Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 09:40 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,474,087 times

Advertisements

Perine probably has a higher ceiling than Bibbs, which is why Bibbs went to the practice squad and Perine made the team. We already know, however, if Perine becomes a fumbler, he won't last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 12:44 PM

More about why the 'skins chose Perine over Bibbs. We spent a 4th rounder on Perine last year, Bibbs was an undrafted free agent, signed by the Broncos in 2014. We cut Matt Jones loose after season two - he was drafted in the third round. My point being, you tend to want your draft picks to work out, and Perine has showed flashes of good things he can do. Bibbs has been serviceable as well, but I'm not sure we had Bibbs playing against any of our NFC East foes, with the exception of maybe the Giants - the last game in which we lost. Point being, the 'skins have more invested in Perine, and to cut him in favor of an undrafted guy who didn't work out in Denver and still a bubble player on the 'skins doesn't sound like a good move to me.

Having said that, things can change. Assuming we can keep Peterson healthy throughout the year, you're going to have AP as the starter, you're going to have Fat Rob and Perine, and you're going to have Thompson as the third down back. In all reality, Perine will push Fat Rob to be the change of pace back that FR will be to AP. If Kelly isn't cutting it, Perine is right there to make the push. But think about it, that's 4 running backs that might see some playing time this year - that's quite a few RBs.

In all honesty, Next year, you're going to have Guice, Thompson, and either Kelly, Perine, or maybe Adrian Peterson. Assuming AP has a good year, I wouldn't mind having Guice, Peterson, and Thompson as our backs.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:51 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
In all honesty, Next year, you're going to have Guice, Thompson, and either Kelly, Perine, or maybe Adrian Peterson. Assuming AP has a good year, I wouldn't mind having Guice, Peterson, and Thompson as our backs.

The question is going to be.. Will Guice be the same RB next year? Hell.. We only saw the guy carry the ball three times. He impressed in practice, but.. While he is young, an ACL can destroy a RB. Again.. I hate to keep bringing this up, but.. Ki-Jana Carter.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The question is going to be.. Will Guice be the same RB next year? Hell.. We only saw the guy carry the ball three times. He impressed in practice, but.. While he is young, an ACL can destroy a RB. Again.. I hate to keep bringing this up, but.. Ki-Jana Carter.
By the same token, Terry Allen. A guy who had two surgically repaired knees.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:08 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
I don't believe an ACL destroys a RB, plenty have recovered. I think they kept Perine and cut Bibbs because they accurately predicted they could get Bibbs back and Perine would probably be claimed. I don't think it really matters, players like these are a dime a dozen.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:54 AM

4,401 posts, read 4,299,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I don't believe an ACL destroys a RB, plenty have recovered. I think they kept Perine and cut Bibbs because they accurately predicted they could get Bibbs back and Perine would probably be claimed. I don't think it really matters, players like these are a dime a dozen.
Yeah, young RB's can definitely recover from acl injuries.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:20 AM

I am so upset at the prospects for this team moving forward. We somehow ended up with a 34 year old QB who 2 contending teams decides was not good enough. Now he is on the downside and has a few productive years left on a team that is not ready to contend. Bruce has put us in a win now situation with a roster that is not capable of winning now.

This is where we find ourselves, in a few years this team will be starting over as they attempt to do one of the hardest things in sports to do and that is to find a franchise QB. The present is bad enough, the future looks worse.

Thanks Bruce. Thanks a lot.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:37 PM

And the Redskins pretty much dominated the Cardinals all game long. Everybody looked pretty good. Alex Smith, Adrian Peterson, Chris Thompson, Jordan Reed, and the defense. I was especially proud of Dunbar. Only downfall was not hearing much out of Ryan Kerrigan, but I promise he's going to get his. 'Skins will have a tough schedule until their early bye, but I sense good things for this team.

Not going to be a Debbie Downer about having a 34 year old quarterback. Smith could probably play until he's 40 if he wanted to. This team may be built to win now, but honestly, I WANT them to win now.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:37 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
And the Redskins pretty much dominated the Cardinals all game long. Everybody looked pretty good. Alex Smith, Adrian Peterson, Chris Thompson, Jordan Reed, and the defense. I was especially proud of Dunbar. Only downfall was not hearing much out of Ryan Kerrigan, but I promise he's going to get his. 'Skins will have a tough schedule until their early bye, but I sense good things for this team.

Not going to be a Debbie Downer about having a 34 year old quarterback. Smith could probably play until he's 40 if he wanted to. This team may be built to win now, but honestly, I WANT them to win now.
Congrats! Hail to the Redskins! You guys did a great job!

Old 09-10-2018, 05:55 AM

Well I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. At 14-0 it felt like it was 30-0, they were so in control of that game from the start. CT and Dunbar were obviously the players of the game. I'm not sure they can win consistently with that dink and dunk style, against the better teams you need some "chunk" plays of bigger yardage, but it sure worked yesterday. Oh and it helped that the Cardinals are horrible.

What a blast yesterday was. The NFL is my favorite sport and I totally enjoyed watching the Red Zone Channel, that thing is awesome. I liked seeing the Giants and Boy lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football