Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2015, 01:01 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
And so now the Skins are picking up another loser to replace the original loser from where again?
So if they're both losers, why are you complaining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 02:11 PM

16,271 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Well Goodell got what he was looking for. The extra point just got a lot more exciting in Washington.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:59 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
So if they're both losers, why are you complaining?
You should know better than that. If the whole off season and preseason doesn't do enough for this organization to conclude Forbath is not the guy you want on your roster, why wait to lose the very first game and be cheerful about the loss and then fire the guy, and above all tell the media about it first before telling him! Pathetic organization and always will be as long as that scumbag owns this franchise, regardless of all the BS this owner throws at the fans as though he's seen the light.

I've noticed many seats in the upper deck covered up to look like part of the structure of FEDEX. I noticed plenty of empty seats in the lower level. I also noticed the large Miami crowd cheering loudly. I'm telling you, you've not seen nothing yet. But again after 20 years of this chit with this slimeball owner, I hope I'm wrong.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:16 PM

16,271 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Give me Chip Lohmiller over Kai Forbath any day of the week.

Forbath 60/69 87%

Suisham 81/101 80.2%

Hall 54/69 78.3%

Conway 52/69 75.4%

Gano 59/80 73.8%

Blanton 44/60 73.3%

Murray 35/48 72.9%

Lohmiller 175/245 71.4%

Moseley 263/397 66.2%

Washington Redskins Career Kicking & Punting Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Old 09-16-2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Forbath 60/69 87%

Suisham 81/101 80.2%

Hall 54/69 78.3%

Conway 52/69 75.4%

Gano 59/80 73.8%

Blanton 44/60 73.3%

Murray 35/48 72.9%

Lohmiller 175/245 71.4%

Moseley 263/397 66.2%

Washington Redskins Career Kicking & Punting Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Percentages are very misleading. What goes into these percentages? How long are these field goal attempts? How many field goal attempts are these kickers going out and attempting per game? Give me a clutch kicker who can come in and hit the 56 yarder without breaking a sweat over a guy who could be considered automatic within the 45 yards, but can't kick off out of the end zone.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:32 AM

Quote:
You should know better than that. If the whole off season and preseason doesn't do enough for this organization to conclude Forbath is not the guy you want on your roster, why wait to lose the very first game and be cheerful about the loss and then fire the guy, and above all tell the media about it first before telling him! Pathetic organization and always will be as long as that scumbag owns this franchise, regardless of all the BS this owner throws at the fans as though he's seen the light.

I've noticed many seats in the upper deck covered up to look like part of the structure of FEDEX. I noticed plenty of empty seats in the lower level. I also noticed the large Miami crowd cheering loudly. I'm telling you, you've not seen nothing yet. But again after 20 years of this chit with this slimeball owner, I hope I'm wrong.
That still didn't answer the question though. If you think both are losers, than why complain about Forbath's dismissal? You answered by complaining about the owner. We all agree with you about the owner. Us 'skins fans would love nothing more than for Daniel Snyder to sell the team. Heck, sell it back to the Cooke family. Anybody (except for someone who'd move the team to the west coast and change the name.)

Old 09-16-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
That still didn't answer the question though. If you think both are losers, than why complain about Forbath's dismissal? You answered by complaining about the owner. We all agree with you about the owner. Us 'skins fans would love nothing more than for Daniel Snyder to sell the team. Heck, sell it back to the Cooke family. Anybody (except for someone who'd move the team to the west coast and change the name.)
I did answer. If he was so bad why wait until the first game of the season to replace him with a kicker who lost his starting job to another kicker who we let go a year ago or so? I'm only referring to Forbath as a loser because the Skins booted him, that's all. And to be replaced by someone who couldn't make it on a better franchise than the skins. Another words the skins, waiting until the first game to ditch Forbath may end up with someone much worse.

Last edited by jmking; 09-16-2015 at 07:45 AM..

