Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 12:39 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Just looks like they tried to steal the Cowboys' tag line. We have our own identity, we don't need to be trying to copy Dallas.
It's just a title on an obscure website. The only thing I ever wanted from Dallas was the cheerleaders. But the Danny, in a rare fit of good taste, saw to that upgrade.

Anyway, now we have AP and play the Broncos tonight. Go Skins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 02:41 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
It's just a title on an obscure website. The only thing I ever wanted from Dallas was the cheerleaders. But the Danny, in a rare fit of good taste, saw to that upgrade.

Anyway, now we have AP and play the Broncos tonight. Go Skins.
Your vote has been recorded.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:44 PM

Looking forward to seeing AP tonight. I was very cool on the signing at the beginning, I argued for every Frank Gore there are 100 LaDanian Thomlinsons who dropped off a cliff at this age. But given the other backs here now I'd take an over the hill AP. If I see Rob Kelly run into the back of an OL one more time I'll scream.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:32 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
AP: 11 carries 56 yards

Old 08-25-2018, 04:26 AM

It's only preseason, it don't mean a damned thing. But boy oh boy it's hard not to watch the starters on both side of the ball get their ass kicked and not be concerned. Denver moved at will with 3 step drops that offset the Redskins DL. Smith looked iffy, why is Kurt Cousins no longer our QB again? Such a Redskins thing to do, allow a good QB to walk for nothing. Receivers appeared to have trouble getting open, adding to the concern at the position. AP looked fine, he ain't the old AP but he's better than what they had.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:58 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Remember, in previous preseasons, Kirk Cousins looked unimpressive as well, and even more so, would start the season that way. Last night was about featuring AP, and he really impressed me. He still has it.

I think the issue is that you have guys who phone it in during preseason. In a way, I can't blame them. Look at how many injuries the Redskins had last year. Look at Guice going down for the season this year. I except a different team come regular season, but for this dress rehearsal, it sucked.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:27 AM

I'm not expecting anything different, why would I at this point? I see a team that will come out flat, again, and lose to a bad team in the opener. Sorry that's just how I see it, glad to be wrong.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:54 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I'm not expecting anything different, why would I at this point? I see a team that will come out flat, again, and lose to a bad team in the opener. Sorry that's just how I see it, glad to be wrong.

No.. Remember, these are the Redskins we're talking about.. They will win the opener and get hopes up.. Just to dash them.

Old 08-26-2018, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
No.. Remember, these are the Redskins we're talking about.. They will win the opener and get hopes up.. Just to dash them.
I have done a complete 180. All offseason I couldn't understand why the odds makers had them as one of the worst teams. I saw a much improved defense and a very good rookie RB who would make a real difference. Now with Guice out and a defense that apparently can't cover anyone and a brutal schedule I am starting to believe the experts.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:35 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Honestly, when it comes to preseason, I believe some coaches find more value in it than others. I also believe some coaches like to game plan a little more during preseason than others, and I think some players put more effort in preseason than others. We've had preseasons in the past where the 'skins won at least three out of the four games, and then went on to have 5-11 seasons. Talk about getting hopes up high. The regular season is such a different beast, that I've grown to realize the preseason is pretty much a mirage. Yes, we can go on about how it was the first team offense. Yes, Smith had a bad night. But, I really believe Gruden wanted to see a heavy dose of Adrian Peterson. He wanted to see what AP had left, and AP appeared to still have it. I don't know what to tell you if you believe that, suddenly, Alex Smith forgot how to play football.

Having said all of that, you still expect the first team offense to go out there and execute effectively, and outside of AP, it did not. The defense also got gashed quite a bit. Go back and look at the replay though, it wasn't because the DL wasn't getting penetration, it was the linebackers and safeties missing tackles. In a way, I'm glad the team had a poor outing. It should give them a chip on their shoulder and something to prove come opening day.

By the way, we have never won an opening day game since Jay Gruden has been here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football