Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 07:22 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,474,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Payne is more than a run stopper, he has the ability to push the pocket. One of the biggest problems this team has had is no push up front, well until Allen and Ioannidas last year. We'd see Kerrigan firing off the edge and Romo would simply step up and hit Witten for 18 yards. Payne along with those other 2 will change that. We were damned lucky that Guice fell to us, I'm not concerned about the reasons. A developmental swing OT is a great signing as was Settle. We went from having no NTs for years to potentially 3 if Taylor makes the team. Hamilton was another great pick. If he can stay healthy that's a solid starting ILB in time. Keep shopping at the Alabama store and they'll be just fine.
Agreed 100%!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Just bumping this thread. So far from what I'm hearing, the 'skins are having great OTAs. Alex Smith seems to be all business. I am so excited to see Guice out there. Man, I wished I could go to training camp this year.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:34 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Hey there everyone. I'm getting excited for training camp, I really don't understand why the Redskins are picked to do so badly. They clearly have upgraded and their record was as much a result of an amazing set of injuries than anything else.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:49 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Hey there everyone. I'm getting excited for training camp, I really don't understand why the Redskins are picked to do so badly. They clearly have upgraded and their record was as much a result of an amazing set of injuries than anything else.

If I look back to 2016 and 2017.. Will I see you saying the same things then? Because.. *I* was saying those thing back then.. And what happened? Basically around .500 records.

Yes, they've gotten better.. But WR is still a huge question mark.. Jordan Reed's ability to stay healthy is a question.. RB is a mess, but hopefully Guice is the answer there.. QB.. I think is a lateral move.. At best, as Smith is 34..

I hope for a better year.. But I suspect another 8-8 season. I'm figuring by game 4 i'll have screamed in here at least once "Why can't Crowder hold on to the effing ball!?"

Yes.. I'm jaded.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:02 AM

Seems like I've picked them in the 7-9/9-7 range for the past 5-8 seasons. I share your concerns above, word is Richardson has underwhelmed. But I still believe in Doctson, this is really only his second year, and I totally expect a bounce back year from Crowder. If you play fantasy football in a PPR league grab him in the later rounds.

The reason for my optimism is a few changes. We finally have a legit RB. Think about it, Alf was effective but more a product of the unique Shanny offense and lacked explosiveness. Take him away and our starting running backs have been Roy Halu, Matt Jones, Fat Rob and Perine. I mean come on, that's pathetic. Guice will make a huge difference. Next I'll look at the DL, this went from a real weakness to a strength. Before the injuries our run defense was pretty damned good, I remember that defense as dare I say bad ass against Oakland. I'm a huge Kirk guy and will root for him in Minnesota but this was a lateral move at the least, possibly a slight upgrade. Smith can't be worse than Kirk in the red zone and that was a huge problem for years.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:34 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Smith can't be worse than Kirk in the red zone and that was a huge problem for years.

I'll pin that on the lack of a running game. Now, Chris Thompson has been a shining star in that running game, but the only one. They got into the red zone.. Defense knew it was going to be a passing play. I think Kirk would have shined a whole lot more with a decent running game around him, and honestly, he did. The games where you got 100 yards out of a back, Kirk played a whole lot better as well.

BTW.. Who is the RB who was suspended for a year? Silas Redd.. That's who I was thinking of.. He always impressed me when I saw him, which must have basically been preseason. Just looked him up.. He's playing Rugby in Australia now.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:26 AM

Everyone blamed Gruden for continuing to call that fade when it never worked, and for good reason. But for some reason nobody seemed to notice the problem was Kirk sucked at throwing it. He was also hesitant to pull the trigger, burned by big picks in the past made him this way IMO. Run game was clearly a factor but Kirk stunk in the red zone. Either way this situation should improve.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:29 AM

I'll tell ya, the NFL has posted all of these "best of Kirk Cousins" videos up on their YouTube page and really hyping him up. Now, I'm not trying to sound like the jaded ex-girlfriend, but I would not be surprised if the Vikings don't experience the same Kirk Cousins that we had experienced in the past - slow start but picks up steam as the season progresses.

I still think we got a better quarterback in Alex Smith, although had we kept Cousins, I would have been just fine with that too.

And talking about the fade pass - I never can understand a fade pass to a receiver under 6 feet tall!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:20 AM

3,737 posts, read 2,566,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'll pin that (red zone) on the lack of a running game. Defense knew it was going to be a passing play. I think Kirk would have shined a whole lot more with a decent running game around him.
Agreed..
My opinion, when a team gets to the red zone.. I wanna see ground & pound.. we try to run you over, & you try and stop us..

I miss Riggins & the 'Hogs. Can I get an 'Amen' from City Data posters..

Old 08-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Agreed..
My opinion, when a team gets to the red zone.. I wanna see ground & pound.. we try to run you over, & you try and stop us..

I miss Riggins & the 'Hogs. Can I get an 'Amen' from City Data posters..
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football