for AP and.. Here's the part that I think people will think i'm crazy on.. I think Bibbs gets the final spot, though he'll likely be inactive many games.

I think Perine gets his walking papers.
My understanding is that roster cuts are looming Saturday afternoon.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:05 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
His punch is good. We've gotten several turnovers from him punching the ball out of a carriers hands. Not a whole lot of DBs that can do that.

he hasn't been worth the money, but he hasn't been a bad player. It's just, in perspective.. When someone makes that much money you expect more.
Yeah I never said Norman was bad. I just said his play did not warrant all the noise he creates with his antic, not to mention his salary. He was good his first year, he was not nearly as good as they need him to be last season as the league's highest paid corner.

As for Kirk I am rooting for him badly. I hope he wins the SB and Dan and Bruce look bad for allowing this to happen. But i also believe Jay was on board with them. He tells it like it is and he was not all that glowing about him, he must see things that we don't see. All I saw was a guy with no running game putting up pretty damned good numbers year after year.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah I never said Norman was bad. I just said his play did not warrant all the noise he creates with his antic, not to mention his salary. He was good his first year, he was not nearly as good as they need him to be last season as the league's highest paid corner.

As for Kirk I am rooting for him badly. I hope he wins the SB and Dan and Bruce look bad for allowing this to happen. But i also believe Jay was on board with them. He tells it like it is and he was not all that glowing about him, he must see things that we don't see. All I saw was a guy with no running game putting up pretty damned good numbers year after year.

I'm with you on that. Totally and completely. I am only sad that we don't play the Vikings this year.

Maybe.. I actually have some hope with AP in there.. And again, that hope is JUST from him being on the roster, I think he'll be someone good for Rob to learn from. I'm not against Rob, but, he isn't cutting the mustard right now.. If he can pick up some things from AP, that signing was well worth it. But.. If we get REALLY lucky and actually make the playoffs.. Wouldn't it be something for Kirk to knock the Redskins out?

I don't like rooting against my team.. But.. Yeah.. I would there.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:30 AM

3,736 posts, read 2,566,784 times
Quote:
I never said Norman was bad. I just said his play did not warrant all the noise he creates with his antic, not to mention his salary. He was good his first year, he was not nearly as good as they need him to be last season as the league's highest paid corner.

As for Kirk I am rooting for him badly..
Amen, good post.
There seems to be a habit in the sports media of fawning over outspoken DBs. Even when the DBs are obnoxious & borderline unintelligible. Also seems like every preseason game they're seeking out Norman on the sideline for his goofy commentary (on any/everything). The media's current infatuation is with the ramblings of Jalen Ramsey. Ramsey is barely in the league, and the media is revering his comments/critiques as Gospel. This is in the tradition of fawning over Neon Deion & reminding fans every 10 seconds that Richard Sherman is (supposedly) the smartest player in the league bcuz he went to Stanford.

Anyways, I'm also rooting for Cousins' success outside of Washington.. Hail.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:41 AM

I could never root for Kirk to beat my team, but as frustrated as I am I'm pretty damned close.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:24 PM

3,736 posts, read 2,566,784 times
Disappointed the Skins didn't keep Kevin Hogan. I watched him a lot at Stanford, I think he can be a good NFL Qb, but..

Old 09-04-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Disappointed the Skins didn't keep Kevin Hogan. I watched him a lot at Stanford, I think he can be a good NFL Qb, but..

McCoy is a 'good' QB. Jason Campbell, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson.. the list goes on and on of all the 'good' QBs that Washington has had.. We haven't had a great QB in a long time. There was a whole lot of hope that Kirk could be great. And he may yet still be.. Just not with Washington.

I'm mildly disappointed that we kept Perine. Luckily.. Looks like Bibbs wasn't claimed and got a spot on the practice squad.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:55 PM

I thought that fumble did in Perine for sure. As for Hogan he is a body, no more and never will be more. The real only surprise for me was the release of Spaight.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I thought that fumble did in Perine for sure. As for Hogan he is a body, no more and never will be more. The real only surprise for me was the release of Spaight.

He had like 15 carries in the preseason and put 2 of them on the turf. Unacceptable. Didn't do well hanging onto the ball last year, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football