Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 01:08 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
There are plenty of horrible owners, it's just that Snyder gets more media attention being in the nation's capital.
D.C. isn't New York or Los Angeles. I think it has more to do with general idiocy. 16 quarterbacks in 16 years? Haynesworth? Jim Zorn as a head coach? That one coach who was literally calling bingo games before his phone rang? AFL legend Jay Gruden? Adam Archuletta? The Rams trade?

Ouch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 02:18 PM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
D.C. isn't New York or Los Angeles. I think it has more to do with general idiocy. 16 quarterbacks in 16 years? Haynesworth? Jim Zorn as a head coach? That one coach who was literally calling bingo games before his phone rang? AFL legend Jay Gruden? Adam Archuletta? The Rams trade?

Ouch.
Yeah having lived through it all I really can't argue. On top of that he is just a horrible human being who treats those below him like dirt. But at least he wants to win, I've always felt the owners who couldn't care less about the scoreboard, Bidwell, Mike Brown, Donald Sterling, were worse. But not by much.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:55 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,472,831 times
Quote:

Ouch.
D.C.'s media outlet is probably worse. Come on...it's the nation's capital!

I can't argue with the boneheaded moves this franchise has made during Snyder's tenure. It's been awful. But I do think Snyder is trying to right those wrongs. The hiring of Scot McCloughan alone makes up for quite a bit of those lame-brained schemes attempted in the past 16 years. Even Snyder's worst critics agreed this was finally a good move by the franchise. Now, the only question is, will Snyder allow McCloughan to do what he was hired to do? I think he will. I don't think Snyder has any choice. However, it's very possible Gruden gets fired at the end of the season. If that happens, I seriously hope the front office stays true to their word that Scot McCloughan is the man in charge of finding that coach, because Lord knows people don't want to work for Snyder. However, a lot of coaches would want to work with McCloughan, because he is widely respected around the NFL.

I'd say this year is not a year we should expect the Redskins to do anything great. It's going to take a few more years, like it or not. But I'd guarantee that if Snyder allows McCloughan to put his full stamp on the team, he will turn it into a winner.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:57 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
i'd agree with skinsguy...DC has to be one of the most ruthless sports media outlets in the country. If New York is 1A, DC has to be 1B. More so than LA and Chicago.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:59 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
i'd agree with skinsguy...DC has to be one of the most ruthless sports media outlets in the country. If New York is 1A, DC has to be 1B. More so than LA and Chicago.
Philly is more ruthless than them all. Just ask Donovan McNabb.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:28 PM

One of the sports radio stations in D.C. is literally a mouthpiece for Dan Snyder. That fact alone makes D.C. softer than Philly or New York.

And Redskins fans are the third most forgiving fans in the NFL after the Raiders and Browns fans.

D.C. is Santa's Village compared to the viper pit of NYC and Philly sports media.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:10 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
I lived in Illinois before moving to Wisconsin and trust me, Chicago sports radio is far from tame. Certain media markets are notorious and I don't see DC as one of them.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
One of the sports radio stations in D.C. is literally a mouthpiece for Dan Snyder. That fact alone makes D.C. softer than Philly or New York.

And Redskins fans are the third most forgiving fans in the NFL after the Raiders and Browns fans.

D.C. is Santa's Village compared to the viper pit of NYC and Philly sports media.

As a daily listener to that station you are dead wrong, they are hardly a mouthpiece for the owner. They drill him just like we do. With that said I agree with you that DC is not nearly as tough as the other markets in the NE, I'd throw in Boston.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As a daily listener to that station you are dead wrong, they are hardly a mouthpiece for the owner. They drill him just like we do. With that said I agree with you that DC is not nearly as tough as the other markets in the NE, I'd throw in Boston.
You really think 980 criticizes Snyder as often as JFK?

John Feinstein Blog: Snyder Is Worst Owner In History Of Sports « CBS Sports Radio

Did Dan Snyder Kill A Redskins Critic's Radio Show?

Old 09-08-2015, 05:21 AM

Maybe not as bad as JFK but that's not what you said, you called them a mouthpiece for the owner and that's just not true. They hammer him pretty good. As they should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football