Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 02:29 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times

Advertisements

Well, honestly, looking back on all of this RGIII mess, I wished the Redskins had just stayed at #6 and drafted Ryan Tannehill. I don't think Tannehill is anything to write home about, but he's a decent quarterback. He's certainly progressed a lot farther than RGIII has. I think Shanahan would have been thrilled to have had both Tannehill and Cousins.

I love RGIII, but I was always worried that he would not translate to the NFL. That first season really did give us Redskins fans a false sense of security! Like him or not, you have to commend Mike Shanahan, and even more so, Kyle Shanahan, on their ability to alter their offense to fit what RGIII did at Baylor. It worked like a charm that first year, but we all knew that type of offense was on borrowed time in the NFL. I don't think Shanahan had a choice. That was the best way, the only way, to get the maximum amount of success out of Robert Griffin in that first year. If Griffin had not gotten hurt, who knows where he would be at in terms of his quarterback development now?

Now, I say, part ways with Griffin. Let's just go through the nasty divorce, get it over with, and let the wounds heal. And then, let's learn from our mistakes and allow a true football guy in Scot McCloughan to make all of those personnel decisions in both players and coaches, and let him do what you hired him to do - build the team! He's already started building from the trenches out. Just allow him to keep doing what he's doing. Of course, the Redskins have been dealt a horrible blow with several season ending injuries to some very key players, but it also allows the Redskins a chance to continue developing the younger guys. Let's just stick with that plan.

In terms of Kirk Cousins, might as well stick with him through thick and thin. He might throw more INTs than TDs, but just ride the wave. If he gets you to an impressive 8-8 record, hopefully you can draft a decent quarterback next year that can ride the bench for a couple years and be ready when Cousins has worn out his welcome. We'll see. I'm just glad I'm not paying $300 for NFL Sunday Ticket! I'm actually able to get the Redskins games off of antenna!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 04:18 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'm just glad I'm not paying $300 for NFL Sunday Ticket! I'm actually able to get the Redskins games off of antenna!
I just listen on SiriusXM.. But.. Honestly.. I never liked Larry Michaels, Sonny is getting awfully close to Sam Huff level old man-ness. Cooley.. Meh.. I can handle him.

It was hilarious to just listen to see what the hell Sam Huff would say in the last few years he was on the radio broadcasts.. Ah for the glory years of Sonny, Sam and Frank.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:36 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,923 times
Keeping it classy from the top down. GM has only been married for about 5 minutes.

Wife of Redskins' GM Admits to Vulgar Tweets Directed at Female ESPN Reporter After Initially Deny | Complex

Old 09-02-2015, 09:52 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,913,376 times
Washington redskins: the kardashians and miley cyrus' of the NFL.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:53 AM

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Scot confronted his wife about this.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:55 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Well, if they wanted to take the spotlight off of the Redskins name controversy - they are doing a good job. Everyone loves a good dumpster fire. People just kind of gaze at it and forget about everything else for awhile.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well, if they wanted to take the spotlight off of the Redskins name controversy - they are doing a good job. Everyone loves a good dumpster fire. People just kind of gaze at it and forget about everything else for awhile.
I didn't even hear about his wife "twitting" about that stuff until I heard about her apologizing.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:12 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Is there any owner in the recent history of the NFL worse than Snyder other than Al Davis?

Old 09-03-2015, 12:33 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
man...it hurts my feelings so bad that we're the laughing stock of the league LOL

Let's go Kirk!

Old 09-03-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Is there any owner in the recent history of the NFL worse than Snyder other than Al Davis?
There are plenty of horrible owners, it's just that Snyder gets more media attention being in the nation's capital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football