Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 07:36 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well.. They should cut him ASAP.. Because that option is guaranteed for injury.. So, if he steps on a nail, they're on the hook for the $16 million. If he's on the roster for opening day (Active or inactive) then it's guaranteed period.
That's the way I understand it as well. If he gets hurt during practice running drills with the practice squad....$16M. yikes.

Dear god, why did I have to grow up in DC and be a Redskins fan. LOL

I was 9 when the skins won it in 91. I'm now 33, and the skins haven't done **** in nearly 25 years lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 07:48 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
That's the way I understand it as well. If he gets hurt during practice running drills with the practice squad....$16M. yikes.

I was 9 when the skins won it in 91. I'm now 33, and the skins haven't done **** in nearly 25 years lol.
The good news? In another 25 years you'll still be a fairly young guy.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:09 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
then again

UPDATE: Dartford man, 57, dies after being hit by a train in South Darenth (From News Shopper)

San Fernando Man, 57, Dies After Being Beaten and Carjacked in Front of His Home | KTLA

https://www.rt.com/news/313539-man-jumps-stock-crash/

Bellefonte man dies in crash Saturday - Lockhaven.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - The Express

Old 09-02-2015, 08:54 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,472,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They've already picked up his option. They had to decide on that before.. May 1st, I think.

So, unless he's cut, traded or retires.. He's with the Redskins until 2016.
They can work around that. There have been other players in the league in this similar situation where their teams worked out a deal that converted some of that money into signing bonus and so forth, basically lessened the burden. There is a news piece on how the 'skins could work it out so that they're not on the hook for the entire $16 million. I'll have to find a link and post it here. But the long and short of it is that it actually would make more sense for both the team and RGIII to part ways now as opposed to waiting.

Certainly if I am RGIII, why would I want to stay with a team that doesn't want me? I'd be willing to work with the team to get me in the best possible situation for a trade.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:25 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,254,704 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post

And during those future 25 years, the Redskins may have still not done ****.

Solution: Become a Raven fan, it's not too far from DC.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:31 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,254,704 times
Talking head said this morning that the jock sniffing owner made the mistake of playing buddy-buddy, inviting him to the White House, etc. Then the pundit added that Griffin is to blame too: he should've known that this personal closeness to the owner wouldn't endear him to his teammates.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:32 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Talking head said this morning that the jock sniffing owner made the mistake of playing buddy-buddy, inviting him to the White House, etc. Then the pundit added that Griffin is to blame too: he should've known that this personal closeness to the owner wouldn't endear him to his teammates.
I don't see that as a problem. It certainly wasn't a problem when they were winning. Nobody pays attention to that type of crappy gossip when you're on a 7-game win streak and winning a division title. All of that extra stuff, imo, is just piling on.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:56 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I will fault Griffin for on the field stuff, but not as much for life issues - since he is in his early 20's, or was in his early 20's when he was chumming around with the power brokers.

That's totally on Snyder from my standpoint.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:50 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times
As I said in the other thread there is no question Griffin was enabled by the owner, he got the owner's blessing by refusing to run the read option and he clearly got the owner's ear to fire Shanahan. Griffin has Vince Young Disease. Once people stopped throwing rose pedals at their feet they couldn't handle it.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:00 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:

I graduated high school in 91.. So, I have had it worse.. I remember the entirety of the glory days. The shock of the 88 seasons when they went 7-9 and missed the playoffs.. Then going 10-6 in 1989 and mising the playoffs. The bad part about that 1989 season was the the 6 losses were by a total of 38 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't see that as a problem. It certainly wasn't a problem when they were winning. Nobody pays attention to that type of crappy gossip when you're on a 7-game win streak and winning a division title. All of that extra stuff, imo, is just piling on.
Yeah.. That's a problem. You can't be buddy buddy with the guy signing your paycheck and have a bad relationship with the guy who tells you what to do. it's just a bad dynamic all the way around.

It would work if the guy signing the paycheck were hands off.. But, the guy signing the paychecks is Dan Snyder. The complete antithesis of hands-off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football