Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 07:17 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times

Advertisements

Did he really ask the fans to do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 07:18 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
I remember the day I disliked rg3. when he asked the collective dc redskins fanbase to donate to his weddings registry.
I don't think he asked for fans to buy him presents. I thought fans found the registry and bought gifts for him. I suppose he could have sent them back, but it would be more work to do that than it's worth. It's not reasonable to criticize him over that imo.

I do think, however, that he may have a bit of Kobe in him. He seems like a guy who would be pleasant to deal with off the field but then rubs people the wrong way in the locker room.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:22 AM

Yeah I just did a search and found the same thing, fans found the registry and posted it. Griffin did not ask for this.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
well, as much as I like (and will miss) Griffin, I'm a Redskins fan first. So here's to wishing Kirk the best of luck against Miami. They have a tough front 7, so if that o-line doesn't get their **** together, Kirk is going to be on the ground a lot.

I'm going to be optimistic and give the Redskins 6 wins this season. There is talent on this team, but we still are another year or two of good drafting and free agency before we're ready to make a run. we need a QB and a secondary pretty badly. And when I say we need a QB, by all means I'm happy with Kirk proving me wron.g

Old 09-01-2015, 09:34 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
well, as much as I like (and will miss) Griffin, I'm a Redskins fan first. So here's to wishing Kirk the best of luck against Miami. They have a tough front 7, so if that o-line doesn't get their **** together, Kirk is going to be on the ground a lot.

I'm going to be optimistic and give the Redskins 6 wins this season. There is talent on this team, but we still are another year or two of good drafting and free agency before we're ready to make a run. we need a QB and a secondary pretty badly. And when I say we need a QB, by all means I'm happy with Kirk proving me wron.g
I've always appreciated RG3, and feel badly about the injuries that keep him sidelined. I certainly wish nothing but the best for him.

I admit this is mostly subjective, but I've always believed that Kirk Cousins is potentially one of the best QBs in the NFL. Definitely need to see more of his professional play in order for Redskin Nation to begin having more confidence in him.

However, even at this point, I believe he'd be a great addition to the Arizona Cardinals! Personally, I'm feeling pretty good about your QB right now.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:03 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Gruden says Griffin will be there.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:37 PM

I don't understand any reason what so ever to keep him. Aside from the obvious distraction he is now behind Kirk and Colt. They don't want to play him and risk an injury that would kick in the $16 million option year. So if they have no plans on playing him, and they shouldn't, then why on Earth would they keep the noise going? Let him walk and be done with it already which is exactly what I think they will do when he is cleared. What they say now means nothing.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:02 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I don't understand any reason what so ever to keep him. Aside from the obvious distraction he is now behind Kirk and Colt. They don't want to play him and risk an injury that would kick in the $16 million option year. So if they have no plans on playing him, and they shouldn't, then why on Earth would they keep the noise going? Let him walk and be done with it already which is exactly what I think they will do when he is cleared. What they say now means nothing.
They've already picked up his option. They had to decide on that before.. May 1st, I think.

So, unless he's cut, traded or retires.. He's with the Redskins until 2016.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They've already picked up his option. They had to decide on that before.. May 1st, I think.

So, unless he's cut, traded or retires.. He's with the Redskins until 2016.
Which is exactly what will happen, he will be cut if they can't find a trading partner. Why on Earth would they keep a 3rd string QB for $16 million next year? Of course they won't do that. No the plan now has to be get rid of him, or keep him healthy so that contract does not kick in should he become injured. And they won't find a partner with that contract. So why wait, cut him as soon as he is cleared. Why in the world would they keep a player they don't want to play? And why on in the world would they play in injury prone player and risk having that contract automatically kick in should he be hurt seriously?

Old 09-01-2015, 03:49 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Well.. They should cut him ASAP.. Because that option is guaranteed for injury.. So, if he steps on a nail, they're on the hook for the $16 million. If he's on the roster for opening day (Active or inactive) then it's guaranteed period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football