Old 09-16-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I did answer. If he was so bad why wait until the first game of the season to replace him with a kicker who lost his starting job to another kicker who we let go a year ago or so? I'm only referring to Forbath as a loser because the Skins booted him, that's all. And to be replaced by someone who couldn't make it on a better franchise than the skins. Another words the skins, waiting until the first game to ditch Forbath may end up with someone much worse.
That's not an uncommon occurrence in the NFL by any team. Kickers tend to move around mid-season. Personally, I would have kept Hocker, because he seemed to have just as good of a preseason as what Forbath did last year. Keep in mind as well, Scot McCloughan was not here last year, so it's possible he would have either gotten in other kickers to compete with Kai, or he would have suggested cutting Kai last year.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
That's not an uncommon occurrence in the NFL by any team. Kickers tend to move around mid-season. Personally, I would have kept Hocker, because he seemed to have just as good of a preseason as what Forbath did last year. Keep in mind as well, Scot McCloughan was not here last year, so it's possible he would have either gotten in other kickers to compete with Kai, or he would have suggested cutting Kai last year.
Perhaps. I'm 58 years old, my family gave up our season tickets after 50 years. This franchise is under a microscope, scrutinized at every angle knowing full well the ******* who owns this team is running a dog and pony show. Only a GM in dire straights would work for this guy. Only a rookie head coach would work for this guy and only a defensive coach with a very poor NFL record would work for this guy. That is a fact not an opinion. I've never rooted for another team, seen everyone of their games for decades, I'm hoping for the best, but I'm afraid this greaseball is riding the backs of those who know football not marketing. Every stupid move done by this franchise, to me, has Snyder written all over it. And I'm not the only one, previous employees of this guy have told me so.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Perhaps. I'm 58 years old, my family gave up our season tickets after 50 years. This franchise is under a microscope, scrutinized at every angle knowing full well the ******* who owns this team is running a dog and pony show. Only a GM in dire straights would work for this guy. Only a rookie head coach would work for this guy and only a defensive coach with a very poor NFL record would work for this guy. That is a fact not an opinion. I've never rooted for another team, seen everyone of their games for decades, I'm hoping for the best, but I'm afraid this greaseball is riding the backs of those who know football not marketing. Every stupid move done by this franchise, to me, has Snyder written all over it. And I'm not the only one, previous employees of this guy have told me so.
Well, Scot McCloughan wasn't really in dire straights. In fact, he was running a pretty successful scouting company for the NFL. He actually had it made with running this type of company, but his true heart was with scouting/GM for one particular team. The Redskins came calling and McCloughan answered. Time will tell if Snyder truly lets McCloughan do his job or if Snyder gets too impatient with the process.

But saying only a defensive coach with a very poor NFL record would work for Snyder? Well, Shanahan worked for Snyder, and he was an offensive coach. he also had a winning record and two Super Bowls. Joe Gibbs worked for Snyder. Again, offensive coach, winning record, and three Super Bowls with four Super Bowl appearances. Now, if you're saying from Jay Gruden on, the 'skins will never have a proven head coach who'd want to come and coach the team, I'd say it all depends on Scot McCloughan. Head coaches, past and present, aren't dumb. If they can see that the player personnel being brought in is a direct result of McCloughan, and that these players appear to be higher quality players, then any head coach is going to see that McCloughan is in charge and would want to work closely with a GM who helped to build championship caliber teams in Green Bay, San Fran, and Seattle. Don't forget. Scot McCloughan did not hire Jay Gruden. He inherited him. So, if Gruden isn't cutting it, McCloughan will have no issues with letting him go.

And Snyder isn't stupid either. He's seeing that there's more and more visiting fans filling those stadium seats than Redskins fans. He knows he's losing the fan base. The only thing that keeps them hanging around is the fact that he's fighting for the name. Other than that, the fan base would probably be long gone. I think what also gives the fan base hope, again, is bringing Scot McCloughan in as GM. Even Snyder's most harsh critics praised him for finally making the right move for the franchise. I'd like to take a wait and see approach as to how long will Snyder give McCloughan, and how much authority did he give McCloughan. It's easy to see Scot has full control over player personnel, but if he truly has full authority over the coaching personnel, as well as his own scouting team, then we just need to be patient for another couple years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football