Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 07:08 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,472,831 times

Advertisements

This is what gets me about some sports fans of opposing teams. They have to argue and compare everything from the ownership down to what hotdogs are served at the stadium. Geez, Louise! Give it a rest! Yes, the owner sucks. Yes, the number one draft quarterback sucks. Yes, the franchise sucks. Yes, we still root for the team!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 08:15 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Yeah I also have to question the label "forgiving". Nobody is forgiving this organization. We have voiced our frustratioin for years. But what exactly are our options? Quitting a bad team to root for a winner? Screw that, that's not a fan, that's a front runner and front runners SUCK.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:09 AM

The only way for us Redskins fans to be forgiving is for the team to start winning on a regular basis, make the playoffs on a regular basis, and become a championship caliber franchise. Until any of that starts happening, we are not forgiving fans. We are long suffering fans. We have suffered for so long, that we start making each other miserable.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:12 AM

The one thing I will not do is attend games and put $ in Little Danny's pocket. No way I spend a whole day visiting that factory of sadness.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The one thing I will not do is attend games and put $ in Little Danny's pocket. No way I spend a whole day visiting that factory of sadness.
Factory of sadness, lol! Sounds like a grindcore metal group name!

I will go to one game this year. It's the game in Charlotte against the Panthers. It's only about an hour and a half drive for me, and the wife and I are going to make it a weekend getaway in Charlotte. Of course, I won't be putting money in Snyder's pockets, I'll be putting it in the pockets of the Panthers' owner. But, it's nice getting out and watching the games, live. The last home game I went to at Fed Ex field had me surrounded by Giants fans. Actually, there were more Giants fans there than Redskins fans. Oh, and the 'skins lost that game.

I will make an attempt to go to more home games if the Redskins move into Virginia.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:41 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
This is what gets me about some sports fans of opposing teams. They have to argue and compare everything from the ownership down to what hotdogs are served at the stadium. Geez, Louise! Give it a rest! Yes, the owner sucks. Yes, the number one draft quarterback sucks. Yes, the franchise sucks. Yes, we still root for the team!
Part of me wants to have this printed on a poster and print it on my basement wall LOL

I was born and raised in DC....and as most skins fans know, it's been pretty ugly for us (as a whole) since the early 90s. But honestly, do people think that HARDCORE fans would ever stop rooting for their team?!

we were 4-12 last year, and I'll scream "hail!" at the top of my lungs this year the same way I did last year. win, lose, or draw....it'll be Redskins 'til I'm dead and gone!

Old 09-08-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Part of me wants to have this printed on a poster and print it on my basement wall LOL

I was born and raised in DC....and as most skins fans know, it's been pretty ugly for us (as a whole) since the early 90s. But honestly, do people think that HARDCORE fans would ever stop rooting for their team?!

we were 4-12 last year, and I'll scream "hail!" at the top of my lungs this year the same way I did last year. win, lose, or draw....it'll be Redskins 'til I'm dead and gone!
I hate rooting for a losing team, and I hate the fact that some of this team's fans have become so disgruntled that they actually hope the team loses just to justify feeling miserable. At the same time, I can't picture myself rooting for any other NFL team. I mean, I do like the Panthers because they are the "hometown" team, and I always hope they do well (except against the Redskins), but I couldn't stop rooting for the Redskins to start cheering the Panthers on - unless the NFL got rid of the Redskins altogether. But even then, I don't think I could ever be as faithful and emotional over another NFL team as I have been with the Redskins. Ask my wife. she will tell you how much the Redskins mean to me. A big chunk of my childhood was dedicated to being a fan of the Redskins, ever since I was five years old!

Old 09-09-2015, 05:57 AM

I was lucky, they were good for a long time when I was young and the results meant more. Trust me when you get into your 40's the passion fades a bit and the losses just aren't that big of a deal.

Having grown up near DC when there was no baseball I adopted the Red Sox as a kid as I was born there and had pick to a team. That's the only non- local team I have. But I am a Nats sympathizer so I was watching the implosion last night. Seriously LOL at Washington teams. Most have sucked and the 2 that are supposed to be good always disappoint.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I was lucky, they were good for a long time when I was young and the results meant more. Trust me when you get into your 40's the passion fades a bit and the losses just aren't that big of a deal.

Having grown up near DC when there was no baseball I adopted the Red Sox as a kid as I was born there and had pick to a team. That's the only non- local team I have. But I am a Nats sympathizer so I was watching the implosion last night. Seriously LOL at Washington teams. Most have sucked and the 2 that are supposed to be good always disappoint.
I hear ya! I'm also in my 40's, and looking back on my childhood, I realize how good I had it! I mean, when I first started watching the Redskins play, Joe Gibbs had taken over. And the very next year, the 'skins go to the Super Bowl! So, I basically grew up not ever knowing how it is to cheer for a bad team. I thought that 1988 season was the most horrible season ever. The Redskins were 7-9! LOL! That was the only sub .500 season Joe Gibbs ever had in his first tenure. If the 'skins go 7-9 this year, we call that a huge improvement!

I'll never forget that day at school, sitting in physics class. Our teacher walks in and announces that he heard on the radio that Joe Gibbs had stepped down as head coach of the Washington Redskins. I felt like someone had just punched me in the kidney! I had a bad, bad feeling after that announcement, and it proved to be right. The very next year would be a preview of how the 'skins would mostly look for the next 20 years - B-A-D!!!

Old 09-10-2015, 07:37 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,692,099 times
What are your impressions of Matt Jones? I haven't seen tape on him yet but the reports have sounded pretty impressive. Is your feeling that he could end up stealing the starting job from Alfred Morris at some point during the season?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football